State of the Ifish Union - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2001 archives

Old 10-27-2001, 07:11 AM   #1
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default State of the Ifish Union

One more time, without debate....

I know some of you wonder what has been happening on the board.
Previous to now, I was unable to speak about any of it. I can, however, now tell you this.
We are experiencing some board bashing and multiple moniker issues that are being investigated and deleted. We are very distressed with the information that is becoming very clear to Bill and I.
Step one
Tracking IPs, and having them submitted to the authorities for abusive use. We have been working day and night to sift through IP addresses and duplicate monikers.
Some profiles were locked, as we sorted through the records.
I apologize profusely for any locked profiles that aren't double monikers, as this is not an exact science. I just needed to keep the information solid, as the information was gained. If your moniker's profile is locked, please e mail me for more information.
It was fun for some to have a duplicate moniker, to post when wanting to remain anonymous, but a few bad apples have caused ifish to have to 'attempt' to put an end to it.
I am concentrating on the abusers, but I would appreciate it if some of you would let me know if you have duplicates, so that I can start on mission two. Some of you have already offered this information, and I that help makes the process much easier.
Step two "Board cleansing".
If you must have two monikers, please, write to me and let me know. All requests will be considered and kept confidential if necessary.

Step three “New Registration”
We now have a new and more secure registration process. We are requiring more personal information, and a valid e mail check. New members will be on probation as we watch for any troubling behavior.

In order to promote useful discussion of fishing related topics and to help ensure accountability, Ifish.net has a new registration policy. Access to the Ifish Discussion Boards is open to anyone, but posting privileges will be granted only after verification of registration.

Registration will include;
- Real Name,
- City,
- State and a
- valid e-mail address.
- Street address and
- phone number are optional for registration.

A valid e-mail address is one that is permanent. It will be checked and verified on a periodic basis. Free e-mail accounts are less preferable, so Hotmail, Yahoo and similar accounts will be scrutinized. However, we recognize they are often used for legitimate purposes.

You may choose a display name which is different from the real name you must register with.

Much work is involved in this endeavor, and I appreciate your patience.
As always, your watching the board and reporting abusive use is very much appreciated.
This is our community, and we need to instill a neighborhood watch.
A few members have asked to be removed, (again) and their posting privileges have been denied.
A few thoughts....

ifish.net is more than a mere property to me. It is a place for me to communicate with friends as well as clients, to share feelings, techniques, learn, and socialize.
For me, it’s kind of like home. I would then ask you guys to treat it like you would my home, and like you would want me to treat your home. If we have a problem with a guest, the moderators will deal with it.
If I don't want you in my home, rest assured, I don't want you here either.
If you wander over to the neighbors and start bad mouthing me, or anything associated with me, don't expect a warm welcome if you come knocking on the door.
Being booted will be reported to your ISP which may cancel your account, under the terms of existing agreements with most ISPs.
(This would be done only under the most severe of abuses.)
I'd rather not spend my time with somebody who does not appreciate what I have built here.
There are many knowledgeable registered members and professionals registered to this BB. Given the vastness of knowledge available, this BB is unparalleled anywhere. I do hope you all enjoy and respect this BB.

Jennie

Guidance to build a better community:
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.
3. You can talk about the virtues or shortcomings of any products, organizations, or companies in a polite factual manner without malice.
4. Have some fun, learn, and enjoy fishing!

--------------------

Expect a fish with every cast!

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default Re: State of the Ifish Union

Bumpity up to the top. Please read. Please consider.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote