IFish Fishing Forum banner

Boat Burns in Charleston

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cubsfan 
#1 ·
Did anyone hear about the boat that burned at the fuel dock at Charleston? Heard it sunk right at the dock and CG said to leave it, so watch out for the hazard if launching there.

LS

#2 ·
There was an explosion and the boat was on fired around 1:30 PM on Tuesday (9/8). Two people jumped in the water and was picked up by the CG and taken to local hospital w/ 2nd or 3rd degree burned. Boat had a line in the water so the CG was able to pick up the line and towed the boat to the main channel just under the Charleston bridge before it went down. CG marked it w/ a red bouy just below the bridge, but not sure the status after I left there Tuesday afternoon.

#5 ·
Woman had 2nd degree burns on feet and legs - released from hospital today (yesterday?) From the Redding area. Husband ok - taken to hospital and released.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. A friend of mine and his wife were standing on the dock opposite the fueling dock when the boat blew. They took some incredible pics.

Dave Laird - Black Bolt

#6 ·
Woman had 2nd degree burns on feet and legs - released from hospital today (yesterday?) From the Redding area. Husband ok - taken to hospital and released.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. A friend of mine and his wife were standing on the dock opposite the fueling dock when the boat blew. They took some incredible pics.

Dave Laird - Black Bolt
:lurk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.