The Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission (OFWC) finalized the 2015 Pacific halibut seasons at their meeting this morning. The OFWC adopted the season dates that the staff had recommended.
A season map can be found at: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/MRP/finfish/halibut/seasonmaps/2015_hbt_map.pdf
Columbia River Subarea
Central Oregon Coast
- All-depth season opens May 1, every Thursday-Sunday until the quota is attained or Sept 30, whichever is earlier.
- The nearshore season opens May 4, every Monday-Wednesday.
Southern Oregon Subarea
- The spring all-depth season fixed dates are May 14-16, May 28-30, June 11-13, and June 25-27. If quota remains, possible back-up dates are July 9-11 and July 23-25.
- The summer all-depth season opens August 7-8, every other Friday and Saturday until the quota is attained or October 31, whichever is earlier.
- The nearshore season opens July 1, seven days per week, until October 31 or the quota is attained.
- Opens May 1, seven days per week until October 31 or the quota is attained.
Additional information can be found on the ODFW sport halibut webpage: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/MRP/finfish/halibut/index.asp