Anyone use a side imaging fish finder while trolling for rainbow trout? - www.ifish.net

Trout Yak!
Trout & Kokanee Fishing with Buzz Ramsey

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Trout Yak! Trout & Kokanee Fishing

Old 03-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
mike_b
Coho

Default Anyone use a side imaging fish finder while trolling for rainbow trout?

Hi guy’s,

I just pulled the trigger on a new Humminbird h7 with side imaging. Looking around the web and YouTube I see lots of information on using side imaging while fishing for various warm water species, but little information on using side imaging while trolling for rainbow trout. I’m curious if any ifishers use side imaging while trolling for rainbow trout? I’ve seen a few posts on Ifish about using side imaging for Kokanee with good success, but once again little information on rainbow trout.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Mike b
mike_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:42 PM   #2
Fishsizzle
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_b View Post
Hi guy’️s,

I just pulled the trigger on a new Humminbird h7 with side imaging. Looking around the web and YouTube I see lots of information on using side imaging while fishing for various warm water species, but little information on using side imaging while trolling for rainbow trout. I’️m curious if any ifishers use side imaging while trolling for rainbow trout? I’️ve seen a few posts on Ifish about using side imaging for Kokanee with good success, but once again little information on rainbow trout.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Mike b
To me hard part is depth, and getting lure to fish without spooking them.

I’ve ran side scan to find rocks and other hang outs. I bought some planer boards and hope the run these out the side over the rocks that I put points on last fall.
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote