Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #62
GreatNWRiversGS
Steelhead

Default Re: Columbia steelhead 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper14 View Post
I was wondering do you ever run a double rig while on anchor, like a prawn or flat fish on the bottom and a spinner or spin glo on top? Als I was wondering what is the single most important thing you would focus on to put more steele in the boat.
I have never done that, seems counter productive to me IMO, most guys I see do it spend more time untangling things then fishing. And the most important is 2 fold - 1 sitting in the right spot and 2 knowing how to fish it. I have found some great spots by lookin for new ones, give me a day and I will find 4-6 new spots that will fish for sure just by looking at them with the finder. That being said you never have as much confidence in a "new one" as you do the proven ones you hook 20+ a day out of.
GreatNWRiversGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #63
STRIKE ZONE
Chromer

So when your anchored in 15-30' of water....what size lead do you use most the time. Obviously the current will dictate this most the time......1oz, 1.5oz,2oz,3oz, 4oz??????.Thanks. Good luck,

SZ
STRIKE ZONE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #64
cowlitzriverfisher
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper14 View Post
I was wondering do you ever run a double rig while on anchor, like a prawn or flat fish on the bottom and a spinner or spin glo on top? Als I was wondering what is the single most important thing you would focus on to put more steele in the boat.

I am not Paul so I hope I my response will be permitted.
My buddies and I do well off the boat and bank with a double spin-glo rig. If you are careful with casting you do not tangle and you have an additional lure to hook up on. One spot where we fish the inside double rig has the top spin glo only under the water about a foot and we do get an occasional fish up top. The strikes we get off the top glo tend to be vicious as they surface with it.

We will also run a 3.5 mag lip off a slider on the main line to act as a "diver" on a 18"-24" leader. We run multiple beads above and below on the main line. After the beads we run a bead chain swivel to a 3 foot leader to a single hook spin glo with prawn tail.

Just figured I would step in and get you some info on how to run a set up if you wanted too.
cowlitzriverfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #65
TJ Hester
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzriverfisher View Post
I am not Paul so I hope I my response will be permitted.
My buddies and I do well off the boat and bank with a double spin-glo rig. If you are careful with casting you do not tangle and you have an additional lure to hook up on. One spot where we fish the inside double rig has the top spin glo only under the water about a foot and we do get an occasional fish up top. The strikes we get off the top glo tend to be vicious as they surface with it.

We will also run a 3.5 mag lip off a slider on the main line to act as a "diver" on a 18"-24" leader. We run multiple beads above and below on the main line. After the beads we run a bead chain swivel to a 3 foot leader to a single hook spin glo with prawn tail.

Just figured I would step in and get you some info on how to run a set up if you wanted too.

Love it!!!!!
TJ Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #66
Greenh0rn50
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatNWRiversGS View Post
I will say that I see boats your size all the time on the water, it certainly can handle it. But if you are wanting to bank it, go look at the dropper pic I have. That is the exact plunking set up to use from shore. 2 ft dropper, 4 ft leader to a spin glo/prawn.
In time I may grow comfortable, past expieriences have taught me to be more careful on the water. For now, its lakes and trolling the shores of the willamette for bass. Its other dumb boaters that worry me.
Greenh0rn50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #67
GreatNWRiversGS
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIKE ZONE View Post
So when your anchored in 15-30' of water....what size lead do you use most the time. Obviously the current will dictate this most the time......1oz, 1.5oz,2oz,3oz, 4oz??????.Thanks. Good luck,

SZ
2-6 typically
GreatNWRiversGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:43 AM   #68
Swifty27
Ifish Nate

Steelhead numbers are coming up!
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." - Robert Wilensky, speech at a 1996 conference
Swifty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #69
KalamaGeo
King Salmon

I'm heading out today. Will report back………………….
Old 07-02-2014, 07:11 AM   #70
Sgt.Slaughter
Sturgeon

Good post