Nestucca report? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2000 archives

Old 12-30-2000, 01:16 PM   #1
rags
Ifish Nate

Default Nestucca report?

Thinking about drifting the Nestucca tomorrow. I know it has been slow. Anyone drift it today?

rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2000, 04:44 PM   #2
No Pilgram

Default Re: Nestucca report?

Hey Rags, Who are you going with tomorrow, Golfpro? Sure wished I was closer you need the good luck of No Pilgram in the old drifter. Oh, I got an email from roooooeltide steelheader the other day. Need to get that sprinkler system in next summer. Let us know how you do tomorrow. Did Snapshot fish three rivers yesterday??
No Pilgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 08:25 PM   #3
Deleted User

I know the fishing has been slow but I also know that 850 Winter Steelhead were recycled to lower river on thursday and friday. About half were chrome bright. I have also talked to many fisherman that have caught recycled fish so I guess they do bite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2000, 08:32 PM   #4
Deleted User

Rags, I fished it with Gary T and Garrick today drifting from 1st bridge to Farmers Creek. I found out you know each other. We were the lucky ones there today by getting 2 nice steelhead. All other boats we talked to got skunked, so we just plain got lucky to get our stuff in front of a couple fish. We did see one caught by a bank angler. I got mine driftfishing a peach corky and small egg cluster and Gary got his on a custom painted 30 Hot Shot. I went by the Wilson R. Sollie takeout on the way home and boaters told me the same slow story there. Where are the fish? - I need to go check that thread. - RT ....

Edit: I was told the re-cycled fish are from the Three Rivers hatchery, and run up from Cloverdale and right back up Three Rivers to the hatchery again.

[This message has been edited by RT (edited 12-30-2000).]
Old 12-30-2000, 09:21 PM   #5
rags
Ifish Nate

RT and Cutplugger, Thanks for the info on the Nestucca. I think we will drift from Farmers to Cloverdale tomorrow. I will let you know how we do. RT, I remember Gary and Garrick when they had more fun playing with the sandshrimp than fishing!
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 09:25 AM   #6
Spooled
Chromer

Drifted from Three Rivers to Cloverdale yesterday 12/30. Caught 1 bright hatch. There were tons of people (all enjoying great weather) and boats. Only saw one other boat with fish. He had 2 and was going home. The river is really off color a little ways below Three Rivers on down.
Team "Ragin' Raccoon"
Spooled is offline   Reply With Quote