Fishing report with PHOTOS - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 06:15 AM   #1
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

Default Fishing report with PHOTOS

I fished the Columbia River Friday. I fished up river from Portland (about 80 miles). I was hoping for an early spawn for this small mouth trip. After getting there I found the river to be cold and I only found 6 bass in the back water locations. All the bass were way back in the coves! The small mouth will be ready to spawn May 23rd! So then the next day I headed for the Willamette River for some smallie bank fishing . Well the willy was not nice to me that day, I did not even get one bite. thatís why they call it fishing and donít call it catching ! [image] [/image]
So then Tuesday I headed up to Horse shoe lake in Washington for some trout fishing (with some better luck).
So Tuesday I got about 340 trout and four fish over 17 inches. Then I returned the next day and I landed about 220 trout with 5 over 15 inches. So now Iím planning a fishing trip up river on the Columbia River on May 21-23. I put some photos of my puddle jumper boat (I also have a regular bass boat ). It is not hard to turn other type of boats into bass boats.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 06:23 AM   #2
Striper Club

Default Re: Fishing report with PHOTOS

Yeah, the CR is still a bit chilly! :smile: Even the Willy sucks from the bank at the moment... just a few more degrees...
Old 04-28-2005, 09:02 AM   #3
bucketmouth
Tuna!

Hey Volforeen, it looks like from his post, we have been fishing the wrong bodies of water. Dave smith has bagged several nice LM this year already. Maybe we need to head to the coast and not wait for the Willamette to hit that ideal temp.
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
B-RUN STEELIE

Are you fishing inside the tanker truck or do you let them get out of the tube into the lake... I would concider any place that a guy could catch 340 trout in 1 day a fish farm .. and not an example of anything close to sporting. I guess I really don't follow these posts you make with these wild fish numbers.. whats your point.. Do you have a clicker or something so you can keep track of them or what. I enjoy reading some of your posts because they are informative. But when you talk about a trout every 60 seconds for 10 hours.... Any information is lost in the B.S
Old 04-28-2005, 09:31 AM   #5
fishlipper
Tuna!

Ouch!! I agree that is alot of fish!!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:32 AM   #6
shalom
Tuna!

I think that your math is wrong .60 seconds x 10 hours come out to 600 . I believe that Rodger is telling the truth .

My boss is a Jewish carpender *
* Catch and release all Bass .
* SHALOM <'(((>< *
Old 04-28-2005, 09:43 AM   #7
B-RUN STEELIE

Right.. Point being I would rather read a post where someone says I caught a ton of fish.. or a whole bunch of fish.. than an exact, and absurd number. Just the physics of these posts demand rebuttle.

An old King of the Hill episode comes to mind.. Remember when Hank was using crack cocain to catch bass ?? He would throw the bass back and it would just turn around and wait for him to throw the crack out again and jump and catch it out of the air before it could hit the water... over and over and over- 340 trout in a day would have to be just like that.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #8
bucketmouth
Tuna!

B-run steelie, your rebuttle points out that these high numbers of fish as stated by roger seems less than sporting. I agree. I too would like to know what is the point? Regardless if true or not.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:46 PM   #9
Mojo
Ifish Nate

560 trout in 2 days is absolutley incredible! You should be guiding trout trips. All my trout guide buddies are really happy when their sports get 10 or more a day. They get big tips for that! For 300 fish your sports should tip you in the millions...

I'm with Bucketmouth. If it's not just about bragging, what's your point?
Old 04-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #10
Lazersharp
Steelhead

Hey, if I were to catch that many fish in 2 days I know i would be bragging. :grin: Great job roger

Good luck and please C&amp;R th bass

-Tristan
Old 04-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #11
FelonFinder
Tuna!

Trout don't easily survive once caught, especially those dinks under 14". I guess the sturgeon will appreciate the mess. Seems like a lot of hatchery fish to harass, but I still always divide Roger's numbers by 10 and sometimes 100, I can't count over 10 anyways having only 10 fingers with which to count.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #12
boblag
Chromer

Thanks for the report, Roger. I hope you keep 'em comin', complete with fish counts.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:13 PM   #13
Sandz

Glad ya had a fun time roger, I know how fish after fish can be fun but my top if around 50ish in like 7 or 8 hours but ive seen catches like that. Congrats that you can get on the fish.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:19 PM   #14
BBQbassin'
Coho

I think B run and the rest of you na sayers should chill. You might have missed the point. Besides we all know that even though bass fisherman are the smartest of all the anglers even they can't count that high.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:53 AM   #15
Bamaboy

Hi yall,

I usually read silently until I have some input: There should be room here for all kinds, but these inflated catch numbers are a little hard to swallow. I think this attempt at bravado does very little for anyone reading this page. I didn't read much about the way in which these fish were caught...powerbait? lure? deep? shallow? I think these things are more important to the reader than the shear number of fishes???

If these numbers are correct, I would hope that Roger is using a barbless hook to minimize damage to the fish.

Rick
Old 04-29-2005, 07:21 AM   #16
B-RUN STEELIE

I apologize if I have offended anyone with the rebuttle. I had a hard time with the 800 crappie standing in 1 spot in 8 hours deal.. And the 340 trout in a day thing is even harder to swallow.. However, your right. Who am I to question a storie like that.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:52 AM   #17
Sandz

I have posted numbers like that from retention ponds using fly fishing back home in florida. I am used to seeing large numbers hauled in because bottom line they are fun to catch. I wont ever be mad at an angler for showing pride in his ability to catch fish no matter the number pound etc. All I can say is im glad he had a great time, and i hope his wrist isnt to sore from reelin in that much!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:40 PM   #18
fishsauce
Tuna!

Like Bamaboy, I too only post when I have input that can help fellow Ifishers. Thats why we all came here in the first place to gather and SHARE information. My only issue with Roger's post is nowhere in his post did he share the information on how he caught those trout. I have made posts where I have gone fishing and not caught anything and yet I still made a post stating where I fished; weather conditions, water levels, temperatures, and visibilty; and what lures I used. I, at the least, share the condition of the body of water just in case it can save someone a trip.

Tommy
Old 04-29-2005, 01:48 PM   #19
B-RUN STEELIE

I don't know.. I figure I don't want any information on how to catch close to 600 trout in two days. I don't even concider that fishing.. I don't care to hear about how to catch 800 crappie standing in 1 spot in 8 hours either. I doubt if I would care to hear about a 62 foot sturgeon, or a bass that weighed 300 lbs.. or maybe catching 100 62 ft sturgeon in 4 hrs... I like a good story as much as the next person, but doubt that any water temp information would be usefull when its included in a whopper like that.

" Geez... you saw Godzilla !!!??? what time of day was it ??? "....
Old 04-29-2005, 03:18 PM   #20
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

Have a good life!
Old 04-30-2005, 03:20 AM   #21
Ryan Pultz
King Salmon

oooops looks like we have lost another one. good day sir! rp
Old 04-30-2005, 07:58 AM   #22
B-RUN STEELIE

Well thats a bummer... Would like to hear what you have to say when you get back to the informative and intresting posts you used to make prior to the latest rash of inflated chest beating, leg pulling , intelligence insulting posts.

Until then, Good fishing and good luck.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:52 AM   #23
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

My numbers are FACT you do not even know me and the best you can do is insult a real fisherman!
Old 04-30-2005, 12:46 PM   #24
B-RUN STEELIE

Quote:
My numbers are FACT you do not even know me and the best you can do is insult a real fisherman!
Wow little feller !!! The only FACT about some of your recent posts is that they insult " all " fishermen..

Save them stories for the boys down at the end of the bar.. They might even be able to top ya if they are drunk enough... " How was fishing ??".." Awsume"..." How many did you catch ???".." Three hundred and forty " " My GOD !!!! get this fishing stud a beer !!!!"....
Old 04-30-2005, 02:12 PM   #25
Ryan Pultz
King Salmon

hey now chill out I have been on ifish for a long time and well first off I find it hard to see anyone catch that many trout in a day. Why did I not post sooner because you were not insulting anyone in my family. Ifish is a family and when you start to call people names in my family then I will step up. If you have a problem with someone on here then shut up and take it to email or PM's simple enough. There is no place for you to sit and cuss I'll be it using the $%#@ it is still known what you intended to say. So if you can&amp;#8217;t learn to take it PM&amp;#8217;s then get off the board.

Hey B-run I am with you on this I think the post was a little chest beating to make someone look better then the next. But let&amp;#8217;s drop it so this post can just go away.

ExBassGuide hey brother chill out sit back and enjoy the ride life is too short to get in a huff over a little message board. I would fish with you any day even if I do not agree with your post.

Quote:
cant we all just get along. Rodney King
Old 04-30-2005, 02:15 PM   #26
Ryan Pultz
King Salmon

ohh and tommy boy I love you avatar.

Now I am going back to the fly fishing board to drink my scotch and smoke my pipe with the civilized folks. rp
Old 04-30-2005, 03:55 PM   #27
B-RUN STEELIE

Hows this ??? you use the delete post function and swear you will not insult our intelligence anymore..
Its a nice day and I have to do yard work.. Oh well Brownlee tommorrow
Old 04-30-2005, 05:25 PM   #28
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

So we have a few sour grapes people like B-run Stealy! I canít prove the number of the fish I got this week. Because I tossed them back in to the lake (barbless hooks and I never touched the fish). I also did retain a few small fish that were bleeding or hurt in any way. Now you all know there is no way I could persuade people like B-run Stealy ( he is just bent on trash talking people) He is all but saying I am a liar. If you need more information you can also look at Bass fishing home page for last year (end of April 2004) , I caught tons of trout that day too (even better than this year, for big fish). To be fair you will need to look at the information I give about how to fish lures like the senko lures and even the silver lake map I have posted on IFISH. Saying some one is full of b.s. is like me saying B-Run Stealy keeps and eats all the bass he catches. Now I would NEVER say that (and I am not say it now) that would be out of line, if I had no other evidence. I like to catch big bass and trout. To catch big trout you need to spend plenty of time and you will catch a number of smaller fish. That why I have gotten lots of trout ranging from 7 &amp; 8 pounds. A few years ago I took out a friend and on her third cast she got a 12 pound trout. If I could catch just the big fish and not the smaller ones and remain as productive with the big fish I would do that. We all know SOME people see the glass half empty and some even see the glass completely empty (like B-Run Stealy &amp; pail rider). So if you are sitting on the fence of truth and you are not sure about my honesty (not people like B-run Stealy that even if he was in my boat with me would not believe his own eyes) please view the photos and see thatI AM NOT A LIER .
But I can show a photo of the fish I brought home.
In this way I can prove to the fence sitters that when I post information on this good web site it is true and complete in all the facts.
[image]http:// [/image]
[image]http:// [/image]

As for the numbers, When I catch a fish a put a tick mark on a paper. So the numbers are good!
I have supported others when people call them liars! We all need cooler heads, Me too,
So B-Run Steelie: Iím sorry I said you were an A.H. (I do not even know you so I would not know).
And they tasted good! I did eat some yesterday(before the photo!)
ExBass Guide Roger
Old 04-30-2005, 10:51 PM   #29
FelonFinder
Tuna!

pail rider eh? Sheesh.

Come on Rodger Dodger. Just cuz' I don't swallow your hooks? There's two kinds of people I don't trust. One's fishermen, the other is anyone who's saying something.

Might as well just get used to people not buying your stories. If your tales are true you have no reason to defend yourself. It's amusing that you do, although tiresome after a while.

And if you do find schooled minnows, I know it's tempting to keep catching them and risking their lives. However, it is still wrong. Someone's kids might enjoy catching those pellet fed bonefish.

Now, how do you release a trout without touching it and still "catch" hundreds a day? Isn't there a limit on how many you get to keep?

I appreciate your INFO Roger. I still think you are a bit off on some things. If you are honest Abe, pay it no mind. You have nothing to lose or gain here that I can see. However, if your figures are true, you should change your name to Neo, for you are the ONE!
Old 05-01-2005, 12:40 PM   #30
Rauly
King Salmon

I think we will let this rest for awhile.

Rauly
Member #618
LUCK is: Preparation Meeting Opportunity
TEAM: Snood Doods
TEAM: Pop Tart
Big Fish Make Me Happy
Closed Thread