Prineville res - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 08-16-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
Don Fischer
King Salmon

Default Prineville res

Went out this morning hoping to find bullheads, not a one. Went in at the dam as years ago seemed a lot of them were caught there. Looked for them an hour or so and gave up, Using shrimp, heard they were rally good. Went back up the res a ways and looked for crappie another hour or so. Lot's of fish hanging off shore a ways in 30 to 40 foot of water. Got one on and biggest crappie I ever hooked! Tried to liftit over the side of the boat and broke the leader. Had to be close to a foot long and heavy. Lot of them down there and was jigging for them but they weren't hitting much. Down in that area the algae and grass was no where near as bad as up above last time I was there, last week.Last week I had to lift the motor out of the water and clean grass off the prop to run out. Then went to the floating outhouse and we got 15 crappie. Sure wish I could find the bullheads though. maybe I switch back to chicken liver or who knows, maybe even night crawlers! Wanting to get up on the John Day at LePage Park but not sure the wind is ever gonna quit up there this year. Supposed to calm down to about 10 MPH next week one day, might get up there then.

Thinking about trying Haystack again this week. never have caught a fish in that place. Law of averages say's I'm gonna catch sooner of later. Never have yet and never seen one caught out of there!

There's a reason I like dogs better than people!

Last edited by Don Fischer; 08-16-2019 at 11:16 PM.
Don Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 06:15 AM   #2
Fishin4life!
Steelhead

Default Re: Prineville res

Try the south east side at haystack lots of bullheads, sliding sinker and crawlers. It's shallow on that side, but lots of fish.
Fishin4life! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
newfydog
Steelhead

I spent a morning last week fishing the rocky points for smallmouth. Decent fishing, but not nearly as good as last year, and only one fish over 12".
newfydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #4
Don Fischer
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin4life! View Post
Try the south east side at haystack lots of bullheads, sliding sinker and crawlers. It's shallow on that side, but lots of fish.
SE. Opposite end from the dam? Wait, dam is north end isn't it? Chicken liver won't work? Guess I'll have to get some night crawler's. Thank you!

There's a reason I like dogs better than people!
Don Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #5
Fishin4life!
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fischer View Post
SE. Opposite end from the dam? Wait, dam is north end isn't it? Chicken liver won't work? Guess I'll have to get some night crawler's. Thank you!
We used crawlers because we were fishing for trout, but couldn't keep the bullheads off.
Fishin4life! is offline   Reply With Quote