IFish Fishing Forum banner

Fishermans Marine-get there fast!

13K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Jbug 
#1 ·
Just letting people know that the Friday one-day sale is in full swing. I just got back(I was there at 6:30), and I saw some of the sale items like the Shimano Convergence rod, North River rods, and Grand Slam turkey cooker just flying out the door. I was there about an hour, and I think half of the Shimano and North River rods left the racks. Get there fast if you're interested in any of the really good deals. Good luck.

#2 ·
So, was the convergence on sale at anything other than the 8.5' length? I'm shopping for a 9.5' jig rod and bimart and joes didn't have anything on sale for me.

#5 ·
I dunno what lengths the rods come in. Actually, (according to my quick googling) the convergence is the name of the baitcaster series.

So how good are the rod deals at FMS? I'm in Tigard and it's a longish drive up to Delta Park. If I'm not going to get that good a deal on a rod, I'll stay home, work on the boat and pick up an Okuma Celilo at Joes for $50.

(At the very least, I wish FMS would put their sale fliers online. I don't take the newspaper and I don't make my way over there often enough to be up on what's on sale.)

#6 ·
Amp...I'd go there...your next bet is Bi Mart...but they're probably pretty well picked over by now. And I wouldn't be dilly dally 'in.
You're missing out.
I think I'd hit Oregon City if I was you tho. They may be issuing rain checks on out of stocks..so at least if they don't have what you want..you can lock in the price.

Mark

[ 11-28-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

#8 ·
Fisherman's at Hayden Island had the Buzz Ramsey 9'6" jig spinning rods for $59; rated at 8-12 lb line. I know because I got one. Most folks were buying the Northriver rods which they had a good selection (no jig rods that I saw). Northriver rods at $49 is a heck of a bargain; I now own one more. Hope this helps.

#12 ·
ampersat, the Convergence was only 8'6 length and all but two were medium action 8-15lb test. The other two were medium-heavy 8-17lb. It sounds like they may have restocked the shelves though. I passed on the Convergence(I have a Buzz Ramsey that's almost the same).
I bought the North River in a 8'6 heavy 15-40lb for trolling.

#13 ·
Northriver rods --- $48. Cool waterproof 2-way radios, 7 miles range, 2 for $99. They also have both models of Minn Kota Riptide (salt water) electric motors.

[ 11-28-2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Thumper ]

#15 ·
ampersat,
i ordered a 9'6" okuma celilo 6-12 lb. bob'n'jig rod from the gresham bi-mart this afternoon. it should be here this coming thursday. i paid $34.20 for it. thats the regular price! any of the bi-marts can order it for you if your still in the market.
jbug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.