The intent of this forum and how to use it - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Open Seats!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:34 AM   #1
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default The intent of this forum and how to use it

OK, since large threads are a real performance drain on ifish, we need to start a new Open Seats Forum!

HOW TO USE THIS FORUM:

Please title your threads in the following manner. Please try to follow these rules, so that we don't have extra work. It's easy!

TITLE EXAMPLES
"Open Seat - location -The date(s)"

"Need a Seat -location -The date(s)"

"Open Hunt - location -The date(s)"

"Need a Hunt -location -The date(s)"

"Floatilla- location -The date(s)"

The Open Seats forum is intended for non professional fishermen and women to share seats with other non professional fishermen and women.

Guides and Charters can only post there as sponsors of ifish.net.

At ifish, we like to show that we are a caring and sharing group of people, and this is why we have this forum at all!

Thank you for making ifish the best it can be!

Jen

Disclaimer
Ifish.net, it's current and past moderators waive any and all responsibility for any injury or personal loss that any person or property might incur in using any suggestions or recommendations, particularly where there is a risk such as in boating rivers, boating coastal bars, or river wading. We offer the best advice that we can, but common sense and responsibility is upon the individual participants in any activity. Please exercise proper caution in accepting boat rides with other members. Know your captain.

Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
radderbehuntin
Ifish Nate

Default Re: The intent of this forum

Jennie, Thank you for all that you do! I wish people would read the SEVERAL POSTS that you have posted not to ask for open seats but to respond to open seat offers. Is there a possibility to have a set amount of posts before you can post on open seats. Much like there are on classifieds. Maybe with a minimum the Ifishers that are new would get to know a little more of whats going on before they ask for seats? Just an idea and THANKS AGAIN for all that you do!!
radderbehuntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
Kalamity
'Jumpin' Slugs'

Quote:
Originally Posted by radderbehuntin View Post
Jennie, Thank you for all that you do! I wish people would read the SEVERAL POSTS that you have posted not to ask for open seats but to respond to open seat offers. Is there a possibility to have a set amount of posts before you can post on open seats. Much like there are on classifieds. Maybe with a minimum the Ifishers that are new would get to know a little more of whats going on before they ask for seats? Just an idea and THANKS AGAIN for all that you do!!
Well I didn't see this "rule" before I posted asking for an open seat, but then I only have access to a pc maybe every couple days for a short amount of time. That's why I left my number. If it''s not acceptable, get rid of my post.

Didn't want to break the rules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
arkansasbasser
Ifish Nate

It's possible that someone would offer an open seat to someone that is asking where as they might not have offered one otherwise?
arkansasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #5
renne66
Steelhead

Smile Re: The intent of this forum and how to use it

What a great site this is!! Congratulations and thanks Jenny or whoever is in charge today.
renne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:46 AM   #6
plumbertom
Steelhead

Default Re: The intent of this forum and how to use it

I don't want to be rude.
I've never used this thread other than to make inquiry.
But I don't get the replies I need.
I'm on a very limited budget and have tried to gather what the share of costs might be to ask for an open seat.
I don't want to sound too much like a freeloader so before I accept a ride I have to know how much money I should have.
Having owned a 24' Wellcraft Sportfisher when living in LA, I know well how expensive they can be to operate.
When I ran my boat out of SOCal I never concerned myself with shared costs as I was going anyway and at the time I was working as a master plumber And had no fixed expenses other than my rent and insurance, so cost of a day on the big water wasn't really much of a concern.
I'd really like to ask about a trip to fish lings and rockfish from the central coast anywhere from Coos bay to Newport. I do fish inside the bays regularly from my small boat (16' aluminum jon boat)but it's just not suited for outside those protected waters.Antone who could clue me as to what would be the proper etiquette for making a request and/or accepting an offer would be doing me a solid.
plumbertom is offline   Reply With Quote