Coronavirus nitrile gloves needed! - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 03-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default Coronavirus nitrile gloves needed!

Fellow iFishers - as you may know from the news, our healthcare workers and first responders are facing a grave shortage of personal protective equipment in the fight against COVID-19. Among the things they desperately need are nitrile gloves.

Nitrile gloves do not need to be sterile - they can be used in non-sterile settings to protect those directly fighting the virus and caring for infectious and potentially infectious people; think ambulances, emergency rooms, and fever clinics. Also, non-sterile nitrile gloves can offset the use and consumption of precious sterile gloves, which are needed for sterile settings; think operating rooms and intensive care units.

You can help.

If you have unused nitrile gloves, stowed in your boat, or in your workshop, please reach out to the health workers and first responders in your personal network, and find a safe way to pass them on.

If you have a box or more of nitrile gloves but don’t know where to pass them on, post up below the city you are located in and describe what you have got, be it a box or a case; and local healthcare workers and first responders on this board can reach out to you by direct message and arrange a safe way to hand them off.

Thank you!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
Soulakala
King Salmon

Default Re: Coronavirus nitrile gloves needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Fellow iFishers - as you may know from the news, our healthcare workers and first responders are facing a grave shortage of personal protective equipment in the fight against COVID-19. Among the things they desperately need are nitrile gloves.

Nitrile gloves do not need to be sterile - they can be used in non-sterile settings to protect those directly fighting the virus and caring for infectious and potentially infectious people; think ambulances, emergency rooms, and fever clinics. Also, non-sterile nitrile gloves can offset the use and consumption of precious sterile gloves, which are needed for sterile settings; think operating rooms and intensive care units.

You can help.

If you have unused nitrile gloves, stowed in your boat, or in your workshop, please reach out to the health workers and first responders in your personal network, and find a safe way to pass them on.

If you have a box or more of nitrile gloves but don’t know where to pass them on, post up below the city you are located in and describe what you have got, be it a box or a case; and local healthcare workers and first responders on this board can reach out to you by direct message and arrange a safe way to hand them off.

Thank you!

Jennie what I don't get is my wife said why don't they just have some strong bleach solution and dip there gloved up hands into the bleach solution it would sterilize the gloves and not waste so many.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
flatman
King Salmon

last i saw harbor freight still had lots of boxes of them.
and if out would certainly reserve a bunch for a hospital or such.

Last edited by flatman; 03-22-2020 at 05:44 PM.
flatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2020, 07:56 AM   #4
Antonio Zoli
Chromer

Thanks Jennie for posting!

Folks, healthcare workers are scrambling, and in fact a friend of mine who works in an ICU just ordered several cases of gloves from Harbor Freight.

However, the shortage coming in the next few weeks will be severe - there is not enough PPE.

Meanwhile our hospitals are just beginning to catch the wave. If you have gloves to spare, find someone who can use them. If you happen to have n95 masks, share them too (my family bought a few about two weeks ago, but we just gave them to our friend working the ICU). This is the time for all hands to pitch in.
Antonio Zoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:42 AM   #5
jack3m
Tuna!

Latex and nitrile, a glove is a glove is a barrier.
jack3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:24 AM   #6
[email protected]
AdminiMom

I don't know about the alcohol thing. Would they stand up to that? I know that I added alcohol to some wet wipes I had in the bathroom and they disintegrated!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote