Eugene area fishing report - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 04-28-2005, 11:39 PM   #1
trespassed

Default Eugene area fishing report

I fished Delta this evening for 3 hrs. Nice evening to be tubing. I caught 4 Largemouth. 1 dink, 2 about 14", and a 18". (I use the float tubes measure) All were caught using pumpkin/red flake 3.5" tubes on a #2 gama hook. I fished the ponds 3 times last week and always seem to catch something (but only on the same colored tubes) It's nice to have somewhere close to warm water fish.

trespassed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
MattyFlavor

Default Re: Eugene area fishing report

Where are you putting in and taking out? Is this area reasonable for canoes? I'd love to get out and learn these ponds. Are they all connected or do you need to load in and out of each one? PM me if you want to be all zipped and subtle...
MattyFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:16 PM   #3
trespassed

Default Re: Eugene area fishing report

Matty,
I put in at the NE most pond off of Delta North, their is a parking lot a short distance to the right(NE) of the off ramp. (goodpasture exit) I checked out the other ponds (between VRV and the fire station) and it looked like a few of the ponds are connected. The ones that weren't, looked like it was a short hop over the dividing bank. Their is also a large pond farther down the trail (south) past the first pond. I spoke with a guy two days and he had caught several bluegills over 7" and was using a Mini Bass Tracker.
The larger ponds would do just fine with a canoe. The little pond would work ok but a float tube works a little better. Their is even a boat ramp on the pond opposite the VRV ponds. (just northwest of the dealerships) I don't know how far back those ponds go.
Hope this helps,
T
trespassed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement