The giving thread-- - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 11-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default The giving thread--

Edit:
This was originally a Christmas Charity thread and is now a broad giving thread, for people who want to raise money for charity.

--I get several requests to post charities, here at ifish and there is just no way I can look them all up.

Someone once gave me a website, where we could look them up to make sure they were on the up and up.

I would like the community to help, here, by checking out any post that might look suspicious, here. We can all watch out for each other.

But-- the purpose of this thread is goodness and sharing and helping those that need it!

So, if you have a church charity, or a Christmas toy drive, or anything that you would like to announce that helps others during the Season of Giving, please post it here!

I'll start with the ifish Christmas Toy Drive! After that, please post YOUR favorite charity. Between us all, I'm sure we can make a difference, this Holiday Season!

Thank you!
Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
letsfish
Ifish Nate

Default Re: Christmas Charity Thread--

I saw this on the news and thought why not?? After all it is not about getting something but giving and I really see a world that needs essentials more than I, or those I give to, need "a nice gift".
Give a gift, in the name of someone else, to an area of the world really hurting. These are financial donations to buy specific gifts(ie medicine, misquito netting, dental care etc). Medical Teams International has a gift catogue, that you can view online or you can get one from there offices in Tigard. There website is http://www.medicalteams.org/site/Pag...agename=estore .
letsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
anglingaddict
Sturgeon

Talking Re: Christmas Charity Thread--

I know many from the ifish family support our troops and are always looking for ways to help. Here is something I thought I would share at this time of the year. I know when I was there for desert shield/storm many fellow Marines had a hard time dealing with being away from family and loved ones during the holidays. :Christmas:

http://www.marinecorpsfamilyfoundation.org/santa.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
threetruck
Steelhead

Default Re: Christmas Charity Thread--

Hillsboro Firefighters Random Acts, Inc. is a tax exempt, charitable organization, modeled after a national program that was originated in Oakland, California by firefighters from that city. The model that Oakland developed has been adopted by many other organizations across North America and has touched the lives of thousands of people in need of assistance.

This charity program has been created by dedicated firefighters and employees from the City of Hillsboro who truly believe that we can make a difference in our community in ways besides our emergency responses and daily interaction with the public. As firefighters, we respond into the homes of citizens where we can observe up close, the personal situations where people truly need a hand to live and succeed. We seek to plant positive seeds in our neighborhoods to the benefit of the whole community. Our aim is simple - to help our fellow firefighters and city employees give something extra back to the communities they live in and care for.
A simple procedure has been established to address identified needs, and our board has granted requests for such items as diverse as fire escape ladders in a transitional home for women, lap blankets for residents in an adult care facility, and the funeral expenses for a victim of SIDS.

We respond to needs all year round, but during the holiday season, our opportunities and thus our needs, increase. We also manage the Toy & Joy program and spent $15,500 buying toys at the Hillsboro Target yesterday.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you.

Ted Whiteman
Director, Hillsboro Firefighters Random Acts
www.hfra.us
Psalm 107:23-24.

threetruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
St Helens Fisher
Coho

Default Re: The giving thread--

Wow! So awesome to see people caring about each other like this. I am new to this site, so it is a pleasant surprise to see this. Thanks to the person who started this thread.

You know, the Street Roots newspapers (you can get them on almost any corner in Portland) have a section on organizations that help people in the middle of the paper. And the paper itself is a good place to consider making donations, as the stories are written by people who are homeless, and it is sold by people who are homeless. It's a pretty awesome, empowering project.

Anyway, thanks again.
St Helens Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
Smoked Salmon
King Salmon

The ifish family has recently had several disaster/near tragedy experiences, and have scrambled to pull together resources for helping the affected people. John's house (actually two Johns and two houses) and Packy's boat come to mind immediately. I was thinking to myself that there just had to be a more organized way of dealing with this, even at the chaotic level which I normally practice things, and suddenly I heard a voice!

So, I turned up the radio and this fellow on NPR was yammering on about a really awesome website community development (more big words followed) thing, and it sounded perfect. So I promptly forgot the name of the website and emailed OPB about it. Yesterday they passed on a link to me, and I double checked it and showed it too the moderators. It passed muster!

The website is www.lotsahelpinghands.com and it is free for use. One person sets up a community, and then fills in the specifics. They can then announce it in a LiG thread, along with instructions on how to sign up and participate, and eventually assist in helping people.

As much as ifish likes being helpful to those in need, the disasters sometimes comes dangerously close to overshadowing the fishing/hunting aspects of this place. This other community place should be the focal point for the mechanics in each disaster, and the LiG thread can continue as the vital "information spreader".

I've sent this info to Mr Kitchen Pass, as he seems central to the Barth family effort, and we hopefully can get a feel for it's operation. If you have any questions, please use the button next to this post and write your question. That shows your question to the entire ifish staff, ensuring a prompt answer.

Thanks,
Bill

Smoked Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #7
couchangler
King Salmon

Default Re: The giving thread--BIRDERS, and Fans or wildlife

Hi I'm hoping that I can get some help supporting a great group.
The Audubon Society of Portland is a major force in protecting wildlife and their habitat in this region.They have a long history of conservation here and have been instrumental in preserving many precious wild areas in the Pacific N.W. Right now they are preparing the defense of West Hayden Islands- 826 acres of cottonwood-ash bottom land forest, and wetlands from a proposed marine industrial development. That would turn much of this great habitat into parking lots. This area is home to over 100 species of wildlife. It's a valuable oasis in such a peopled area. I know many of you have viewed this area from your boats, So you're familiar with the wild area adjoining Jantzen Beach.
Another service the Society provides is medical care and rehab for over 3,000 animals that are brought every year to their care center. Probably thousands of worried children and their parents have brought an injured robin or chipmunk in a shoe box to be treated. I would encourage everyone to visit the headquarters at 5151 NW. Cornell Rd. in Portland. Or visit their web sight (below ). Now we come to the point of this posting. Obviously it takes money to do all this good work, and 'Birdathon" is the major fund raiser for the society and is vital in the effort to protect our native wildlife and their habitat.
I, my wife and our son, Have formed a birdathon team. We are the Emperor Penguins team. We will pick One of the next weekends this month, to go out and identify birds. If you would like to help the Audubon and our environment you can make a pledge donation. Your donation could be per species, so if you made, say a .50c pledge per bird and we I.D 20 species your pledge would be 10$. Or you can make a fixed donation such as $30 regardless of the number of species we spot. Of course if you would like to give, $300 that would be alright .
You can find out all about this at www.audubonportland.org click on Birdathon click pledge then search for the team emperor penguins, if you'd like to help out.
Thanks, Mike (and the other penguins)
You can send me a P.M. if you want more info. I'm thinking next year an i-fish team would be fun, if there's interest.
couchangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
Don Fischer
King Salmon

We have a guy on another site I visit that is out of Silver Lake. Some of you may know him. His folks own the Cafe there and his wife is the waitress. Rather than try to explain it myself, I cleared it with jeannie to copy it here. He may be over also. He didn't know of ifish till last night.

His post:

My wife and I are hosting a coyote derby In honor of Jess Torgersen, January 16 and 17 2010. The open area is all of S.E. Oregon. Two man teams can hunt anywhere in Klamath, Lake, Harney and Malhuer counties. The final head count and prize ceremony will be conducted at 4:00 PM PST in Silver Lake, Oregon. Most dead coyotes (just bring in sets of ears) wins. Prizes will be 1 Varmit rifle per team member of 1st place team (TBD caliber and make and model), 1 spoting scope or rifle scope or pair of bino's per member of 2nd and 3rd place teams. Entry fee is $50.00 per man, or $100.00 per team. All state laws and regulations must be followed by all participants and permission of landowners must be obtained prior to hunting on private lands. Any participant that conducts themselves unlawfully or unethically will render their team disqualified. This derby is in honor of Jess Torgersen, he passed away this summer of brain cancer. He was an avid coyote hunter and buckaroo'd on most of the big outfits in S.E. Oregon. All proceeds will be donated to charity. Most likely having to do with children with cancer as Jess found strenght in fighting his disease by helping children overcome their fears of the treatment. Check back with this post as more info will be available in the comming months. Please call with questions or comments.
Thank you.
Jamie Roscoe (541)410- 7548, [email protected]
Angel Roscoe (541) 306-9898
Don Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #9
Raymond Adams
Steelhead

Default Win a cutom fishing rod & Support a great cause

Hi,
I belong to a custom rod builders club and we build rods and provide them free to returning Veterans. Anouther group provide free guided fishing trips to go with the rod. Several companies help support this effort but they cant do it all of course. So, to raise funds we are having a raffle of 4 nice custom rods that were built by our members.

Google "The Texas Rod Builders" to see what we are all about, read about out our Rods for Soldiers program and check out the 4 rods on the "RFS" page. I'am also available to answer any questions.

Raffle tickets can be bought on the RFS page via PayPal if your so inclind
and they are only $5.

Thanks Jen and Thank You Everyone,
Raymond Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:01 AM   #10
TaylorWSM
Fry

Hey all!! On Saturday, February 6th, 2010, TOPS Salem chapter 0833 is hosting a silent auction fund raiser. I am reaching out to my fellow ifish friends, especially those of you who may own your own guide service or business and I am respectfully asking for a donation which my be auctioned off at the event. I greatly appreciate your time and ask you to PM me for more information on TOPS. Thanks.

Donny
TaylorWSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #11
longbow
Tuna!

Post Ifish Member Interest?....Help?

A little background: My wife works for the State of Oregon. Her department is working with the Oregon National Guard to get donations of toys and then distribute those toys this Christmas Season for families in need. The goal is 5,000 toys for families in the Salem area.

We were thinking of the sacrifice that the members of the Guard makes to the people of this State and Country and how it would be great to give something to them. Many of the men and women who serve are people who enjoy hunting and fishing. We are considering getting past and current issues of Hunting and Fishing publications and send them to the troops who are currently serving abroad.

My question is: would Ifish members be willing to send different publications to a central location to be sent overseas if we can get something set up? Right now this just an idea but my wife is going to be meeting with a Guard Representative soon and will run this idea by them.

This may have been something that has been done before and I am not aware of it. I would appreciate your input to guage the interest to possibly put something together.

THANKS!
longbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
XXX archer
Tuna!

Default Re: Ifish Member Interest?....Help?

If you get it put together I could scrounge some up no problem. Thanks for thinking of our troops!!!!
XXX archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:30 AM   #13
Raymond Adams
Steelhead

Default Re: Win a cutom fishing rod & Support a great cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Adams View Post
Hi,
I belong to a custom rod builders club and we build rods and provide them free to returning Veterans. Anouther group provide free guided fishing trips to go with the rod. Several companies help support this effort but they cant do it all of course. So, to raise funds we are having a raffle of 4 nice custom rods that were built by our members.

Google "The Texas Rod Builders" to see what we are all about, read about out our Rods for Soldiers program and check out the 4 rods on the "RFS" page. I'am also available to answer any questions.

Raffle tickets can be bought on the RFS page via PayPal if your so inclind
and they are only $5.

Thanks Jen and Thank You Everyone,
I would like to say THANK YOU once again and announce the winners of the raffle rods.

Ray Smith of Pasadena Texas.won the Yellow Rose of Texas!!

Allen Pierce of Houston won Jim and Jerrys Micro Spiral!

Doug Williams of Pasadena won Doug Smiths Snake Rod!

And Chuck Holmes won Alex Almarezs Snake Rod!!

Raymond Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
riverhound
Tuna!

Hello Fellow Ifishers,

My Daughter's fast pitch softball team plays in the Vancouver Girl's Softball Association. We are the host team for their 12th annual auction fundraiser. Half of the proceeds go to maintain and upgrade the complex which is already really nice. The complex is located on the banks of Salmon Creek in north Vancouver, Washington. The other half goes to pay for travel expenses for her team, Something Special. My job as a parent is to procure tax deductible auction items for the fund raiser. This is a great organization and these are awesome kids that play at a high level. We will be traveling to Nebraska, California, and throughout the Pacific Northwest. Any donation big or small is greatly appreciated. It can be an item, fishing trip or any other service item. If you are willing to take part in this great cause for kids, PM me, and we can arrange to meet. Thank you for you consideration.

Rick Brincefield
AKA Riverhound
riverhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
TheRogue
King Salmon

Default Recycle your Christmas Tree!!

My daughter's softball team, Oregon Panthers 12A, is conducting Christmas Tree recycling this year. We have three locations for drop-off:

Roths IGA West Salem
Roths IGA Keizer
ClearLake Elementary School (Keizer)

Also, we can come to you!! Give us a call or e-mail and we'll pick up your tree....pretty much anywhere from McMinnville to Turner!

Please see the following link for more information:

Christmas Tree Recycle

Thanks, and happy holidays!!

TR

A feral horse is a free-roaming horse of domesticated ancestry. As such, a feral horse is not a wild animal in the sense of an animal without domesticated ancestors.
TheRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
Big Unit
King Salmon

Default Re: Recycle your Christmas Tree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
My daughter's softball team, Oregon Panthers 12A, is conducting Christmas Tree recycling this year. We have three locations for drop-off:

Roths IGA West Salem
Roths IGA Keizer
ClearLake Elementary School (Keizer)

Also, we can come to you!! Give us a call or e-mail and we'll pick up your tree....pretty much anywhere from McMinnville to Turner!

Please see the following link for more information:

Christmas Tree Recycle

Thanks, and happy holidays!!

TR
Is the 4th in Mac too late, Kyle? And as an added bonus, I'd show you my winnings with the Civil War bet.

BU
Old 01-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #17
Phil Layer
Ifish Nate

For those of you who are interested in helping out with the disaster in Haiti, I have found a legitimate organization that is accepting donations through PayPal.

My doctor is a member of this organization. They have been doing good things to help in Haiti long before the earthquake. Now, they are preparing to send medical help there (my doctor is leaving this weekend.) Their efforts will require many more donations.

For those who want to help, you can make a donation by visiting www.hcmsupport.org and clicking on the "Support" tab at the top of the page.

Thanks to all those who care and are able to help. God bless you!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #18
Incredible_Bulk
Tuna!

Default Roller Coaster Physics

Jennie suggested I post this hear as its in the spirit of the thread.

I'm responsible for the Roller Coaster Physics program at the middle school that I teach at. We're the only program like this in all of the Salem-Keizer School District, so its a pretty awesome opportunity for our kids.

I also teach at the middle school in Salem with the highest number of students from low socio-economic levels, so while many of them have the brains for advanced math and physics at the 8th grade level, many cannot afford the opportunities to help nurture that.

Case in point. The Roller Coaster Physics program gives 8th grade students that are high achievers in Math and Physics an opportunity to practice high school level math and science with the ultimate goal of doing real world calculations and measurements on roller coasters. The culmination of the program finds our group at Great America for a day, measuring and calculating various aspects of the roller coasters. It's an amazing program for these kids, many of which have never been outside of Salem. We spend the second day touring San Francisco before we return home.

I bring this up in this thread because we are in need of corporate or other donations this year. In previous years, it hasn't been a problem, but with the price of airfare increasing, and the number of parents jobs decreasing... many of our students are having a hard time making ends meet with the program costs. This program has demonstrated to be a precursor for many to take advanced math and science in high school and go on into those fields in college as well. One of our previous students will be attending the OSU School of Engineering 2010-2011, and he got there on scholarships!! This is an amazing program, and a wonderful opportunity for these kids.

I figured iFish would be a place that I could reach a large number of people in one fell swoop. If you are able to help out, we could definitely use it. Even sponsoring part of a kids trip, or businesses, if you were able to provide a corporate donation, we can advertise your business on the back of our T-shirts for this year as a way of giving back for your generosity. If you're able to help, please contact me.

Thanks for your consideration.
Ben
Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #19
steelheader1
Steelhead

A good friend of mine who runs this camp for kids every year asked me to post this! GREAT Prizes for a great cause!
See attached Flyer below!

5.00 per raffle ticket!
  • Grand Prize: 6 days 5 nights guided fishing trip on the Nushagak River in Alaska Value $2900
  • Prize #2 Hand forged knife w/carrying case
    (Donated by Williams Forgeworks) - Value $350
  • Prize #3 Lamiglas Certified Pro X96JC Salmon/Steelhead Fishing Rod Value $290
See attachment below!

THANKS SO MUCH!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiley.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	23962  
steelheader1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #20
danner30
Steelhead

Default baseball donations

hello everyone , just trying to find donations to help out a local baseball league ... they lost the rights to the fields, we are trying to build 3 fields for the kids .. we could use cash,fencing materials and landscaping stuff called pumis ... in return you get a tax write off, we have a tax i.d. number for you to use if you or anyone can donate ...thanks for all your help and info on this matter

Last edited by danner30; 02-15-2010 at 08:15 PM.
danner30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #21
YoungBuck28
Chromer

Default Re: baseball donations

ttt Cmon is there a better cause then this to donate to? kids takin part in america's pastime? danner i'm a broke college kid so can't feasibly donate to the cause, where are the fields being built tho? what program? If its near corvallis i might be able to come out to help w/ the sweat work
YoungBuck28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #22
danner30
Steelhead

Default Re: baseball donations

hey thanks youngbuck, the fields are in gresham , its for the mt.hood jr baseball league if you know of anyone who can help it would be great ....thanks danner
danner30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #23
KEITH
Chromer

Default Hospital bed

This is a electric hospital bed everything works it just needs a mattress I just want it to go to someone that needs it.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #24
Skipper
Tuna!

CAMP ATTITUDE:

To promote active participation and financial support for programs and activities that help individuals and communities develop positive attitudes, and improve their quality of life. Helping people reach their dreams and overcoming unusual obstacles and challenges are central to our mission.

Our Purpose:
Camp Attitude is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing a unique camping experience for families in the disability community by:
Advocating a biblical response toward disabilities, both visible and invisible.
Providing opportunities for disability awareness.
Educating the church community, especially youth, in practical ways of serving disabled persons.

Our Mission:
To communicate the importance of honoring people with disabilities and equip individuals, families, and organizations with the proper skill set to care for, evangelize, and disciple people affected by disabilities.

Located:
Foster Oregon, Hwy 20, about 4 miles east of Foster Lake.

HOW CAN I BE INVOLVED?
Donations
Volunteer during Camp
Sponsor a Camper
Raise Funds for a Project
Contribute Abilities and Skills
Spread the Word

MAKE A DREAM COME TRUE!
At Camp Attitude we strive to provide new and unique opportunities to campers with disabilities. Our activities are adapted and accommodations are made to meet their needs and make it possible for them to do things they have never done before!
SEND A CAMPER TO CAMP!
Help give families and individuals the opportunity to enjoy a camping experience without common challenges found at most campgrounds.

HOW TO SPONSOR A CAMPER
$100 sends an individual and their caregiver to Family Camp!
$500 sends the whole family along!

Office Hours
9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
541-367-3420
More info at the website

Family Camp 1, July 18-23 FULL

Family Camp 2, July 25-30

Family Camp 3 August 1-6 FULL

Family Camp 4 August 8-13
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #25
Dances with Fish
Steelhead

Default BBQ for the Joy Kendall Family in Damascus

Attention all I Fishers there will be a BBQ at Pub 212 in Damascus this Sunday May 16th starting at 1 PM, the BBQ will be $10.00 a plate. BBQ proceds will go to help the Joy Kendall family.

Joy is a 10 year old girl that was struck by an SUV while checking the mail last week after getting off the school bus, she is in a drug induced coma with brain trauma and broken collar bone. She was taken by Life Flight to OHSU where she is in critical condition. My daughter along with her other classmates have been keeping updates from face book and things are improving for Joy, lets hope she continues on a good path to recovery.

Please Ifishers lets help Gary and Becky the owners of Pub 212 and their great crew raise some money for the Kendall Family so stop by and have some grub or just swing by and put some $'s in the donation jar.

I know all the Ifishers can do good, so thanks in advance.

Pub 212, 20400 SE Hwy 212. 503-658-3070

Please add her to your prayer chains. She needs as many prayers as we can send her.
Dances with Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #26
cosmic cowboy

Default Re: BBQ for the Joy Kendall Family in Damascus

if helping is not enough it should be said that Gary throws a mean BBQ. If it is outside like they do the yearly shindigs it will be a good time. We are not too big (yet) to do the "small town" support for our neighbors. nice post dances, maybe we will see you there.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #27
Dances with Fish
Steelhead

Gary does throw a mean BBQ and it will be outside taking up 1/2 of the parking lot. It should be great. My whole family will be there the whole time helping out. Even the youngest will be picking up garbage. Please come every one come out and show your support....
Old 05-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #28
Dances with Fish
Steelhead

The BBQ was amazing the numbers are not in yet but my guess is 10K plus, thanks to Becky and Gary Powel and crew and my wife and girls.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #29

I am in need of donated Alaska Air miles to send an ifisher, fresh back from Iraq, up to Alaska. We will be fishing over the 4th of July at a well known king camp. Thank you.

Mitch
12244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #30

Travel has been arranged, thank you for looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinsDriftboat View Post
I am in need of donated Alaska Air miles to send an ifisher, fresh back from Iraq, up to Alaska. We will be fishing over the 4th of July at a well known king camp. Thank you.

Mitch
12244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #31
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Dear Friends,

You may or may not know fishing guide John Garrett of Garrett's Guide Service. Operating in the Columbia River Gorge out of White Salmon, WA. John's quietly professional demeanor does not stand out on the river. He simply works hard for his customers, and his family. John's 10-year old daughter, Grace Noel Garrett, was recently diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa. Due to extreme weight loss and dangerously low heart rate, doctors recommended immediate admittance to Remuda Ranch, a treatment center in Arizona.
The long and short of it is that the cost of treatment to the Garrett family is $30,000. Normally, payment is due up front, but due to the condition of Grace, that was waived. The financial burden is too much for the family to bear alone. Please join us JUNE 17, 2010 for the Days Of Grace golf fundraiser at The Cedars on Salmon Creek Golf Club, Brush Prairie, WA.Registration begins at noon, with a shotgun start at 1pm.
Download Registration Form PDF
Your $100 per person entry, which includes greens fees, cart, range balls and barbecue will deliver much-needed funds to pay for Graces treatment. An auction will accompany the barbecue and were also looking for hole sponsors. You need not have a foursome. Singles and pairs will be accommodated.
Together, we can have a great afternoon and make a tremendous difference in the future of the Garrett family.
Thank you,
Dan Ponciano
For more information visit our website www.daysofgrace2010.com or email us at [email protected]

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Old 06-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #32
Biteme
Ifish Nate

Default important cause 10 year old needs help

another guide friend of mine asked to see if I could help with this important cause. If your a golfer that cares about kids in need this might be something you can help with. Please help if you can. thanks

http://www.daysofgrace2010.com/
Old 06-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #33
Salmon Chaser
Tuna!

Default Re: important cause 10 year old needs help

Is there a way to donate to this great cause other then golfing? If so please post the info because I am sure we can help out here on ifish!
Old 06-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #34
chinookin
Chromer

Hi everybody,
My wife and I are trying to raise money for her best friend, who really needs all of our help.
She was engaged to be married in September of this year. While using birthcontrol, she still became pregnant. She was told by this wonderful husband to be, "you either get rid of the baby or he would leave her and she could raise the baby on her own". She told my wife that it wasn't even a decision, and Talia Sky is to be born this coming september, almost to the day she was to be married. The father moved out of the area and wont even be put on the birth certificate.
We know this happens all to often and everytime it is so heart breaking. We cant do this for every child that comes into this world raised by a single parent, but we are at least trying to help Christina and soon coming in September, Talia Sky.

She has been working a graveyard shift 6 nights a week at minimum wage. She even managed to pay the rent, get a crib, carseat, and put $2,300.00 in the bank. She was left with an old car that just happened to break down 3 times in 6 weeks, leaving her with just $63.00 left in her bank account. My wife and I are asking for your help. We want to raise enough money to get her a GOOD used car that will be reliable, so she can get to work, save her money, and be able to take Talia Sky in a reliable, safe car. We are praying we can raise enough money to go to our local dealerships and hopefully get her a car that has low miles, is reliable, and safe for the new born Talia.

We have not told Christine of what we are doing yet. We also know that times are tough for everyone right now, and are going to hope and pray that people open up there hearts even if you can only give five dollars, it's a start. We would like to get enough in the account to get the car before we tell her.

Christine is a hard worker and responsible, God loving person. She is not mad or sad, just scared, mainly because she knows the car she is driving is not reliable, or safe. Ironically the $2,300 she had saved up before her fiance split, (doubleing her expenses) was to go to a newer car. With all the scary things in life, please help if you can to make baby talia's life a lot safer and Christine's a lot less stressfull. You can donate any amount using pay pal, or if you would like to send a check, please pm or email me and I will give you the address, pay pal email, and a phone number.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL,

Thanks,
Mike and Lori

Last edited by chinookin; 06-05-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling, and re wording
chinookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #35
GameChaserFid
Ifish Nate

PM Sent.
GameChaserFid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #36
chinookin
Chromer

Thank you so much gamechaser,

every little bit helps, Mike
chinookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #37
Fishplay
Ifish Nate

John Garret is a class act. I would like to make a cash donation, as I don't chase small balls. Anyone have his address? A trust account is a great idea.

My prayers go out to little Grace.

Member #472

2484 Sea Raider
Fishplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #38
the_admeral
Chromer

She is adorable. I to would like to donate.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:50 AM   #39
Biteme
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_admeral View Post
She is adorable. I to would like to donate.
try this [email protected]

Last edited by Biteme; 06-09-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Biteme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #40
Johnny Bowles
Sturgeon

Have Dan call me, I will donate a trip when I am in Astoria.

Aug 20th - Sept. 1

Johnny Bowles
Johnny Bowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #41
Odd-A-Sea
Steelhead

Just talked to Dan. Checks can be sent to:

Covenant Hood River
3614 NW 129th Circle
Vancouver, Wa 98685

Indicate that it is a donation not a golf fee
Odd-A-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #42
Diehard
Chromer

I sponsor a men's golf league at Cedars that plays every Wednesday. I will email the registration form to everyone in our league and post it at our sign in table tonight as well. I would sign up, but my son's high school graduation ceremony is on the 17th. I will look into sponsoring a hole in lieu of playing.
God bless little Grace.

"I am haunted by waters."
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #43
shadowstalker
Chromer

Default Child Abuse Charity Fundraiser

Hello fellow I-Fishers,
My name is Jim Delmore and I'm on the Board of Directors for Angels in the Outfield, a nonprofit charity whose mission is to help brighten the lives of Children impacted by Child Abuse.
This next Saturday June 26th from 6PM to 10PM, we are having a Poker Tournament and Bunko fundraiser (it's a great time to spend with your spouse before we start disappearing in the fall for hunting seasons). If you are interested in participating shoot me a PM with an email address and I can send you an PDF with all the info: or answer any questions. It's going to be a good time and it's for a great cause. I work with some truly amazing people. We will also be doing a Golf Tournament in early September, but I'm still working out the details.
Thanks for Looking

Ive attached a couple of links if you'd like to look at our main website, and a link to an article in the Oregonian on how/why we got started, but the Oregonian article is not an easy read.

http://www.theangelsintheoutfield.org/index.htm

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2010/01/ashleys_courage_inspires_prose.html
Old 06-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #44
Santiamfan
Chromer

Default Guided Fishing Trips- Fundraiser for March of Dimes

I am in the process of raising money for the March of Dimes and have found a few fishing guides that are willing to donate the proceeds from the trip to the March of Dimes. This is basically the price that you would pay a guide to take you fishing but the funds go to the March of Dimes instead.

The March of Dimes is an organization the does research to prevent premature child birth and is a great cause.

We are trying to get these trips paid for prior to the March of Dimes Be a Hero for Babies day which is July 21st. All proceeds go to the March of Dimes.

At the moment here are the donated trips that are available:

Oct. 16th 2010 - We have 2 guides that will take 4 clients each at $200 per person. Grant Scheele will be guiding one boat and another guide that works with Grant will operate the other boat. The location of this trip will depend on water conditions.

Olympic Pennisula Trip for 3- This trip can taken for coho fishing on the Queets this August/September or it can be used for winter steelhead. The trip will be on native american stretches of the river. You have to have a tribal guide to fish these waters and the fishing can be unbelieveable! I take 5 trips per year with Robert Thomas, the fishing guide, and have had some amazing days of 30+ fish landed for both coho and steelhead fishing. Price is $150 per peson. The coho trips are from a sled and the steelhead trips are generally from the bank on the little salmon river which is packed full of nice size steelhead!

I will gladly provide more details about all 3 of these trips. Please PM me if you are interested and we can talk more about it.

It is for a great cause and it the same price as a normal guided trip so please join me in supporting the March of Dime!

Thanks,
Mike Stephenson
Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #45
Bait O Eggs
King Salmon

Default Help get the Warrant for my arrest removed

Getting in trouble with the law seems to be a common theme around here lately and I have found myself with a warrant for my arrest.

I have to report to jail on August 11 like Lindsey Lohan had to today, and I hope to have my bail raised by then so I dont have to wait for my release.

Take a minute, open your heart and checkbook and and help a kid you havent met and may never meet (not me). Make a donation to the March of Dimes and get me out of incarceration early. Below is the link to donate to my bail. I dont want to have to start calling my friends and begging for bail from jail.

credit cards, cash, checks and paypal accepted, lines are open now

http://jailandbail.marchofdimes.com/...B-5EB4C77DB77B
Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #46
12pulls
King Salmon

Default Re: Help get the Warrant for my arrest removed

I have to bail my wife out here for the same reason. I suggested that I might just let her serve her time
12pulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #47
wthr4d
Sturgeon

Default Re: Ifish Member Interest?....Help?

I am participating in a Scuba divers event hosted by Dive For a Cure on Sept 25th 2010 at Woahink lake. This is a benefit to help fund CANCER RESEARCH at OHSU cancer foundation. Check out their website http://www.diveforacure.org

Please send me a PM for my address if you want to contribute. all checks made payable to OHSU foundation, so 100% of the monies goes to the research and none of your donation is used to fund the event!

Paul Weatherford

TEAM OPB and looking for chances at salmon, Halibut and Tuna!!
wthr4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #48
Finaddict91
Ifish Nate

Smile For a good Cause

Greetings,

My girl friend is the Marketing and develop director for ARC of Washington county http://www.arcwash.org/wordpress/ and they will be having an auction in October. Anyways they had a guide set up to donate some trips but he dropped out. So she asked me to see if I could find anyone whiling to donate a trip. So down to the meat of the issue if any guide would be whiling to donate a trip perhaps a week day winter steelhead trip or anything that would be amazing. Not only would you be helping out a great cause but you would score me some points at home. If interested shoot me a msg with your contact info and I will have her get a hold of you.
Finaddict91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #49
Beaver On
Steelhead

Forest Grove Senior/Community Center dinner and Silent Auction.
I am involved with the center and we will be having our annual dinner and
fundraising silent auction on Saturday Oct 30th. Silent auction begins at
5:30 pm. Some items included in this years auction include fishing poles,
guided fishing trip, cases of wine from local vineyards, certificates from local merchants, etc. For more information call 503-357-2021 or see
website [email protected].
The center is a 501C-3 non-profit so if anyone wants to donate, your donation is tax deductible.
Thank you for your support. Hope to meet some of you at the event.
Ed
Old 10-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #50
Beaver On
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver On View Post
Forest Grove Senior/Community Center dinner and Silent Auction.
I am involved with the center and we will be having our annual dinner and
fundraising silent auction on Saturday Oct 30th. Silent auction begins at
5:30 pm. Some items included in this years auction include fishing poles,
guided fishing trip, cases of wine from local vineyards, certificates from local merchants, etc. For more information call 503-357-2021 or see
website [email protected].
The center is a 501C-3 non-profit so if anyone wants to donate, your donation is tax deductible.
Thank you for your support. Hope to meet some of you at the event.
Ed

ttt
Old 10-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #51
greenbuttskunk
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinookin View Post
Hi everybody,
My wife and I are trying to raise money for her best friend, who really needs all of our help.
She was engaged to be married in September of this year. While using birthcontrol, she still became pregnant. She was told by this wonderful husband to be, "you either get rid of the baby or he would leave her and she could raise the baby on her own". She told my wife that it wasn't even a decision, and Talia Sky is to be born this coming september, almost to the day she was to be married. The father moved out of the area and wont even be put on the birth certificate.
We know this happens all to often and everytime it is so heart breaking. We cant do this for every child that comes into this world raised by a single parent, but we are at least trying to help Christina and soon coming in September, Talia Sky.

She has been working a graveyard shift 6 nights a week at minimum wage. She even managed to pay the rent, get a crib, carseat, and put $2,300.00 in the bank. She was left with an old car that just happened to break down 3 times in 6 weeks, leaving her with just $63.00 left in her bank account. My wife and I are asking for your help. We want to raise enough money to get her a GOOD used car that will be reliable, so she can get to work, save her money, and be able to take Talia Sky in a reliable, safe car. We are praying we can raise enough money to go to our local dealerships and hopefully get her a car that has low miles, is reliable, and safe for the new born Talia.

We have not told Christine of what we are doing yet. We also know that times are tough for everyone right now, and are going to hope and pray that people open up there hearts even if you can only give five dollars, it's a start. We would like to get enough in the account to get the car before we tell her.

Christine is a hard worker and responsible, God loving person. She is not mad or sad, just scared, mainly because she knows the car she is driving is not reliable, or safe. Ironically the $2,300 she had saved up before her fiance split, (doubleing her expenses) was to go to a newer car. With all the scary things in life, please help if you can to make baby talia's life a lot safer and Christine's a lot less stressfull. You can donate any amount using pay pal, or if you would like to send a check, please pm or email me and I will give you the address, pay pal email, and a phone number.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL,

Thanks,
Mike and Lori

PM sent to you. She sounds like a hard working honest person and mom.
I am happy to help.
greenbuttskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #52
Two Fister
Sturgeon

Default It's Movember! Prostate Cancer Awareness and Fund Raising Event!!

This has been ifish admin approved.

Hey ifishers!

Help me raise funds for Prostate Cancer research and awareness. I'm joining a few friends on a team here in Bend as part of a worldwide effort dedicated to growing a Mo (Aussie term for a rockin' 80's Magnum P.I. or similar moustache) during the month of November to raise funds and awareness of prostate cancer. It's recently touched my family and chances are good that it will be part of your family as well. Some of the sobering facts:

It's a disease that will be diagnosed in 1 of 6 men.

A man dies of prostate cancer every 16 minutes.

So step up and make a donation to our team. Better yet sign up to be a MoBro or MoSista and grow your own Mo (MoSistas of course can just take part in the fund raising side of the adventure...). The only rule is that you have to be clean shaven on October 31! My boys have picked the Trucker/Horseshoe Mo as my Movember target! My wife is very, very afraid!

Here's a link that describes what Movember is all about.

http://us.movember.com/about/

A little quote from that link

Quote:
In 2009, global participation of Mo Bros and Mo Sistas climbed to 255,755, with over one million donors raising $42 Million US equivalent dollars for Movembers global beneficiary partners
Help become part of Movember!

TF

Here's the link to sign up as part of our team and the Movember website!

Quote:
Movember
Movember is the growing club for modern gentlemen who believe in the virtues of fine moustachery and changing the face of men's health. Join my team and grow a moustache this Movember to support the 1 in 2 men diagnosed with cancer: http://us.movember.com/register/114952
Two Fister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #53
Bill Monroe

Default Re: It's Movember! Prostate Cancer Awareness and Fund Raising Event!!

Where does it show the types of target mos?

"Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting
So much as just finding the gold."
Robert Service

Bill Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #54
Two Fister
Sturgeon

Default Re: It's Movember! Prostate Cancer Awareness and Fund Raising Event!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Monroe View Post
Where does it show the types of target mos?
Bill,
Take a look at this link for the Movember Lodge:

http://us.movember.com/the-lodge/

There's all kinds of helpful Movember information there. There's an image of a small picture on a table on the left hand side of the screen. If you click on that link it will take you to an interactive guide to different Mos.

TF
Two Fister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #55
Tony270WSM

Default holiday boxes for the troops donations

Have a friend who is involved with the CHPA and every year they do a holiday boxes for the troops drive. Second year I've donated to it and have simply copy and pasted what he wrote down. Is a great opportunity to give a little something to the men and women over there who can't be home for the holidays. Thanks

The Combat Helicopter Pilots Association is well into its 2010 Holiday Boxes for the Troops project. If you can please visit www.chpa-us.org, click on "welcome to CHPA" at the top of the page, then click on "sponsor a holiday box for the troops" in the big red box on the left side of the page. You do not have to be a member to sponsor a box, or a few boxes. Using this route you can use a check or credit card. You do need to sign up with your email, but it asks if you want to opt out of future mailings, and only takes a couple of minutes.

We also need mailing addresses for deployed aviation servicemen and women from all services for our 2010 project. Last year we mailed 145 boxes to deployed service members and are in need of specific addresses to send this year's boxes to. You can send any and all addresses for troops who will be deployed over this Christmas to me at [email protected].

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Approved by admin
Tony270WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #56
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default Re: holiday boxes for the troops donations

Dang, how I'd like to post this all over the board!

But... this is how we do things, here.
````````````````````````````````````````
You know, one of the very neatest things that was gifted to me when I had my aortic dissection and wasn't able to keep up, was a young lady that came to clean my home. She was SO awesome and I'd again like to thank her and her wonderful husband for suggesting or mentioning it to her! It was the most awesome gift of love! I don't think my house has been that clean, since! (or before!)
I felt a little weird about it at first, but oh, my! Was it ever wonderful!
When I was at NW Cancer Specialists, Rose Quarter, (which by the way is the most AWESOME hang-out for cancer folks!) they mentioned to me a great group by the name of Cleaning For a Reason.
Cleaning for a Reason is a foundation that assists women in cancer treatment by offering free home cleanings.
You can donate online, here!

I made a donation last night, and received this response:
All funds support the corporate headquarters which manages the recruitment of maid services, cancer patient applications and matching with our partners. We also have ways where individuals can be monthly supporters for $10.00 a month (less than a price of two cups of
coffee).
Well, I could only afford the "2 cups of coffee" option, but the service just so touched my heart, that I had to give something. Especially thinking back to how awesome the gift I received when I was sick, was to me!
Unfortunately, I did discover that not everyone is eligible for these services, as there is not a participating maid service in every area.
This foundation requires that the cleaning companies that partner with them are insured and/or bonded and perform background checks on their employees. (How cool is that!?)
Then, the companies donate their services free of charge - no one pays them a dime. They offer this assistance to give back to their communities and assist women in cancer. We all need to support companies in our communities that give back!!
If any of you use a maid service or know a
maid service owner, ask them if they are part of this foundation. If they are, continue to use them and support what they are doing! If they are not,
ask WHY NOT? And encourage them to check out www.cleaningforareason.org and find out how they can be part.
Speaking of "giving back" to your community... do you? It feels SO good to do that!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #57
mitch
Steelhead

In addition to getting wounded warriors out fishing and contributing to hospitalized patients funds we are taking on a new challenge of shipping Christmas packages to some local soldiers over seas. Our first shipment of 12 boxes went out last week and our second will be shipped out on the 14th of December to a unit which is currently stationed in Iraq. We are happy to arrange shipping of anything at anytime going forward as well. If you like to contribute, please feel free to PM or email us at [email protected] so we can help coordinate everything.

Below is a bit of a story and list of things they would like.

"Jack, thanks for doing this and for the support, by the way, thank you for
your service. It's great to have the support of everyone back home. I have
asked around here and have a few suggestions as what to send, but please
don't jump through hoops to get anything. These guys will be happy with
whatever is sent. It's kind of funny, when our mail run arrives, that's the
best time to put out any information that I feel is critical since no one
misses that time of day. Our unit has 40 Soldiers in country and we are
spread out all over the theater but you can send everything to my address
and we will put the stuff on the birds to get it to everyone. Any type of
fishing rods you can send will do the trick. We travel a lot to the Baghdad
area and there are numerous places to fish for carp around all the palaces
so whatever you send, I will send to those guys down there and they can sign
it out to Soldiers when they want to fish. A guy caught a 25 lb carp last
week using a whole bagel. They actually had a remote control boat, placed
the bagel on the top of the boat, motored it out far enough and pulled it
off the boat and they said, it wasn't no more than 30 seconds and the big
boy took it down, I think they said it took them an hour to land the fish.
Wish I was there for that one. Anyway, I will provide a list below, by the
way, we do have female Soldiers with us also and they are craving chocolate.
Some of this is general and some has been requested by a Soldier. Like I
said, no one will be disappointed if it's not in the package.

DVDs
Movies
Chocolate
Sample size toiletries
Various magazines
Granola bars
Fishing gear
Creadex supplement pills (any gnc store)
Axe body wash
Deodorant
Bath Soap
Chapstick
Foot powder
Snacks, various
Pringles chips
Summer sausage
Crackers
Cheese in a can"
mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #58
nakoa
Ifish Nate

Default cheer a-thon

Hello All,

So as most of you know Haven started Competitive Cheer this last summer. She has been competing and doing wonderful.

On Friday, Feb. 18, 2011, she will be involved in a Tumble-Thon. This is kind of like a Run-a-Thon; you get people to sponsor you on how many laps you complete. In her case you could either donate a flat amount or sponsor her per tumble. (I would do a flat amount cause these girls are really working hard on their tumbling.)

They are raising money so they can participate in competitions. Haven is wondering if anyone of you would like to sponsor her. She will be working on her Front Walk Over and would really like your support.

You can donate anywhere from $1.00 up to whatever amount you would like. If you would like to donate a larger amount, I can provide you with a receipt for your taxes.

If you could let me know by Thursday, Feb. 17, 2011, that would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Jamie Staples Secretary of the Gym-Nest Cheerleading Parents Club
Old 03-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #59
Arrows'n'rods
Steelhead

Default Re: How about some ifish help for hungry kids? We need old backpacks.

Bump and a reply. How are small duffle bags. I have a few of them, As soon as we have a good weekend for a garage sale I will be able to dig them out of our massive garage pile and hopefully even a few backpacks. PM your number and I will try to catch you on the river or meet you locally in the metro area.
Arrows'n'rods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #60
Thebaglimit
Steelhead

Default Please help Fisher

My weimaraner Fisher is very sick. It was sudden and we don't know what the problem is and how long it will last. I truly thought I was prepared for such an emergency, but as I am finding out, financially I'm not.

This is Fisher's fundraising page...please help
http://goo.gl/uwmqN

Thanks,
Mike
Thebaglimit is offline   Reply With Quote