A reminder, please! Ifish needs more LERTS! - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Ifish Community

Old 11-30-2019, 07:59 AM   #1
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default A reminder, please! Ifish needs more LERTS!

We need more LERTS!

This is mostly for new members, but a refresher for all of us old timers, too.

We have plenty of people to fix what needs fixing, (Moderators and admins) but we are a member run forum. We rely on you, the member, to alert when someone writes things that are against the AUP and could send an otherwise great thread, spiraling down to a closed thread. No one wants that! But, if there are too many posts to be edited, we sometimes just have to close it, if we don't have the time to spend to dissect it (hate the word dissect!) and repost it, all cleansed.

SO, here is what I wrote in 2009, and it is mostly true, today. I have edited it, to be more relevant, today.

Quote:
Please do not assume that a moderator has read everything. Sometimes we haven't had a chance to read anything, yet!
Chances are that when you read a thread, it hasn't been previewed or moderated. We are a live board, and we need YOU to help us to moderate. That's why we call it a member run forum. It is!

We have plenty of people to "fix" what needs fixing, but not enough of the members that read ifish, to help us to see things that NEED fixing.

Can that please be you? If each and every one of you helped out, we'd have the best fishing board in the world! (Oh, wait... we do! )

But, we could be always be better!

I just get so frustrated when I receive alerts that assume we have OK'd
something and then goes on to tell us how unfair we are. They say, "I got infracted for doing this, but it's OK for this guy? As if we'd read and approved it. We do not sit over people's shoulders and tell them what's OK or not.

Doesn't matter if you are brand new to ifish! If you know right from wrong, if you have read our AUP, we need you! Just alert us to threads that look like they'll need watching for fights, etc.. or dirty language, or potty humor, or racist stuff or political things that could lead to division. We just want to keep ifish FISHING and friendly.

If you see a thread that needs attention by the mods, please alert it in a kind fashion. Please use this symbol, found to the left and bottom of each post.

We keep asking that you do that, but often times we see posts stating, "I can't believe the mods left that." You assume that we've read it and decided on it, judged it, somehow. --When, in fact, the mods have been at work, or have been at work on ifish, working on another issue, and haven't even SEEN it. Believe me, we don't take much time off!

Please don't think assume that we have read anything and just left it. Chances are, it hasn't been viewed, unless you bring it to our attention. When you alert things, we might not respond, except to take care of it, but we appreciate it SO much!

With love,

Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2019, 09:47 AM   #2
steve-o
Steelhead

Default Re: A reminder, please! Ifish needs more LERTS!

How do you use these with Tapatalk? I don’t use a computer and only my phone through the Tapatalk app to go on ifish.

Thanks, Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
Fishfeet
King Salmon

Jen. I'm trying to be a lurt.
But after a big weekend with 20 plus people over, including 10 rowdy kids,
my lurtness level has reached an all time low lurt level.
Please bear with me. I'll try and achieve full lurt level just in time for the Christmas riots.
Thanks for the hard work. We all love ya back.
Happy turkey weekend.

Last edited by Fishfeet; 11-30-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Fishfeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
oldsweng

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
How do you use these with Tapatalk? I don’t use a computer and only my phone through the Tapatalk app to go on ifish.

Thanks, Steve

For all Tapatalk users my suggestion is to use the web browser on your phone to login to iFish. Then use the instructions in this thread to get the "complete" iFish. Then you will see the red triangle to the left of the post, under the posters name, to alert the mods to troublesome posts.

As a Classifieds mod I would like to remind everyone to use the alert to let us know your item has sold or you want to delete your ad.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:47 PM   #5
shanem
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-o View Post

Thanks, Steve

Use the built-in webview option in Tapatalk when you need to report stuff.

1. Click on the three . . . In the upper right
2. Choose webview
3. Sign-in with your user/pass
4. Click the triangle alert on the left and type your note
5. Return to tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2019, 02:54 PM   #6
oldsweng

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanem View Post
Use the built-in webview option in Tapatalk when you need to report stuff.

1. Click on the three . . . In the upper right
2. Choose webview
3. Sign-in with your user/pass
4. Click the triangle alert on the left and type your note
5. Return to tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This needs to be a Sticky!!!
Old 12-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #7
[email protected]
AdminiMom

I have a cell phone, also. (Iphone) and I would never use Tapatalk. (My name is Jennie Logsdon Martin for the complaint procedure!)
Tapatalk has been known for several bad things. Not going to list them here, but do your research.
I just simply don't use the ifish mobile display. When you first come on, without tapatalk, just click no, you don't want to proceed with mobile, and it will show you ifish, how it was meant to be, without the ads, if you are logged in.
Always, tick "remember me", or you'll be logged out within 15 minutes, and you'll see ads again.

I have zero problems that way. Just don't like tapatalk. All the work we put into things like the alert system are null and void with tapatalk.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Jennie@ifish is offline   Reply With Quote