Sad Day - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 03-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
HarvestNFaith
Steelhead

Default Sad Day

I was out social distancing on the Wilson this morning and lost my Benchmade Mini Griptilian. It was the first time I wore my Prana Zion pants out and they are thinner and slicker than normal jeans. I'm guessing the knife just slipped right off and out somehow. I really didn't do anything crazy. It even has my initials on the blade. Pretty bummed out.

HarvestNFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 05:21 PM   #2
Roady
Chromer

Default Sad Day

I am sorry for your loss. I’ve carried two Mel Pardue griptilians for many years and would not deal with it well if I were to lose one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

Last edited by Roady; 03-25-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Roady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
jagosh
Steelhead

Default Re: Sad Day

Prana pants on the Wilson???? You must be swinging flies. Attach a pic and I’ll keep an eye out. No secrets on the Wilson if you want to say where.
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 05:30 PM   #4
Guthooker
Sturgeon

bummer back track every step, look between the seats or any place else , wouldn't be the first time. Good Luck !!
Guthooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #5
HarvestNFaith
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roady View Post
I am sorry for your loss. I’ve carried two Mel Pardue griptilians for many years and would not deal with it well if I were to lose one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko
Yeah Mine was the Mel Pardue blue and gray mini grip. I've only had it for 3 months.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #6
HarvestNFaith
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagosh View Post
Prana pants on the Wilson???? You must be swinging flies. Attach a pic and I’ll keep an eye out. No secrets on the Wilson if you want to say where.
I wore my hip waders instead of my normal waders so my pockets were exposed where normally they wouldn't be. I normally wear some comfy sweats under my full waders but went with Pranas since they're really comfortable. It may have been lost at Mills. I really don't know though.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:01 PM   #7
HarvestNFaith
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthooker View Post
bummer back track every step, look between the seats or any place else , wouldn't be the first time. Good Luck !!
Unfortunately my work week just started so I'm not sure when I can get back out there and back track. I checked the truck, no luck.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:24 PM   #8
HarvestNFaith
Steelhead

FOUND IT!!! In a completely unexplainable spot. "Problem" is, I already ordered a different replacement knife from another well made manufacturer. Oooohhhh well...
Old 03-31-2020, 11:10 PM   #9
FishOnShawn
Ifish Nate

I'm curious where you found it. Being a knife guy myself, losing one sucks. I lost a cheapo one while fishing one one year and found it in the bottom of my fishing bag a year later. 2 years ago I was fishing I caught a steelhead and used my spyderco paramilitary2 to bleed it...left that spot and went up to the hatchery and caught another fish. Reached for knife and it wasnt in my pocket!!! I instantly freaked thinking I left it at the last spot. Ripped the gills out of the fish, tagged it and packed up and ran everything up to my truck only to find my knife clipped on the seatbelt. It took it right out of my pocket when I exited the truck. On the plus side now you'll have a backup in case of another mishap. Can never have to many knives.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:31 AM   #10
CopperMan
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvestNFaith View Post
FOUND IT!!! In a completely unexplainable spot. "Problem" is, I already ordered a different replacement knife from another well made manufacturer. Oooohhhh well...
Hey! That's my method for flushing out lost items ... just buy a new one then the old one gives up its hidy spot. I'm glad you found it. Cheers, CopperMan.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:01 AM   #11
HarvestNFaith
Steelhead

That's funny because I found it clipped to my tackle bag in the back of my truck. Weird thing is I never used the bag that day. The "replacement" on the way is a paramilitary 2. It will be interesting to see which one ends up in my pocket more.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:17 AM   #12
Jeeper
Steelhead

My Mel Pardue griptilian is orange. Ugly, but less likely to lose.
Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #13
FishOnShawn
Ifish Nate

Quote:
That's funny because I found it clipped to my tackle bag in the back of my truck. Weird thing is I never used the bag that day. The "replacement" on the way is a paramilitary 2. It will be interesting to see which one ends up in my pocket more.
I almost never carry my mini grip. My pm2 gets the most time in the pocket. You'll enjoy it. It's such a good knife. My Gayle Bradley 2 gets rotated in a bit also. A few other ZT's, benchmades and lion steel will make it in the pocket occasionally. Ok i might have to many knives...
Old 04-01-2020, 05:16 PM   #14
Roady
Chromer

Quote:

Glad you found it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk