IFish Fishing Forum banner

Show off your Hot Rod or classic

20K views 167 replies 67 participants last post by  Timber hunter 
#1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

That time of year, this is our 1968 GTO, 389/ 435 HP, his and her shifter all matching #'s . 2years in the making.

Show off your classic or hot rod!

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice job on the goat! A head turner for sure......brings back fond memories.
I bought a 65 GTO in 1969, drove it to North Carolina (Camp Lejeune). I made it in 4 days and 1 case of oil. I had the 389 rebuilt and let me tell you those southern boys know what to do to an engine. Bored over, dual 4 barrels, full race cam. Unbeaten on base and there were a lot of new Road Runners, Chargers, GTX's, Cuda's and Cameros being bought as soon as the the guys returned stateside from Nam.

#7 · (Edited)
I don't think any Goats had 389 in 1968, last year 389 was 1966. That car would have a 400 in it. In 1978 I did a linkage adjustment on a emerald green 68 that had a 389 with Muncie 4sd in a car that was a 400 400 auto originally. The hump was cutout for shifter with a torch and there wasn't room to align gates on Hurst. It still had auto gear in rear and she was geared tall.

David Pheffer had a emerald green 68 with a 389 dual gate auto in it but it wasn't Stock. Is that this car ? Do you know heritage on car ?

Do you have tiger in back window sill ?

#42 ·
This was from Aloha and I got it from a guy in Mc vile, who was a body man and no tiger in the back window. The guy in Mc said the day he brought it home his wife hated it, I asked if he was still married!:D

#10 ·
No photos of my old cars, wish I had some. Every time I need to revisit, I gotta use Google and look at someone else's car.

I never get tired of looking at the old iron.

My best four were in order of ownership were.......

'55 Nomad, red and white.

'63 Impala, 327, 300 hp, 4 speed, red.

'68 Roadrunner, yellow, 383, auto.

'69 Z-28, orange with white stripes, black inside.

#11 · (Edited)
Nice GTO!

My hot rods have paddle tires and are not really classics.

The '79 CJ5 11:1 500 HP 355 small block chevy on NOS, close ratio Ford Top Loader 4 speed, 4:56 dand 60 rear.

I want to really go fast I use the sand rail. 12.5:1 625 HP 427 Big Block Chevy, Liberty gear big slpline Ford Top Loader 4 speed, 4:88 gears in spooled 12 bolt rear. Weighs 1500#

#12 ·
View attachment 207674

That time of year, this is our 1968 GTO, 389/ 435 HP, his and her shifter all matching #'s . 2years in the making.

Show off your classic or hot rod!
Nice car, but a pretty sad looking garage! Way too much underutilized wall space. Need to fill that up with rod racks, tackle box shelves, coolers, beer/bait fridge, you know, more essentials.:wink:

#13 ·
My high school 64 SS still have it

My 67 SSS wrl 411 Bluebird , They called these cars the lucky 300 cause with only two yeas of production they only made 8,000, and only imported 300 in to the USA. Bad picture but she's all stock in very good shape.

But the owners manual for the red Jag states that it's recommended you don't exceed 120 mph when your driving on winter tires on snowy road conditions.

Gota love the Auto bon cars.

#26 · (Edited)
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Did have a 389 in this and the one I had when I was 21! Never changed the tranny or the rear end gears, Also had a 1959 Corvette. Wife drove the GTO and the Vette was mine.:meme:Wish I had it now!

#29 ·
#27 ·
1971 Impala custom. It's been in the family since new. Our time to enjoy it before it get's passed down to our oldest son.

About 500,000 miles on it now but lots of new parts along the way. The original motor went over 400,000 before being replaced.
I'll take credit for that as my wife & I broke the motor in on our honeymoon while on a 1000 mile trip.
Being a street racer at the time I new how to break in a motor.
I left the 65 421 tri-power Goat at home.

This thread would be a lot more enjoyable it we didn't have to click on some of the pictures to see them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.