Android Pie 9 Mandatory Update - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 04-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #1
Sirfishalots
Chromer

Default Android Pie 9 Mandatory Update

Why do they think we need to go through the hell of some of these updates? Pie 9 has caused me more issues than ever on my Note 8 with Verizon..

Sirfishalots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
caster79
Ifish Nate

Default Re: Android Pie 9 Mandatory Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirfishalots View Post
Why do they think we need to go through the hell of some of these updates? Pie 9 has caused me more issues than ever on my Note 8 with Verizon..
Considering that most updates are either because of a major security gap or a significant bug fix, I would rather have the updates than have the issues unresolved.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:29 AM   #3
Newclear Fishin
Tuna!

My galexy s5 has had 24 updates pending for 5 years. Never done an update except for youtube. Still goin strong with no issues. I think updates are what ruins phones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
Sirfishalots
Chromer

This is the mandatory updates that despite trying to put off or dont do, they eventually just start it and you are at their mercy....
Old 04-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #5
StickFish
King Salmon

Location: Somewhere way past the bass clef. Often Tigard Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newclear Fishin View Post
My galexy s5 has had 24 updates pending for 5 years. Never done an update except for youtube. Still goin strong with no issues. I think updates are what ruins phones

Depends on who you get your updates from. I don't doubt updates from Verizon have malware to mess with your phone after 2 years. But updates from Verizon are like almost never. They screw with it to take features out they make you pay for.

Since I got the Pixel XL and now the Pixel 3 even though my provider is Verizon, I get the updates from Google, every month. Been on 9 for a while. No issues where or the 24 updates my XL got before I upgraded.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #6
natew
Chromer

Quote:
X2. S3 with no updates.
natew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:47 PM   #7
Lucky Guy
King Salmon

I've run into that with upgrading a mac, needed more memory for the upgraded system. Could that be it?
Lucky Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
Newclear Fishin
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickFish View Post
Depends on who you get your updates from. I don't doubt updates from Verizon have malware to mess with your phone after 2 years. But updates from Verizon are like almost never. They screw with it to take features out they make you pay for.

Since I got the Pixel XL and now the Pixel 3 even though my provider is Verizon, I get the updates from Google, every month. Been on 9 for a while. No issues where or the 24 updates my XL got before I upgraded.
I have at&t. I can remember 2 times over the years an automatic update starting on its own but i was able to pop out the battery each time before it got going. I also remember the only time i went into an at&t store, my wifi was on and the monent i left my phone started getting hotter and hotter but i popped out the battery and was ok. I think they tried to nuke my phone cuz it was old. Im kind of a conspiracy theorist
Old 04-15-2019, 05:41 PM   #9
No Reservations
Tuna!

Quote:
I have at&t. I can remember 2 times over the years an automatic update starting on its own but i was able to pop out the battery each time before it got going. I also remember the only time i went into an at&t store, my wifi was on and the monent i left my phone started getting hotter and hotter but i popped out the battery and was ok. I think they tried to nuke my phone cuz it was old. Im kind of a conspiracy theorist

Don’t you have a setting to stop auto updates on an android phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No Reservations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #10
Sirfishalots
Chromer

This isnt the normal apps updates etc... I am referring to the big mandatory security updates. Granted they are far and few between but this particular one was an Android update. From Marshmello I believe to Pie9.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #11
Newclear Fishin
Tuna!

Ive got auto updates turned off for all the little stuff but the 2 that tried and i thwarted bipassed my settings.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:12 AM   #12
Soulakala
King Salmon

having read the posts to this thread I'm now really lost. Looked at my Galaxy 7 and found it running 8.0 with a small secuirty patch made on March 19, 2019. No marshmallows, Pie or lollipops found on the list.