"Fall Favorite" locations - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 09-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
Bobby Brown
Steelhead

Default "Fall Favorite" locations

What are some "Fall Favorite" locations and past stories???

My favorites are Green Peter and Willamette River @Wilsonville mainly because I have lived near those locations and spent a lot of time in September- November trying to stay on fish as late in the year as possible.

Drop shotting robo worms or fishing small tubes has been my favorite way to fish either location. Finding areas where the water drops rapidly to 25 - 30 feet seems to always help me find fish. I like to position the boat up shallow and drag back from deep water up to shallow just to figure out what depth they are biting and then fish that pattern in different locations.

October seems to be a decent big fish month in the Willamette so I hope to set a personal best smallmouth soon this year!!!

Where are some other "hot spots"???

Bobby Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
aday
Cutthroat

Default Re: "Fall Favorite" locations

When you say Wilsonville, do you mean up or down stream from the Charbonneau launch? I'm still trying to figure out how to fish the Willamette, and I'd love to get some fall fishing in after work.
aday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Thebulletman
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aday View Post
When you say Wilsonville, do you mean up or down stream from the Charbonneau launch? I'm still trying to figure out how to fish the Willamette, and I'd love to get some fall fishing in after work.
both.
i fish from the west linn ramp all the way up to newberg. this year i am going to try the columbia too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
catfishman89
Chromer

My favorite spot in the fall is the gorge. I can't catch bass in the Willamette in the fall. I can a ton of bass in the gorge.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
Bobby Brown
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aday View Post
Either direction is good. Actually the no wake zone in between the bridges is good too. If you have a small boat or a kayak you can drift from the railroad bridge to the I5 bridge and drag a drop shot or tube and eventually you will figure out what depth the fish are.

If you have a boat that can make it, fishing downstream below the Canby ferry has lots of good rocky areas. Stay to the left/middle of the river when you get to the bends in the river past the Mollalla river. You will see docks on the left with white bouys and the channel stays closer to those but the rocky humps just accross from the docks are good if you can keep your boat positioned out of the fast current but cast into it.

The main thing is to get out and explore one stretch at a time. There are lots of smallies to at least have some fun until you run into the bigger ones.
Bobby Brown is offline   Reply With Quote