Hagg Lake Bass Clinic? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 03-27-2019, 10:22 PM   #1
ravenhood
Fry

Default Hagg Lake Bass Clinic?

It has been a while since i have been on here, but I remember a while back that someone (roger?) used to do some bass fishing clinics out at hagg lake. do these things still happen? A student of mine and I have been trying to learn bass fishing and would love to find someone that actually knows what they are doing. We have fished st Louis ponds and both got our first large mouth there
(he beat me in size, which makes me proud and jealous at the same time), but would love to expand our knowledge.

ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

Default Re: Hagg Lake Bass Clinic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenhood View Post
It has been a while since i have been on here, but I remember a while back that someone (roger?) used to do some bass fishing clinics out at Hagg lake. do these things still happen? A student of mine and I have been trying to learn bass fishing and would love to find someone that actually knows what they are doing. We have fished st Louis ponds and both got our first large mouth there
(he beat me in size, which makes me proud and jealous at the same time), but would love to expand our knowledge.

I would be glad to do another free BY THE WATER BASS CLASS!
The best time for the class would be in April. The shore line grass will have grown in well and the bass will use the grass to ambush prey. Now that I have a new bass boat I will also take you two out on the boat for some on the water training!
I will post the time and date for the class soon! Thank you for asking! I also ALWAYS encourage Catch and release! If you do ever keep bass Please limit the number of fish you keep and PLEASE do not keep any bass over two pounds. A bass over 7 pounds is most likely over 20 years old in this part of the country. I takes a very long time for nature to replace a fish that big. Take a photo and PLEASE let her go back for others to enjoy!
I will have handouts and some lures for everyone at no charge!
I love this sport and I just like helping other learn to love and respect the fishery.

Roger
AKA Silver Lake ExBassGuide
THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Last edited by ExBassGuide; 03-28-2019 at 10:06 AM.
ExBassGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
ravenhood
Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExBassGuide View Post
I would be glad to do another free BY THE WATER BASS CLASS!
The best time for the class would be in April. The shore line grass will have grown in well and the bass will use the grass to ambush prey. Now that I have a new bass boat I will also take you two out on the boat for some on the water training!
I will post the time and date for the class soon! Thank you for asking! I also ALWAYS encourage Catch and release! If you do ever keep bass Please limit the number of fish you keep and PLEASE do not keep any bass over two pounds. A bass over 7 pounds is most likely over 20 years old in this part of the country. I takes a very long time for nature to replace a fish that big. Take a photo and PLEASE let her go back for others to enjoy!
I will have handouts and some lures for everyone at no charge!
I love this sport and I just like helping other learn to love and respect the fishery.

Roger
AKA Silver Lake ExBassGuide
THANKS AGAIN!!!!!
Yes, please let us know when you plan to do it! He will be excited!
ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2019, 06:30 AM   #4
Crows Nest
Cutthroat

If a date gets set I will be there.

I have been trying to gain as much info from YouTube and reading. However that can’t make up for time on the water or the insight of an expert on how to read the conditions and the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crows Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:03 PM   #5
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

It looks like the first part of May will be much better. The trout fishermen will thin out some and the bass will be more active. As is get near I will post date and time on Ifish!

I did take out my boat on it's maiden trip. I fished Lacamas Lake Washington state. The lake water level was High and the temps were 50 deg. and a little muddy. I checked everything out on the boat and started to set up the depth finders (Lowrance hook7) and a smaller bow mount Lowrance. I did fish for about an hour or two near the slow no wake new boat ramp area. I did get two fish the biggest was over two pounds. I got them on a Robo worm Ned rig setup. the worm was red and chartreuse. The bright color was a big help. I got the fish off wood. one in 7 feet of water and one in 15 feet of water. I did run out into the main lake but never fished there. That was my first bass of the year. I hope to land more than 700 bass this year. about 10 years ago I would land 700 bass a year or more.
Now have plenty of time on my hands I will be all over the willy!
I live 1/2 mile from a boat ramp on the willy.
Roger
Click link to see photo!
https://www.ifish.net/board/album.php?albumid=3509https://www.ifish.net/board/album.php?albumid=3509

Last edited by ExBassGuide; 04-09-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:04 PM   #6
Golfbum
Steelhead

Quote:
It looks like the first part of May will be much better. The trout fishermen will thin out some and the bass will be more active. As is get near I will post date and time on Ifish!

I did take out my boat on it's maiden trip. I fished Lacamas Lake Washington state. The lake water level was High and the temps were 50 deg. and a little muddy. I checked everything out on the boat and started to set up the depth finders (Lowrance hook7) and a smaller bow mount Lowrance. I did fish for about an hour or two near the slow no wake new boat ramp area. I did get two fish the biggest was over two pounds. I got them on a Robo worm Ned rig setup. the worm was red and chartreuse. The bright color was a big help. I got the fish off wood. one in 7 feet of water and one in 15 feet of water. I did run out into the main lake but never fished there. That was my first bass of the year. I hope to land more than 700 bass this year. about 10 years ago I would land 700 bass a year or more.
Roger
Click link to see photo!
https://www.ifish.net/board/album.php?albumid=3509https://www.ifish.net/board/album.php?albumid=3509
Nice ride
Golfbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #7
dirtman
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Roger
Click link to see photo!
That is a very nice boat.

Do you plan to take it on the Willy above where the Yamhill dumps in? I've gone through a few props with my boat up that way.
dirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:19 PM   #8
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

dirtman I will be fishing mostly the lower river. But when the conditions are right I will fish above the "O" city falls. Most of the time I will be fishing Newberg to Rock Island.

Over the years lot of people have asked for information on fishing spots. they are as far from you as your finger tips. The data is right there on line you just need to find it. This is information I found on line in the last three weeks.
Now I just need to go out and confirm the quality of each. (that's the fun part!)

Below is what I found! At the class I will tell you how I did it!

I have 218 spots listed! It helps that I have fish the river for years but mostly from shore and a pontoon boat (row boat).

https://www.ifish.net/board/attachme...1&d=1554938150
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WillametteSpotspng.png
Views:	146
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	721659  

Last edited by ExBassGuide; 04-10-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:26 PM   #9
Green Eyes
Tuna!

Love the boat Rodger! It will get into a lot skinnier water than mine, the Willamette has taken her share of my props! Just want to say what a great ambassador for the sport! You taught me so much in the one class I attended, totally changed my bass fishing. Thank you in my mind every time I go out! Hope to get a chance to fish with you in the future.
Green Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #10
marthagofish
Chromer

Very nice ride Roger. Should provide years of enjoyment.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:21 AM   #11
Slush1422
Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows Nest View Post
If a date gets set I will be there.

I have been trying to gain as much info from YouTube and reading. However that can’t make up for time on the water or the insight of an expert on how to read the conditions and the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same position. Grew up bass fishing in the New England area and moved around some. Just moved here recently and excited to be someplace where there is some bass fishing! If there is a clinic I would be there.
Slush1422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:32 PM   #12
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

Okay I have been slammed the last two months. I just could not find the time to do a class. So till I can free up a Saturday, I would like to invite ravenhood and his pal to fish with me. ravenhood please "Private message me and we will hit the Willamette River for bass! I would like to say I am sorry for not being able to do a class yet! With the smallmouth bass spawn and having my truck in the shop four times in May. Also the renters in my beach front house in Rockaway Beach moved out and I am working on up grades and repairs. And dealing with my girl friend having cancer with 6 months expiration as per docs. It just hard to get it all done! I will do a class before too long!
Roger

Last edited by ExBassGuide; 06-27-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:31 PM   #13
Dave Smith
Sturgeon

I remember when Roger pm'd me, desperately needing help with Hagg Lake. So, I make him a map of a super consistent spot. Bro helping bro. Next thing I see it's on ifish!! So pathetic. I LOVE the idea of people finding spots and then helping each other, but NOT begging for spots and then spilling them on the www just to try get more followers. Won't be fooled again. Any of you who work and find spots and learn things on your own, be careful. Everyone else: you'll be fine. DS

2010 appointee Oregon GOOSE TASK FORCE
Dave Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:17 AM   #14
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

Dave's post is Fake news!

Dave I have fished Hagg for years and I did not need your map. I just asked a question on a post I did not understand. The spot was mine years before you talked with me about it. So I made a map of it and used MY information on the map. I have landed lots of fish off the spot before you and your information and the information was not new to me. It is not YOUR spot I have known about it for years. If some one gives me a location I had not found or figured it out yet I would not post it. The biggest point on Hagg Lake is not hard to find. How many years have you been butt hurt? ;-)

Last edited by ExBassGuide; 06-27-2019 at 05:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:18 AM   #15
Dave Smith
Sturgeon

Quote:
Dave's post is Fake news!

Dave I have fished Hagg for years and I did not need your map. I just asked a question on a post I did not understand. The spot was mine years before you talked with me about it. So I made a map of it and used MY information on the map. I have landed lots of fish off the spot before you and your information and the information was not new to me. It is not YOUR spot I have known about it for years. If some one gives me a location I had not found or figured it out yet I would not post it. The biggest point on Hagg Lake is not hard to find. How many years have you been butt hurt? ;-)
You know the truth, and so do I, AND I still have your message lol. It's FINE. I've moved on from bass fishing. I wish you success and if you're still getting a thrill out of having a little following, and your followers are getting a thrill, too, then it's ALL GOOD! Just thought I would give fair warning that's all. DS

2010 appointee Oregon GOOSE TASK FORCE
Dave Smith is offline   Reply With Quote