Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 09:02 AM   #61
Clackriverrat
Chromer

Default Re: OSMB says guided trips likely not legal right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeplines View Post
Attachment 743039

One of many on the Willamette Slough. Sorry it’s to grainy to see the name on the side
You do not know a Damn thing about these people! For all you know they are quarantining together in the same house! Go Home You Mrs. Kravitz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #62
B Dog
Ifish Nate

If you pop someone’s tires they can’t get out of your town! ???

So if I have a house in Hammond, have WA plates on my truck, and OR plates on my boat. Is my boat ok but not my truck?

All kidding aside I have stayed home in WA. This sucks and you do what you need to do. I just hope once it’s all over the big city money still finds its way into these small town that depend on it.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:02 AM   #63
Soulakala
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Dog View Post
If you pop someone’s tires they can’t get out of your town! ???

So if I have a house in Hammond, have WA plates on my truck, and OR plates on my boat. Is my boat ok but not my truck?

All kidding aside I have stayed home in WA. This sucks and you do what you need to do. I just hope once it’s all over the big city money still finds its way into these small town that depend on it.

That's exactly what someone said pop the tires and they are hanging around even longer.

A lot of good comments and judgement on this thread and some not so. Good grief if Washington residents started thrashing out of state vehicle tires Jacks Country store would have no one. Yesterday driving by the majority of vehicles were out of state, even saw a Utah plate on a Subaru. I read "Crabbaits" comment on what they were doing in his neck of the woods; if indiscriminately driving around they take away your plates for 2 weeks and if caught driving without plates bye bye car.

From what I see if things don't change soon we will have total lock down. Our daughter lives in the Seattle metro area and they think by not going to the store and buying all their meals as takeout reduces their risk. And they drop off stuff on these daily trips to friends and spend a few minutes catching up on BS. I told them might be a good time to use that stove at home more often.

The idea of getting out in boat basking in some vitamin D sunshine would be helpful right now but unless they can limit that to only locals it would only encourage those from Portland and Seattle metro areas to head on down for some fishing.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #64
team anarchy
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bllelk View Post
I've seen three boats in the last two days come by me on the Umpqua. No social distancing, not guides. Two jets with people under the cockpit covers, one drift boat.
I wonder if the jet boat jockeys wiped off the handle of the gas pump or washed their hands?
I'd hate to see fishing completely shut down by these kind of yahoo's.

Seriously, people wipe off the gas pump handle before they use it, not when they are done. The next person to use it will take care of business.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:29 AM   #65
Hunt-man
Steelhead

There is a lot of strong self righteous fear and paranoia going on here.
If you are high risk in anyway be very careful. Stay home. Let others do your shopping. But not everyone is high risk.
And this current pandemic is no Spanish Flu. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...emic-h1n1.html
We also have antibiotics and ventilators now and medicine is much better.
It is ok to go outside. Keep your distance. Wash your hands.

Don't go all tribal and start shaming and tire slashing etc.
The current level of closures and paranoia is overkill. We live in a culture that is always going to "An Abundance of Caution" in all cases. Stupid.
Even with keeping our distance this CV is going to run around in the population for a while and may even come back at some point. That is historically what happens.

I don't think we can stay inside forever. The hope was to flatten the curve. Not sure we have even achieved much of that.

Please be nice to one and other. And wash your hands and stay away if you are sick or been around any sick people...
Old 04-05-2020, 11:09 AM   #66
team anarchy
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clackriverrat View Post
You do not know a Damn thing about these people! For all you know they are quarantining together in the same house! Go Home You Mrs. Kravitz
x2
Old 04-05-2020, 11:11 AM   #67
team anarchy
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt-man View Post
If you are high risk in anyway be very careful. Stay home. Let others do your shopping. But not everyone is high risk.
And this current pandemic is no Spanish Flu. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...emic-h1n1.html

The current level of closures and paranoia is overkill. We live in a culture that is always going to "An Abundance of Caution" in all cases. Stupid.
Even with keeping our distance this CV is going to run around in the population for a while and may even come back at some point. That is historically what happens.

I don't think we can stay inside forever. The hope was to flatten the curve. Not sure we have even achieved much of that.

Please be nice to one and other. And wash your hands and stay away if you are sick or been around any sick people...
WOW! More and more people with some common sense are speaking up.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #68
B. Coastal
Chromer

"if indiscriminately driving around they take away your plates for 2 weeks and if caught driving without plates bye bye car."

Heck, that's not so bad compared to the Philippines. The president there has announced that anyone creating any fuss while disobeying directives are subject to "shoot to kill" orders. Certainly not advocating this, but maybe a good time to be grateful of where we live?

BC

Old 04-05-2020, 11:52 AM   #69
deeplines
Steelhead

Quote:

100,000 to 200,000 DEAD are the predictions. Guess I’m wrong again, I’ll wait for my ventilator it won’t be so bad.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:34 PM   #70
Proteus503
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeplines View Post
100,000 to 200,000 DEAD are the predictions. Guess I’m wrong again, I’ll wait for my ventilator it won’t be so bad.
You should read past the headlines. The news uses fear to drive viewership and sell ads. The actual numbers dont support those predictions. We're sitting at ~6000 dead in the USA as of today, 4/5, with New York being the hardest hit. No surprise there, people live on top of eachother in New York, use more public transportation, touch handrails more often, ride in packed trains and buses. If the quarantine orders were serious, why not shut down tri-met? buses and light rail are still running. Stores are still open. Let that sink in.

Also consider that they are now listing covid19 as THE reason for death in any death where there are other complications (ie obesity, heart disease, diabetes, copd, pneumonia, or just plain old age). Nevermind the fact that John Doe weighed 400lbs, smoked, and was 65 years old before he was hospitalized... he definitely died of Covid!

I've attached some actual statistics. To my untrained eye, it seems that we are at the peak now. Calm down, wash your hands, turn off the news, and try to smile.

INDIA TANGO MIKE 33-33-33
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3183.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	565.4 KB
ID:	743061  

Last edited by Proteus503; 04-05-2020 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:55 PM   #71
Rank Amateur
King Salmon

A peak would be several days or more with very similar numbers, the spread sheet you showed shows an upward climb in all states. We are not there yet folks.

Team Fair Chase.
Team Fair Exit.
Team don't feed the trolls.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #72
Hunt-man
Steelhead

Google this:
How many people die from the flu each year in the U.S.?

ANSWER

"The number of people who die each year from flu-related causes in the U.S. is 8,200 to 20,000."

That's a normal, non CV year. Yes CV is worse. A lot more than normal are going to die. But lets be sensible and kind to one and other.

Here is another article worth a read:

https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...-with-flu.html

"The death rate from seasonal flu is typically around 0.1% in the U.S., according to The New York Times.

Though the death rate for COVID-19 is unclear, most research suggests it is higher than that of the seasonal flu.

In the study published Feb. 18 in the China CDC Weekly, researchers found a death rate from COVID-19 to be around 2.3% in mainland China. Another study of about 1,100 hospitalized patients in China, published Feb. 28 in the New England Journal of Medicine, found that the overall death rate was slightly lower, around 1.4%."
Old 04-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #73
team anarchy
Sturgeon

Quote:
Google this:
How many people die from the flu each year in the U.S.?

ANSWER

"The number of people who die each year from flu-related causes in the U.S. is 8,200 to 20,000."

That's a normal, non CV year. Yes CV is worse. A lot more than normal are going to die. But lets be sensible and kind to one and other.

Here is another article worth a read:

https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...-with-flu.html

"The death rate from seasonal flu is typically around 0.1% in the U.S., according to The New York Times.

Though the death rate for COVID-19 is unclear, most research suggests it is higher than that of the seasonal flu.

In the study published Feb. 18 in the China CDC Weekly, researchers found a death rate from COVID-19 to be around 2.3% in mainland China. Another study of about 1,100 hospitalized patients in China, published Feb. 28 in the New England Journal of Medicine, found that the overall death rate was slightly lower, around 1.4%."
Can we clarify this. I believe these percents are for people that have the flu, not the U.S. population. In other words there is a total U.S. population. 350million? Then there is a percentage that gets the virus (?). Then out of those there is a percentage that do not recover. Of those, most are elderly (I'm 66yrs) or have previous health issues (yes, I know there are exceptions). Just want real info.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:47 PM   #74
team anarchy
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Coastal View Post
"if indiscriminately driving around they take away your plates for 2 weeks and if caught driving without plates bye bye car."

Heck, that's not so bad compared to the Philippines. The president there has announced that anyone creating any fuss while disobeying directives are subject to "shoot to kill" orders. Certainly not advocating this, but maybe a good time to be grateful of where we live?

BC
Wher do you see this confiscation of license plates? more fake news?
Old 04-05-2020, 03:55 PM   #75
team anarchy
Sturgeon

Here's a clarification. As of April 4th there are 6600 dead from the virus (including related problems). USA population right at (looked it up) 330,500,000. Death percentage .000019. 2018 automobile deaths (didn't google injuries) 36,500. So I agree. Stay home. Don't travel. We can end this massacre on our roads by not traveling.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:02 PM   #76
B. Coastal
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by team anarchy View Post
Wher do you see this confiscation of license plates? more fake news?

Simmer down now, I quoted what Soulakala had posted about Costa Rica in post 63.
I guess it was a mistake that I took out too much of the clutter, as I was trying to avoid Crabbait thinking I was addressing him about his situation there..

Sometimes I guess there is a mistaken assumption on my part that everybody has been reading the whole thread.

BC

Old 04-05-2020, 04:24 PM   #77
team anarchy
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Coastal View Post
Simmer down now, I quoted what Soulakala had posted about Costa Rica in post 63.
I guess it was a mistake that I took out too much of the clutter, as I was trying to avoid Crabbait thinking I was addressing him about his situation there..

Sometimes I guess there is a mistaken assumption on my part that everybody has been reading the whole thread.

BC
I apologize. Just want to make sure all information is correct. There is alot of false info and just flat out misguessing about people fishing/launching/hunting on this site. Good info/great. Guessing/false info Bad! I do try to read all of a thread. Some of it I might have missed (like post #63). I will go back and read it. Thank you for straightening me out.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #78
Snopro
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus503 View Post
I've attached some actual statistics. To my untrained eye, it seems that we are at the peak now.
I'm curious how you get there from the data? I wish you were right, but I think it's only the top of the second inning for COVID-19 in the USA.

Last edited by Snopro; 04-05-2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:00 PM   #79
B. Coastal
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by team anarchy View Post
I apologize. Just want to make sure all information is correct. There is alot of false info and just flat out misguessing about people fishing/launching/hunting on this site. Good info/great. Guessing/false info Bad! I do try to read all of a thread. Some of it I might have missed (like post #63). I will go back and read it. Thank you for straightening me out.

It's all good, my brother (assuming the "more fake news?" was not saying I the was source of past fake news you speak of ).

I can see how without prior knowledge of the conversation, it would look like I was trying to encourage harsher enforcement here. I was only trying to point out the insanity in the Philippines to put things in perspective, as far as people complaining about the sacrifices we are being asked to make.
To better times soon.

BC

Closed Thread