2019 odfw hunt draw results - Page 3 - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Hunting

Old 06-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #121
crawdad
Chromer

Default Re: 2019 odfw hunt draw results

I kind of miss getting the little cards in the mail. I don’t remember sweating it as much back then. It was just, “oh hey look at what came today.” Now I’m a nervous wreck checking every five minutes haha!

crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #122
Calcoyote
Chromer

I guess my only complaint is with antelope. We are within 60 days of the season opener and none of us know yet if we drew out. Many of us who work jobs have to put in and get vacation approved and there is a better likelihood of getting it approved the earlier you put in.

I dont mind waiting till late June on deer and elk but we hunt antelope in August and I need to be able to make plans.
Calcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #123
gettin' fishy
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcoyote View Post
I guess my only complaint is with antelope. We are within 60 days of the season opener and none of us know yet if we drew out. Many of us who work jobs have to put in and get vacation approved and there is a better likelihood of getting it approved the earlier you put in.

I dont mind waiting till late June on deer and elk but we hunt antelope in August and I need to be able to make plans.
Can you put in for your vacation in anticipation of drawing. Then cancel it if you don't draw? Kind of a BS move, but it would make sure you have the time off.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
gettin' fishy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2019, 07:58 PM   #124
piscean
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes_venatici View Post
On Friday, login to the ODFW site and check to see if you drew or not.
Is that an inside news...Should I start bookin bets..lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
piscean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:13 PM   #125
Wildstuff86
Fry

Quote:

I never thought of this in my case. Kinda didn’t realize how soon it is. I wouldn’t be eligible for a vacation request as ours must be submitted prior to 60 days. 90 days and it’s automatically approved.
Wildstuff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #126
Snertsky
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loper View Post
Self-control can be an asset
I take it you didn't check your numbers then?

Wasn't a lot of "effort expended" to see that numbers aren't close together.

It's all theoretical probabilities though. It's at least nice to know that there's ALWAYS a chance (except for point saver folks).

Thursday will be here soon enough.
Snertsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:42 PM   #127
loper
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snertsky View Post
I take it you didn't check your numbers then?

Wasn't a lot of "effort expended" to see that numbers aren't close together.

It's all theoretical probabilities though. It's at least nice to know that there's ALWAYS a chance (except for point saver folks).

Thursday will be here soon enough.

This isn’t Gamblers Anonymous 🤠

Although it seems for some perhaps it should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2019, 07:49 AM   #128
blackdog
Sturgeon

Quote:

Then how would you feel if you drew a truly once in a lifetime bighorn sheep tag that opened in mid-August and had less than 2 months to scout and prepare. Those are the tagholders IMO that are getting robbed of valuable time.
blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:56 AM   #129
Ol' KL
Tuna!

I’d feel awesome!
Old 06-19-2019, 07:58 AM   #130
Clackman
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
Then how would you feel if you drew a truly once in a lifetime bighorn sheep tag that opened in mid-August and had less than 2 months to scout and prepare. Those are the tagholders IMO that are getting robbed of valuable time.
yes it is very tough something most are not set up for and you have the least amount of time
Clackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:00 AM   #131
OSUsmokey
Coho

Heard no sooner than 1pm on 6/20
OSUsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:22 AM   #132
SquarePeg
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin' fishy View Post
Can you put in for your vacation in anticipation of drawing. Then cancel it if you don't draw? Kind of a BS move, but it would make sure you have the time off.

Precisely what I do. I look at Ron's draw prediction numbers, figure out what I want to put in for, request the vacation for it and get it confirmed in writing, THEN I put in my applications.

It's not really a BS move. The "game" comes with rules. Figure out the best strategy within what the rules allow and ... do it. If the rules change then the strategy changes.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:49 AM   #133
HighCascade
Steelhead

A solid proposal would be for sheep/mountain goat to be done sooner. Very few tags, No points, no LOP. June 6th would be 2 weeks sooner and guarantee a couple work days to make sure it's right.

Necessary? No. But ODFW manages game, they dont own them. They do owe us their best.
HighCascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #134
QuazyQuinton
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCascade View Post
A solid proposal would be for sheep/mountain goat to be done sooner. Very few tags, No points, no LOP. June 6th would be 2 weeks sooner and guarantee a couple work days to make sure it's right.

Necessary? No. But ODFW manages game, they dont own them. They do owe us their best.
Or perhaps run the sheep and goat draws in February with the spring bear draw.

QQ
Old 06-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #135
raised2hunt
Steelhead

I think it’s safe to say the ODFW employee who pushes the button to load the results is the most powerful man (or woman) in the world. Nobody should have that kind of power!!!
raised2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #136
wildwood
Ifish Nate

So we could split hairs. Their website says by June 20th. It doesn't say close of business on June 20th. Technically by June 20th would mean that the results would be available no later than 11:59.59 pm on June 19, 2019; allowing for results to be seen by June 20th which is 12:00 am on June 20th.

Last edited by wildwood; 06-19-2019 at 10:06 AM.
wildwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:00 AM   #137
orarcher
Ifish Nate

^^^^
Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty.
orarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:34 AM   #138
Wildstuff86
Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePeg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin' fishy View Post

Wolds information is great when it comes to Goat and Sheep. Everyone’s situation is different. More than 60 days is not asking a lot.

Precisely what I do. I look at Ron's draw prediction numbers, figure out what I want to put in for, request the vacation for it and get it confirmed in writing, THEN I put in my applications.

It's not really a BS move. The "game" comes with rules. Figure out the best strategy within what the rules allow and ... do it. If the rules change then the strategy changes.
Wildstuff86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:40 AM   #139
Flatfish
King Salmon

I wonder how many folks at ODFW read this thread every year.

Maybe they wait til it is at 1 zillion views before they release the results.

Or maybe they have an office pool on how many hits it has when they push the button.

Or maybe they wait til the number of hts here simply crashes the interwebs, and then they hit the button.

Anxiously awaiting the good news that we drew 2 sheep tags
A curious thing happens when hatchery fish stocks decline: People who aren't aware of the old levels accept the new ones as normal. Over generations, societies adjust their expectations downward to match prevailing conditions
Flatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #140
IdahoBeav
Ifish Nate

If I were still living in Oregon, I'd actually want the process to take place later in the year, preferably to where you could change your app up until July 20. This way one would be able to receive all controlled hunt app results from other states in time to switch Oregon apps to point savers if need be.

Last edited by IdahoBeav; 06-19-2019 at 10:44 AM.
IdahoBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #141
wildwood
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfish View Post
I wonder how many folks at ODFW read this thread every year.

Maybe they wait til it is at 1 zillion views before they release the results.

Or maybe they have an office pool on how many hits it has when they push the button.

Or maybe they wait til the number of hts here simply crashes the interwebs, and then they hit the button.

Anxiously awaiting the good news that we drew 2 sheep tags
The folks absolutely know about ifish and the comments that are made on here. That was verified by an ODFW employee at the Adair Village Office.

Next year I am going to burn all my points, then moving out of the State of Oregon so it won't matter to me anymore!
Old 06-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #142
SteveFitz
Steelhead

I have tp think they are having undisclosed computer problems.
Remember the Oregon health plan fiasco.
SteveFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #143
QuazyQuinton
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwood View Post
The folks absolutely know about ifish and the comments that are made on here. That was verified by an ODFW employee at the Adair Village Office.

Next year I am going to burn all my points, then moving out of the State of Oregon so it won't matter to me anymore!
They probably know about Ifish, but I perceive that Ifish is a pleasant place compared to Facebook, Twitter, etc.

QQ
Old 06-19-2019, 11:59 AM   #144
HighCascade
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuazyQuinton View Post
Or perhaps run the sheep and goat draws in February with the spring bear draw.

QQ
Would be great for those of us who do spring bear, but odfw would be out 1000s of $8 app fees if they went that early.
HighCascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:03 PM   #145
canes_venatici
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCascade View Post
Would be great for those of us who do spring bear, but odfw would be out 1000s of $8 app fees if they went that early.
Would they?

Notices on the Website, in the regulations, on FB, and Twitter would provide many avenues to be informed
canes_venatici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #146
IdahoBeav
Ifish Nate

Sheep and goat should be a separate drawing in February or March with up front tag payment (reimburse unsuccessful applicants). Hunters who choose to apply for sheep or goat should not be allowed to apply for 100, 200, and 400 series controlled hunts, and each hunter participating in the sheep and goat drawing should only be allowed one app and have to choose either a sheep or a goat hunt to apply for.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #147
corvalliscory
Chromer

Quote:

Where we hunting with your points next year? 😂
corvalliscory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #148
canes_venatici
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBeav View Post
...Hunters who choose to apply for sheep or goat should not be allowed to apply for 100, 200, and 400 series controlled hunts...

What is the reasoning behind this idea?
canes_venatici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #149
IdahoBeav
Ifish Nate

Quote:
To create an opportunity cost, therefore lowering the number of apps. Currently everyone and their mother applies for sheep and goat and the odds are terrible.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #150
loper
King Salmon

Quote:

It’s about enhancing draw odds and spreading opportunity out; many believe there is an inherent unfairness in going on multiple hunts in one year (I don’t subscribe to that belief at all )

It’s one reason the 800 series no longer exists; there were complaints when those who didn’t draw found out some had drawn 100, 600 and 800 series tags all in the same year and taken 3 deer

Old 06-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #151
Stonefly1
Tuna!

Quote:
Sheep and goat should be a separate drawing in February or March with up front tag payment (reimburse unsuccessful applicants). Hunters who choose to apply for sheep or goat should not be allowed to apply for 100, 200, and 400 series controlled hunts, and each hunter participating in the sheep and goat drawing should only be allowed one app and have to choose either a sheep or a goat hunt to apply for.

I would support that.
Stonefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:54 PM   #152
Rank Amateur
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loper View Post
It’s about enhancing draw odds and spreading opportunity out; many believe there is an inherent unfairness in going on multiple hunts in one year (I don’t subscribe to that belief at all )

It’s one reason the 800 series no longer exists; there were complaints when those who didn’t draw found out some had drawn 100, 600 and 800 series tags all in the same year and taken 3 deer

Different hunts for different species is one thing, but 2 or 3 tags for one species is excessive, especially in light of current harvest numbers.

Team Fair Chase.
Team Fair Exit.
Team don't feed the trolls.
Rank Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:00 PM   #153
wildwood
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvalliscory View Post
Where we hunting with your points next year?
Cory you and I can hunt together anytime. You are always welcome at my camp fire.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #154
GDuck
Tuna!

Quote:

There's several iFish folks that have moved recently and others clearly leaving. I do want to hear where you all end up, etc. We are looking hard at doing the same down the road in a few years.

G
GDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #155
loper
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rank Amateur View Post
Different hunts for different species is one thing, but 2 or 3 tags for one species is excessive, especially in light of current harvest numbers.

I happen to know someone who legally took a blacktail buck, mulie buck and whitetail buck all in Oregon last year

And I was quite happy for him for his success

Some people actually plan years ahead, saving vacation for years to go on sabbatical and take months off to go hunting

Others work December to August round the clock to be off September through November and hunt whatever tags they draw in the West 🤠

Work to live, not live to work

Different beliefs for different people all enjoying our hunting heritage; a very American stance

Old 06-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #156
RJBender
Fry

I think the real question regarding ODFW's obligations is how they are getting away with saying that the 2018 hunt statistics will be available "after April 15" and yet they still haven't been published. We get fined $25 per tag if we don't report on time but they simply get to remove their deadline. Apparently honoring your commitments is too hard but they should at least communicate with us, the customer, and give us a new, reasonable expectation.

I'm fully prepared to not see tag draw results; until after 6/20. And no explanation until sometime after the deadline. And then only on Facebook.

Last edited by RJBender; 06-19-2019 at 01:46 PM.
RJBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #157
Sirfishalots
Chromer

Crap... looks like application money squandered yet another year...
Sirfishalots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #158
wildwood
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDuck View Post
There's several iFish folks that have moved recently and others clearly leaving. I do want to hear where you all end up, etc. We are looking hard at doing the same down the road in a few years.

G
I'm personally moving to Idaho
Old 06-19-2019, 01:50 PM   #159
Stonefly1
Tuna!

Quote:
I'm personally moving to Idaho
+1 within the next 5 years.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:32 PM   #160
Snertsky
Cutthroat

Quote:
To create an opportunity cost, therefore lowering the number of apps. Currently everyone and their mother applies for sheep and goat and the odds are terrible.
Should the tag price go up?

Seems like "everyone and their mother" applying could bring in some revenue.
Snertsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #161
Ni!
Ifish Nate

Quote:

It wouldn't really need to with his idea. I like the idea of adding non-monetary costs to the equation to filter out those less dedicated.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:52 PM   #162
IdahoBeav
Ifish Nate

Quote:

If it increases total revenue, the answer is always yes, but in this case, I would guess that an increase in the app fee would probably be more effective.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #163
WapitiBob
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Fortunately those ideas will never see the light of day.
WapitiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #164
IdahoBeav
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WapitiBob View Post
Fortunately those ideas will never see the light of day.
In Oregon they won't. However, those "ideas" are the current system that is working very well over here.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #165
Megaphone
Steelhead

Argh this page wont load for me after page 15! Is it being overloaded?
Megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #166
Oregon Moss
Coho

When they say the 20th I guess they mean it, Hopefully we don't get the email that the results will be delayed like the Spring draw.
Oregon Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #167
piscean
Chromer

Quote:
In Oregon they won't. However, those "ideas" are the current system that is working very well over here.
Its very unfortunate that a state which really needs reform in wildlife management is not willing to follow a successful state...especially being a bordering state. Agreed the budgets and measures can differ in figures but the basic criteria can be mirrored...no???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
piscean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #168
Arne K
Ifish Nate

Results posting now. No tags for me.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #169
Stonefly1
Tuna!

Results are out!
Old 06-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #170
Sporty
Steelhead

No tags for our whole house.
Sporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:12 PM   #171
fishinpox
Ifish Nate

615 here, but it was a sure thing
Old 06-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #172
outdoorguru
Chromer

Nothin for me

outdoorguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:21 PM   #173
Yooper Time
Chromer

Metolius Muzzleloader Buck, points and donations everywhere else.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:26 PM   #174
elkmagnet
Steelhead

Baaah Hum.....
Wait
Baaah means SHEEP!

West Deschutes No. 2 (543C2)
Old 06-19-2019, 06:29 PM   #175
outdoorguru
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkmagnet View Post
Baaah Hum.....

Wait

Baaah means SHEEP!

West Deschutes No. 2 (543C2)

Congratulations

outdoorguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:31 PM   #176
AnnualRye
Tuna!

Congrats!
Old 06-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #177
kmcgowan84
Cutthroat

A big goose egg
kmcgowan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #178
BlindSquirrel
Chromer

We had the points for 85% chance of drawing but the seed and application numbers told us we were in trouble. We didn’t get lucky.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:35 PM   #179
Twitch
King Salmon

Website crashed, I cant check *♂️
Old 06-19-2019, 06:36 PM   #180
CamoHunter
Tuna!

0 for 6 for me including premium hunts.

Did pull a 2nd choice elk tag so at least I can camp in the wall tent this fall.
Oldest son and I went in as a party he will go too so it will be fun.
Seed numbers played out just as I assumed that they would...
Camo
CamoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote