Walleye Newbie - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 06-27-2019, 09:06 AM   #1
Mr. Fish
Fry

Default Walleye Newbie

I have been out for walleye twice so far this year (only two times in my life). We went up and launched out of Celilo Park. First day got about 10 and second we got 4. We were doing the typical worm harness "trolling" down river as slow as we could with a bottom walker. However, I have a few general questions about these fish, I am not looking for anyone's secret spots or lures, but I see people always talking about water temp and water clarity. How do these two factors have an effect on the walleye bite? Warmer water means more active..? Clearer water means they can see your setup and better bite..? Also, we were fishing about 12-25ft of water, do these fish like to hang out on the edges of the drop offs or by structures? I just want to understand how these fish function a little more. Any insight you guys have on this would be greatly appreciated!

Mr. Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 06:04 AM   #2
hipchef99
Cutthroat

Default Re: Walleye Newbie

We troll Perch Bandit 27ft Deep water lures at 80 to 90 ft behind the boat going down hill. We hit them on the upper Columbia in 20 to 25 ft of water. We have also hit them in shallow water in the evening when they were coming from deeper water to feed. We hit those on Rapala Floating Perch lures 4' to 6' while throwing them out for SM Bass. You will find them along the edges between 15 to 25 ft.
hipchef99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
hipchef99
Cutthroat

The Newbie is doing better. 11 lb 3 oz 33 1/2"

Last edited by hipchef99; 08-03-2019 at 07:51 AM.
hipchef99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #4
Santiam338
Sturgeon

No pic...