Silver Lake panfish report 11/2/2019 - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 11-02-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
duckslayer
Tuna!

Default Silver Lake panfish report 11/2/2019

Not sure what happened over the last two weeks, but fishing today was by far the slowest it's been for me this year. 4 of us started around 8:45 and stopped around noon. I ended up with 34 crappie (6of which were keepers), 7 bluegill and 1 perch. My 3 buddies didn't really keep track but were catching one here and there. One of them found a pink skirt that the perch loved and ended up catching probably 40 smallish perch. Lots of people, mediocre at best fishing. We had fun though and lots of laughs, saw another ifisher (emora), and enjoyed a nice day on the water.

duckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2019, 08:35 PM   #2
Merganser99
Tuna!

Default Re: Silver Lake panfish report 11/2/2019

I was out there this morning also with a few friends. Definitely much slower than a couple weeks ago. We did see a couple different bank anglers that were racking them up. It was a beautiful day and we did have a lot of fun.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
emora
Chromer

I noticed the same thing. This weekend was the 1st time at the lake for us this year but comparing it to the past several years we’ve been coming, it was definitely slower. Still had a great time with family and friends and brought home enough for a Sunday fish taco dinner. It was cool to meet duckslayer and his compadres as well.
emora is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

I have been fishing Silver a LONG time. I think the cooler temp and the cooler temps at night played a big part (5th coldest October ever recorded). the lake still has great numbers but the fish just are not on the bite like most years. You can still catch good numbers of keepers if you know the key areas. A spot most people never fish is around Silver cove boat ramp bay. Lot of keeper in there. More fishermen = less keepers some of the time location is the other part. two weeks ago I landed 600 and lots of keepers and If I would have fished all day I think I would have ended up with about 800. I did best with a slow reel and a twitch tossed in every few seconds. If you would like to know my best area (you would know it if you have seen me out there fishing). Just send me a p.m. and I will let you in on a couple things you can to for great numbers and that will also give you more keepers!
ExBassGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
SteelheadDr
Fry

Cold rainy stained water and didn't catch a single crappie. 4 perch. Saw a few crappie caught by others. Fished the canals then towed a fellow fisherman back to the launch. Went to the other end of the lake and fished the canals by outlet creek and the front half of Hemlock creek. Same result -added 2 more perch.
SteelheadDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:02 PM   #6
duckslayer
Tuna!

Yeah, today was kinda rough, we stuck it out until about noon and managed about 20 crappie between me and my daughter. Fished all over. Very slow compared to a couple weeks ago.
duckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #7
SteelheadDr
Fry

Ha! I passed by you and "the girl in pink" what a cutie. I'm very jealous. I had a hard time getting any of my children to join me in the things I like to do. Still do with my own children. I have better luck with their children though. Something about being a grandpa gives you an advantage I guess. Hence trying to learn crappie fishing tactics to get them on more fish.
SteelheadDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #8
RandallPinkFloyd
Chromer

I tried a slough in the Mid-Columbia area today. The water is very cold and the fish inactive. Got 31 fish total for about 4 hours of fishing. 21 Bluegill, 5 Black Crappie, 1 Yellow Perch and 4 small Pikeminnow.

Everything caught on 1” Gulp Minnows on tiny bare jig heads. You had to place that jig literally right in front of the fishes face, they wouldn’t chase anything. The water actually looks completely dead so I did a lot of “educated” blind casting.

The bite was extremely light, very hard to detect. I looked for pauses in the drop.
Still fun and kinda surprising for November 17th. I usually quit warm water fishing in September!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk