2019-2020 Winter Steelhead Thread - Official - Page 3 - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 01-18-2020, 08:32 AM   #121
Guthooker
Sturgeon

Default Re: 2019-2020 Winter Steelhead Thread - Official

Newclear Nice one. Reading your post I sometimes wonder if it's the rod that causes the light hook ups? we have all been thru it, I had a coho experience one day that was like that just couldn't get one done. fishing with beads I have notice allot more lost fish over jigs.

yesterday the smaller fish I caught fought much harder then the larger one, I had to chase it.

Guthooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2020, 09:05 AM   #122
Newclear Fishin
Tuna!

Im still figuring this bead thing out, I've got about 1000 size 4 hooks because that's all I've used forever but I think I better step it up even though I'm only using 8mm beads. I drift fish with a 15yo gl2. I would guess I'm around 50% lifetime land rate in a healthy sample size. Nice bright ones you got Gut!
Newclear Fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:22 AM   #123
DogZilla15
King Salmon

Newclear: Stepping up your hook size will increase your landing ratio substantially. Find another use for those 4's and get some 1's or 1/0's.
DogZilla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #124
Artwo
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogZilla15 View Post
Newclear: Stepping up your hook size will increase your landing ratio substantially. Find another use for those 4's and get some 1's or 1/0's.
With my bead setup I'm using 10mm BnR soft beads with a size 1 Owner cutting point hook. My hook to land ration last season was pretty decent, I'd say 80% or better.....

Last edited by Artwo; 01-18-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Artwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 01:35 PM   #125
alfon
Steelhead

Good day on the river today, 011820. Fished one of the local rivers in Clatsop Co. that go into the ocean. Caught 2 Steelhead along with 5 Sea Run Cutthroats. First Steelhead was a hatchery hen already spawned out and on her way back to the ocean which I released.

The second Steelhead was the one in the photo. Using fresh, dug myself, sandshrimp and a 1/8 oz. jig. Infact my wife just tied the jig this morning before we left for the river.

Was down to my last sandshrimp when my bobber went down and this beautiful hen Steelhead hit it. She must have just come in a few days ago. I did not notice any sea lice on her which she should have had as the ocean is only 8 miles away or so.

I noticed when I cleaned her she had a right side Maxillary clip, partial dorsal clip, and a upper tail clip as well, along with the normal adipose clip.

All were on video for our youtube channel Fontana Outdoors.

I sent an email to ODFW why so many fin clips on one fish? It just does not
make any sense why once they clip the maxillary, and the adipose fin, why they would they continue clipping fins with the dorsal and tail?

[ATTACH]738093
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0527001.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	738093  

Last edited by alfon; 01-18-2020 at 02:39 PM.
alfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:21 PM   #126
Guthooker
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newclear Fishin View Post
Im still figuring this bead thing out, I've got about 1000 size 4 hooks because that's all I've used forever but I think I better step it up even though I'm only using 8mm beads. I drift fish with a 15yo gl2. I would guess I'm around 50% lifetime land rate in a healthy sample size. Nice bright ones you got Gut!

I use a 14 mm bead with a #1 hook sometimes #2 using the B-N-R stops 1/32 weight between my main wait with bobber stops makes it adjustable.

pearl pink or sweet pink cherry have been the ticket, also us SS version they call it hot pink pearl, I like the stops better with bnr.

I might try some 1/0 they seem kind of big though. this is my first year at going with beads first before the jig and in some situations the beads make more sense.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #127
jagosh
Steelhead

[QUOTE=alfon;16231171]Good day on the river today, 011820. Fished one of the local rivers in Clatsop Co. that go into the ocean. Caught 2 Steelhead along with 5 Sea Run Cutthroats. First Steelhead was a hatchery hen already spawned out and on her way back to the ocean which I released.

The second Steelhead was the one in the photo. Using fresh, dug myself, sandshrimp and a 1/8 oz. jig. Infact my wife just tied the jig this morning before we left for the river.

Was down to my last sandshrimp when my bobber went down and this beautiful hen Steelhead hit it. She must have just come in a few days ago. I did not notice any sea lice on her which she should have had as the ocean is only 8 miles away or so.

I noticed when I cleaned her she had a right side Maxillary clip, partial dorsal clip, and a upper tail clip as well, along with the normal adipose clip.

make any sense why once they clip the maxillary, and the adipose fin, why they would they continue clipping fins with the dorsal and tail?

Love your videos! The sound mix is awesome, music in the background and the sounds of the fight up front. Great Job!
Old 01-18-2020, 03:54 PM   #128
Fishfeet
King Salmon

The multiple clippings on a single fish, are designed to thoroughly confuse you.
So that you are more easily fined for any or all offenses committed while tagging any such fish.
Don't need to read the synopsis, because it is not covered in the rules and regs.
Good luck.
Throw it back as bycatch. Cheaper that way.
They need to raise the intake monies of offenses some way. In order to keep their jobs.
Think traffic speed traps. Same sort of operation. Without minimum posted speed signs.

Sarcasm makes the world spin.

Last edited by Fishfeet; 01-18-2020 at 03:55 PM.
Fishfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:14 PM   #129
asully503
Steelhead

I went 1/2 today on the coast. First one was hooked bobber dogging a pink worm. Second (below) was on a 12mm bead under a bobber. Water looked pretty good but I was surprised how clear it was for all the weather we have had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by asully503; 01-21-2020 at 07:28 AM.
asully503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:49 AM   #130
alfon
Steelhead

[quote=jagosh;16231263]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfon View Post
Good day on the river today, 011820. Fished one of the local rivers in Clatsop Co. that go into the ocean. Caught 2 Steelhead along with 5 Sea Run Cutthroats. First Steelhead was a hatchery hen already spawned out and on her way back to the ocean which I released.

Love your videos! The sound mix is awesome, music in the background and the sounds of the fight up front. Great Job!
Thanks for watching our videos. My wife does all the the editing and soundtracks all I do is the fishing. She puts in hours of time for just one video.

I will let my wife, Nadia, know, Thanks again
Old 01-19-2020, 09:20 AM   #131
fishnews
Steelhead

I went few time on local SW Washington rivers since Jan 1st, east and north of Vancouver. There river used to head reasonable returns. Talked to many drift boats and bank guys. Fishing is really slow, no native fish or hatchery fish. It is possible steelhead returns are delayed? People talking about not buying license and punch cards for next season...maybe that will finally teach lesson State Hatchery management..

Last edited by fishnews; 01-19-2020 at 09:23 AM.
fishnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:19 PM   #132
Got-Chrome
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave4chrome View Post
And second fish....

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
That's a nice fish. congrats! hope to get out Saturday to give it a shot
Got-Chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:47 PM   #133
shanem
Tuna!

Melissa was on fire today. She went 1 for 3, this girl taped at 31”. Miss Riffle with the photo bomb and is clearly excited to get some grilled skin.

Old 01-19-2020, 09:20 PM   #134
PTS
Chromer

Put in a couple hours middle of the day to day on the Sandy-
dodge park area. Swung flies on sink tip, nymphed flies, beads & unweighted spinner, switched to bobber rod and fished jigs, worms and beads. Great water on a slight rise. As expected, nothing. Talked to about 15 other fishermen all with same lack of success. One reported fishing at hatchery earlier with maybe one fish hooked.
PTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #135
Hydrophilic
Tuna!

What is the cool 2020 term for big steelhead? Grizz? Walrus? Hippo? or are pig and toad still acceptable? Either way, Nice fish Shanem!
Hydrophilic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:41 AM   #136
adamg
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTS View Post
Put in a couple hours middle of the day to day on the Sandy-
dodge park area. Swung flies on sink tip, nymphed flies, beads & unweighted spinner, switched to bobber rod and fished jigs, worms and beads. Great water on a slight rise. As expected, nothing. Talked to about 15 other fishermen all with same lack of success. One reported fishing at hatchery earlier with maybe one fish hooked.
Floated from oxbow yesterday, same report for us and everyone else we spoke to
adamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:24 AM   #137
Fishfeet
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrophilic View Post
What is the cool 2020 term for big steelhead? Grizz? Walrus? Hippo? or are pig and toad still acceptable? Either way, Nice fish Shanem!
Think the 2020 buzz word is seal dodger. Or maybe sea lion dodger?
Old 01-20-2020, 10:06 AM   #138
fisherman_rick
Steelhead

Nice fish, Melissa!
fisherman_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:36 PM   #139
Fish mojo
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Unicorn 🦄
"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
Fish mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:09 PM   #140
SouthCoastStu
Ifish Nate

Smile Re: 2019-2020 Winter Steelhead Thread - Official

Happy MLK Day!! Went 2-3 today 2 on jigs and 1 on worm. First hook-up was HUGE and chrome - took off back to the ocean

Have seen some people doing really well on beads. I fished some 12mm softs for a while but nada
SouthCoastStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:43 PM   #141
Guthooker
Sturgeon

I got greedy today caught 2 in my first 15 minutes released the second because I wanted to keep fishing, spent the next 4 hours trying. both were on the splatterback jig. saw A guy 150 yards below me catch 2 in about a half hour on bait. also saw 5 others being packed out and heard of many more caught.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:48 PM   #142
Guthooker
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCoastStu View Post
Happy MLK Day!! Went 2-3 today 2 on jigs and 1 on worm. First hook-up was HUGE and chrome - took off back to the ocean :wave

Have seen some people doing really well on beads. I fished some 12mm softs for a while but nada
Nice fish Stu, I use 14 mm steelhead stalkers hot pink pearl or creamsicle, but today I caught them on the splatterback jig. Just depends on what they like for that day I guess.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:38 PM   #143
Whethole
Sturgeon

Great job, all you slayers! You're killing me with all these great pictures. I just laid my last bit of flooring, nailed my last chunk of trim, and painted my last wall. Feels good to be done in time to for steelhead season.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:48 PM   #144
Fishfeet
King Salmon

Yeehaw. Things is warming up.
Look at all the chromer steelies suddenly.
Time to break out your combat fishing armor.
I can tell zacally where each of those fish were caught, just from the pictures.
I'll be there soon.

Last edited by Fishfeet; 01-20-2020 at 06:49 PM.
Fishfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:23 PM   #145
Spinitrode
King Salmon

Quote:
...I noticed when I cleaned her she had a right side Maxillary clip, partial dorsal clip, and a upper tail clip as well, along with the normal adipose clip.

I doubt those are all extra clips, the fins often just get deformed in the hatchery as juveniles from having that many fish crammed into a (relatively) small concrete pen; nubbed/crooked dorsals is how hatchery fish were usually ID'd back before ad clips became standard. The only actual clips I'm aware of besides adipose are either maxillary or ventral if they're trying to track something more specific.
Spinitrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:32 PM   #146
Spinitrode
King Salmon

My report to contribute... 0/0 combined for 2 short/half days over the weekend; first trip of the year, central coast tossing spinners. Water was running slightly high & fast for my taste on Sat ~ color was good to start but got a little brown in the afternoon as it rained during the day. Mon it was already slightly lower & clearer than I expected like someone else said just compared to Sat. Still nice to get out and see what's changed since last year; at least I didn't fall or break anything or lose a crazy amount to snags
Old 01-21-2020, 05:18 PM   #147
BCFISHON1
Chromer

Made a quick stop at eagle creek yesterday,water was a tad high and little fast but clear and fishable. I tossed spinners and Bobber and jig for about 4 hours with no steely to show for it. I didn't spot any fish either but I did release a nice cutthroat about 18 inches,stealth grey with a completely spotted body and on the snakey side,absolutely gorgeous specimen.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:32 PM   #148
Guthooker
Sturgeon

Found a couple more, Had the river to myself that was nice.

Old 01-21-2020, 07:57 PM   #149
jagosh
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthooker View Post
I got greedy today caught 2 in my first 15 minutes released the second because I wanted to keep fishing, spent the next 4 hours trying. both were on the splatterback jig. saw A guy 150 yards below me catch 2 in about a half hour on bait. also saw 5 others being packed out and heard of many more caught.

You and those splatterbacks...... can I have some?
Old 01-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #150
Guthooker
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagosh View Post
You and those splatterbacks...... can I have some?
pm sent

Last edited by Guthooker; 01-21-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:32 PM   #151
Fishfeet
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whethole View Post
Great job, all you slayers! You're killing me with all these great pictures. I just laid my last bit of flooring, nailed my last chunk of trim, and painted my last wall. Feels good to be done in time to for steelhead season.
You're too late Steve.
Unicorn season is over.
Spring nook season is about to maybe start.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:47 PM   #152
Guthooker
Sturgeon

Two more today on splatterback, 1 native unhooked itself right at the bank which is fine by me and this hen.

Old 01-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #153
Hydrophilic
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whethole View Post
Too late unfortunately, unicorn season is over
Old 01-22-2020, 05:01 PM   #154
Hydrophilic
Tuna!

Guthooker and Stu are getting it done!
Old 01-22-2020, 05:24 PM   #155
Cali stlhdr
Steelhead

what is a splatterback?
Cali stlhdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:13 PM   #156
Guthooker
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali stlhdr View Post
what is a splatterback?
Notice the one sticking out of the mouth of the steelhead on my screen back drop.

Last edited by Guthooker; 01-22-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #157
Chinook Angler
Chromer

Quote:
Notice the one sticking out of the mouth of the steelhead on my screen back drop.

Is that a variation of the "Green Butt Skunk"?
Chinook Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:50 PM   #158
Guthooker
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook Angler View Post
I have no idea, Kalamageo posted the design a few years ago there are some articles about it in the search function. I just use it all the time and it works for me. Not to sure if others have had success with it or not, I'm a 80 percent jig guy so maybe it just gets more bottom time then other style jigs.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #159
TanTastic84
Steelhead

I'm no steelhead expert but, for the times I have been successful it seems like the more simply I tie my jigs, the more success they have.

I basically tie the exact same style: x-cut rabbit fur (or yarn) tail, chenille body (generally hot pink), and whatever color head that catches my attention.

No fuss, no muss.
TanTastic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #160
Spinitrode
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook Angler View Post
I'd say not really. A Skunk has a white hair wing, silver tinsel rib on the body (with or without the green butt) and a red tail, and nothing like the cerise chenille(?) body w/ black tail. I guess you could call almost anything on a hook a variation of some sort since they have a few colors in common, but most of the materials and placement are both different here.

Old 01-23-2020, 12:13 PM   #161
TheFishingWookie
Fry

Quote:

[ATTACH]738093

My favorite part in your videos "Steelhead!" "I got a steelhead!" "Yup It's a steelhead!" Love it!
TheFishingWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:19 PM   #162
jagosh
Steelhead

I’m finally on the board! With everything blown out I went plunking for steelhead for the first time. Wasn't too crowded and I followed advice and lobbed it only about 5 ft. Got out of the downpour and actually logged on to do some work. I had to shut the windows and luckily, out of the corner of my eye, I saw my rod straighten up. Yep, no find ding ding for me once again. I scrambled out of my rig, removed the bell and reeled tight. Was scared to set the hook with that giant gear and he took off down stream. I had only been there 15 minutes, made lots of friends for this one and he started running down stream at my neighbors gear. I tightened the drag a bit and started the dance. It never came out of the water and had heavy head shakes, for a moment I thought...... nah, no way! I got him close and saw an average sized fish with a big old fin. Wasn’t really sure what to do at this point but one gent was getting a net out his truck. Drag was acting odd so I just thumbed the spool and it popped off. So, I “landed” a fish

Plunking is not my thing but have been working on it more and it is thrilling to see that rod start jerking. Was very nice to have the shakes again!

I was surprised when I got back inside that I had set everything down carefully.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:50 AM   #163
alfon
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFishingWookie View Post
My favorite part in your videos "Steelhead!" "I got a steelhead!" "Yup It's a steelhead!" Love it!
Yes even at 69 years old and many Steelhead and Salmon later I still
get excited just like a kid when I hook a Steelhead. It never gets
old, that why I keep on fishing.

My wife does all the editing for our videos and she gets a kick how
I get so excited when I hook one, she never wants to edit it out.

Al Fontana
Old 01-24-2020, 06:41 AM   #164
TheFishingWookie
Fry

Wink Re: 2019-2020 Winter Steelhead Thread - Official

Quote:

Al Fontana

Haha good! I hope she never will edit that out. I grew up in the same town as that river so it's fun to watch someone else catch some chrome out there.
TheFishingWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:11 AM   #165
treefish
Coho

Quote:

Al Fontana
Great Job on the videos!

They are well put together. I enjoy all the foot level shots, drone shots, underwater shots, shots along the trail, and of course the bobber down steelhead on! Your wife is an artist!

Keep uploading the great content!
treefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #166
SouthCoastStu
Ifish Nate

Thumbs up Re: 2019-2020 Winter Steelhead Thread - Official

Quote:

Looks kinda like a Nightmare with some green on the back. I want some
SouthCoastStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:30 PM   #167
Greenleaf
Chromer

Steelhead thread was on page 4?

Yup

Pink pearl corky w/ eggs, drift fished
Old 02-03-2020, 05:37 PM   #168
Steelheader4life
Chromer

On my 3rd attempt this winter I finally found some fish. My first two trips were ruined by rain and a rising river. Today was just on the brink of being too high but it all worked out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5F57545D-DB37-40CA-BBD7-03A9AB5968B5_1580783827219.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	739183  
Steelheader4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:04 PM   #169
Roady
Chromer

I have a report for the past two days. Too tired to go into details. More to follow.

Old 02-03-2020, 09:34 PM   #170
Hydrophilic
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenleaf View Post
Steelhead thread was on page 4?

Yup

Pink pearl corky w/ eggs, drift fished
Nice one, did you tape? Definitely a unicorn! or a seal dodger, as fishfeet would say

Last edited by Hydrophilic; 02-03-2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:36 PM   #171
Hydrophilic
Tuna!

My nicest of the season so far, always a giant pleasure to hang out with these guys.. never gets old or any less special.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:33 AM   #172
Artwo
King Salmon

Way to get it done in these unstable water levels guys..................
Old 02-04-2020, 04:18 PM   #173
Nightvisionary
Chromer

Reached my limit on springers and winters on the Clack. Wow what a day.
Nightvisionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #174
Greenleaf
Chromer

Quote:
Nice one, did you tape? Definitely a unicorn! or a seal dodger, as fishfeet would say
36" and 15lbs... search for a 20lb'er continues
Old 02-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #175
ampersat
King Salmon

A lot of really nice steelhead caught this season. Bigger than those I recall from the recent past. Nice job folks!

The days are long but the years are short.
ampersat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:16 PM   #176
Roady
Chromer

Default 2019-2020 Winter Steelhead Thread - Official

On 2/2 and 2/3, I went fishing at my super secret spot on my super secret river that is in between the Canadian and Mexican boarders. You’ve probably never heard of it. Only the people who know it and even those who don’t, know it.

On 2/2, the water was pretty high, so I plunked close to shore most of the day. Had one good bell-ringer that didn’t stick and caught a sucker. Although I struck out, a guy caught a nice little hatchery hen at the top of the hole, using coon shrimp under a float. About an hour after that, an older gentleman caught this hatchery buck (maybe the hen’s boyfriend) plunking a small sng with no bait or scent. His phone wasn’t working so I took a few pics for him.

There was one more fish hooked and lost. I think he was drift fishing a soft bead.

On 2/3, I went 1-fer-2. While plunking a sng and sandshrimp, I had a fish grab my bait hard. It pulled the rod holder out of the soft ground and I had to dive to grab my rod. The fish then darted under a log and broke my leader. About an hour later, after everyone else had left, I caught this buck right in front of that same log. He INHALED a white and peach colored AeroJig tipped with a small piece of sandshrimp tail. (This was the only fish caught out of that hole)

Last edited by Roady; 02-05-2020 at 07:12 AM.
Roady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:18 PM   #177
KalamaGeo.
King Salmon

This is without a doubt the latest FIRST winter of the season for me. Usually I'm chasing silvers until the 1st of January. This year was no different. Christmas eve day I went 20+ for 30+ on Bright hatchery and wild silvers. River blew out a few days later and lining up a window of water and my ability to fish it just didn't happen.

Until yesterday.

Took my raft to the river and floated HUGE water. The flow was double what I'm used to but clearing and about 2 feet of vis. Water was cold too. The snow melt had really put the fish down. Guides were getting one or two fish per boat by floating 12 miles of river. I cut that in half and slowed down. Soft water was hard to find.

Got a white bright 12-ish pound wild hen on a 50/50 BC steel spoon. She was right where I expected to find her even though I was the 7th boat through. The whole day, I kept thinking I should just row straight to this spot. That is how sure I was. But who doesn't that, right?

Unfortunately, there was no bank to safely beach and do the photo thing. The barbless hook was QUICKLY slipped out and on her way she went. No touch, no fuss. No photo so I guess it didn't happen.

Good to hear the Splatterback is still catching. If the water ever gets to a reasonable level again, it will make a return to my line. Cold and high water just screams SPOONS.........

Last edited by KalamaGeo.; 02-05-2020 at 12:21 PM.
KalamaGeo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #178
fisherman_rick
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
Reached my limit on springers and winters on the Clack. Wow what a day.

That's awesome, let's see some photos!!!
fisherman_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #179
Artwo
King Salmon

As a workin guy, I can only fish the weekends. Outside of a few days so far this season, the river levels/clarity are killing my season. Every weekend it seems the river levels jump way up and spoil my plans for the weekend. To combat against this, I plan to take half of next week off (it's my b-day) and put in two full days on the river during the week.........hopefully.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:21 PM   #180
AnnaDraMoss
King Salmon

Here’s Roger’s trophy pic from yesterday.
Fun times.

AnnaDraMoss is offline   Reply With Quote