IFish Fishing Forum banner

Ted Wade's Memorial Service

30K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  fishbait 
#1 Ā·
Jennie,

Here is the info on Ted wade's Memorial Service.

'Rusty

Calvin Presbyterian Church
July 17th, 2010 @1:00 PM
10445 SW Cantebury Lane
Tigard, Oregon
503-693-3273

Please feel free to share this one with anyone else, thank you.

#2 Ā·
Please feel free to share personal stories about Ted. He was a great fisherman and a friend to many, here.

#5 Ā·
It breaks my heart to hear this.

Ted was one of the good guy's.

Spent a lot of time on the river fishing next to him over the years laughing and telling stories.

I hadnt seen him in several years, but on a float down the Wilson last spring.....there he was. Spent an hour catching up while my fishing partner kept wispering.....I want to fish, i want to fish!

Glad I ingnored my fishing partner that day.

RIP Ted. You were one of the best!

#6 Ā· (Edited)
That is sad, sad news.

I agree with those above who put Ted in the "good guy" category....he was also in the all star "character" category. We all know about the banana theory....Ted rowed a bright yellow "banana" drift boat and made fun of those who used a banana as an excuse. He'd say "some of us can catch them, some need an excuse."

R.I.P - Ted "The Legend" Wade

#7 Ā·
I was on the oars in the Yellow Clack near Vic's hole on the Wilson , the day Ted caught His last 20lb steelhead. Bill Miller came around the corner while Ted was fighting the fish(22lbs) and took a picture of Ted with it. He is bringing a copy to the service, so I can have it blown up and put on the wall at Alice's next to our other departed friend Bernie Thiebert. RIP big guy, you were one of the best!!!!

#11 Ā·
Raina,

Your dad was quite a guy and I always enjoyed joking with him. He had a contagious smile and a very positive fishing attitude. I know he went through a rough time after your mom passed, but he still managed a smile and thumbs-up.

If you're interested, both of those pictures can be downloaded from my photosite: www.bigfishimages.com Look in the "Special Events" section and you'll find one in the 2007 OWHF Salmon Quest gallery and the other is in the 2008 Salmon Quest gallery. I have the original files and don't hesitate to get in touch if you'd like copies or large prints - no charge.

#9 Ā·
I fished with Ted years ago, back in the 80's out on one of the tillamook bay rivers. He was a hoot. We didn't get any that day, but it wasn't for lack of trying. He was indeed a character.

#14 Ā·
Raina,

So very sorry to hear about you Dad. He was a great guy, good fisherman and just plain fun to be around. He taught me a thing or two over the years. He will be missed by many. He never really recovered from loosing Judy and I know their are happy & together now.

I might suggest you PM Jen for special permission to post in the classifieds or feel free to PM me and I will help you post anything I can. I know lots of people would be proud to own and fish with one of Teds rods, me included.

Fishbait
Steve Salveson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.