Alsea Report? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2000 archives

Old 12-27-2000, 02:52 PM   #1
Fish mojo
Ifish Nate

Default Alsea Report?

Never fished there, but I'd like to check it out. How's the fishin and what are some good bank spots to hit. I have a map, so any good milepost markers will help. Best techniques and motels and taverns would help. Any driftboaters heading down this weekend need company? I'll buy the coffee and donuts. Thanks for any help!

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
Fish mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2000, 04:36 AM   #2
Mikie

Default Re: Alsea Report?

Hey FM, the alsea is getting low and clear,see R.T,s low gin clear water tips in a earlier post. Look at the north fork take a right at the bridge go up to the hatchery , see how many fish are in there. Sucks Huh- I fished just below the deadline on Christmas Day I hooked two in about a hour, my little brother fished all day he hooked ZIP!!! He fished all my old favorite spots nothing? WHERE ARE THE FISH???? . That's the million dollar Question, Try the ranger station just west of alsea, try mill creek head west some more ,try five rivers , keep heading west there's lots of good water. We always stay in newport when we fish the lower river . Bars ? Don't do that. LOTS OF LUCK. MIKIE
Mikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 11:32 PM   #3
chuck 'n' duck

Default Re: Alsea Report?

Mojo:

I drifted from Mills Creek to Campbell yesterday. It was a nice change of pace from the insanity at the Wilson (approx. 50 boats on wednesday). However, we did not touch a fish. Spotted one squirting through a tailout, but that was it. None of the other boats on the drift got anything either. I am begining to get a bit frustrated with the lack of fish in NW oregon so far this winter. Where are they?!

CnD
chuck 'n' duck is offline   Reply With Quote