2020 150HP Merc issues- Stevens Marine- Buyer Beware On Both - Page 5 - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Boat and Motor Tech

Old 09-29-2020, 07:15 AM   #241
bulzeye
Tuna!

Default Re: 2020 150HP Merc issues- Stevens Marine- Buyer Beware On Both

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwater97 View Post
I am no boat doctor, my troubleshooting skills pretty much start and end with driving the boat to the dealer. But that was the first question I asked. The gauge is configured correctly. single motor configuration. Here's the irritating thing about this code. It alarms, it reads out the error on the SC1000 but this code is not stored in the engine. The local thinks it is because the error is a 'blip' big enough to trigger an alarm, but not big enough to trigger storage of the code... shrug?

I dunno, but this motor bugaboo has really added some manure flavored whip cream to the epic hot garbage sundae that is known as 2020. My hope is that tainted sprinkles or other festid garnishments are not added in the remaining months in this god forsaken year.
could also be a bad sc1000 or maybe something fried with the fact that you might have had a loose harness that started all of this.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2020, 07:19 AM   #242
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
might have only been 1 trip to get it fixed but we will never know because he wasn't willing to try. maybe the local guy doesn't really know what he is doing.

This was my argument from the very beginning. A day or 2 lost to getting a good fix definitely beats 10+ days of not being able to use the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chucknormous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:00 AM   #243
steve-o
Chromer

Seems like this thread is getting semi hijacked. Maybe the last few posters should start their own opinion thread and just watch for whatever results Stillwater shares in the future. T
That way, maybe this won’t get shut down..... my two cents

steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:01 AM   #244
fishnhunt13
Tuna!

Hand raised! This thread hasn't dissuaded me from buying from Stevens. Although to tell you the truth they're too far away for me for follow up services....

The issue wasn't ever that Stevens wasn't willing to prioritize fixing the issue it's that the OP bought a motor 4+ hours away and wasn't willing to return to have it serviced. As the trouble shooting has continued on it's become more and more obvious that it was a Merc issue not an install issue.

Last edited by fishnhunt13; 09-29-2020 at 08:30 AM.
fishnhunt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #245
bulzeye
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
I agree we have both sides, but we have a difference in opinion whether Stevens gets to be wrong for a common job or not. OP is mad that Stevens wasn’t able to install the motor correctly even though he paid for the job. I would be, too.

Stevens simply did a bad job on the install, and their quality of installs is now suspect. That’s kind of obvious now that the second dealer was involved. If this is really that uncommon for Stevens, they should have gone farther to fix it, and they should be very interested how they messed it up. They don’t seem to care “enough”. They were willing to “not” learn from the mistake or mistakes.

No way would I buy anything that the Stevens Service Department had to install. There are too many other dealers out there, and Stevens has proven that if there is an issue, it’s the customer’s job to let them fix it at the customer’s expense. That may work for you, but that’s not my idea of customer service.
From my understanding they offered to look at it and fix it. The OP chose not to bring it to them. The other dealer unhooking and connecting things back up looks to have fixed the original problem that could have most likely been caused by the ride back to bend.

My only experience with stevens was when I was looking for a boat they gave me a price quote and I ended up choosing a private party sale on a used one the sales guy was nice and have me some pointers on things to look for when buying the used boat. But you are right there are better dealers out there as well as there being much worse dealers out there.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #246
KalamaGeo
King Salmon

I DID...........

Bought from Stevens and love it. 2 hour drive from my house so maintenance is done locally.
Easy peezy. WAAAAY too much drama here. Sounds like a compatibility issue to me.

Love my Merc main. The trolling motor, not so much. But I didn't get it from Stevens.

Since I don't agree with the OP or Jimh , I obviously work for Stevens. geeez

Last edited by KalamaGeo; 09-29-2020 at 09:15 PM.
KalamaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:39 PM   #247
deerlick
Steelhead

Thanks stevens
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200613_180150.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	754827  
deerlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:33 AM   #248
jimh
King Salmon

Talking Re: 2020 150HP Merc issues- Stevens Marine- Buyer Beware On Both

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaGeo View Post
Sounds like a compatibility issue to me.
Since I don't agree with the OP or Jimh , I obviously work for Stevens.
Why didn’t you pass that information on to the OP’s dealer or have one of your coworkers?

PS: How do you like working there?

Seriously though, I’m not trying to tell anyone what they should do, and I’m glad your motor is working for you. It would really stink to be going up a river, and then lose the main because the install was bad. Luckily the OP had a failure in a lake.
Old 09-30-2020, 04:59 AM   #249
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
It would really stink to be going up a river, and then lose the main because the install was bad. Luckily the OP had a failure in a lake.

This is the point we are all trying to make. We don’t know if the install was bad. That’s just an assumption.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:09 AM   #250
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknormous View Post
This is the point we are all trying to make. We don’t know if the install was bad. That’s just an assumption.
You can feel free to disagree, of course, but part of an install is testing everything out. That didn’t seem to happen unless you think Mercury has gremlins in their motors and controls.

There are two options. 1. Mercury motors have gremlins and nobody should buy them no matter where the dealer is. 2. The install wasn’t good.

If you have another option besides saying the OP is making this up, feel free to share.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:53 AM   #251
chucknormous
Steelhead

Default 2020 150HP Merc issues- Stevens Marine- Buyer Beware On Both

Quote:
You can feel free to disagree, of course, but part of an install is testing everything out. That didn’t seem to happen unless you think Mercury has gremlins in their motors and controls.

There are two options. 1. Mercury motors have gremlins and nobody should buy them no matter where the dealer is. 2. The install wasn’t good.

If you have another option besides saying the OP is making this up, feel free to share.

I never said OP was making up a motor issue. I was saying we don’t know of the issue is install related or not. As many others have pointed out the drive from Portland to bend could have contributed to the issue. These are not the best roads to drive on.

To your point of mercury having gremlins, you could say that about every manufacturer. I have an older merc saltwater that has 20 years of hard use and the thing runs like a champ. No issues. However the merc kicker we had has been replaced twice now. We actually went Suzuki this time. I also know a few guys that run brand new Yamahas and have sworn they will never run them again. One guy has less the 100 hours on his Yamaha motors and has had to replace water pumps on both and spark plugs on the main. This guy takes really good care of stuff so no it’s not due to lack daily maintenance.

I’m just trying to point out that making broad statements and accusations lead nowhere. OP did it. You did it and so did some others.

My stance on this whole issue has and always will be this.

Stevens sold the motor and installed it. They charged him 750 for install, and test run. Not a “river test.” When OP had issue Stevens openly told him to bring it back and we will fix it. OP living in bend didn’t want to make the drive and instead threatened legal action. Stevens stepped back, as most companies would. A lot of his pain and suffering, along with more time on the water, could have been eliminated if he had just brought it back to Stevens.

Last edited by chucknormous; 09-30-2020 at 05:55 AM.
Old 09-30-2020, 06:08 AM   #252
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
When OP had issue Stevens openly told him to bring it back and we will fix it.
And of course, the uber point, if Stevens had done the job right the first time including proper testing, there wouldn’t have been an issue to get solved. Stevens isn’t a new business. By now, they should know how to test the products they install. If they want to cut a corner, just tell the customer ... “we don’t know if it will work or not”. For x amount of money, we’ll make sure it works. Of course, that sounds ridiculous because it is.

I think it is a reasonable expectation that if you buy a product installed it will work.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:25 AM   #253
bulzeye
Tuna!

Quote:
And of course, the uber point, if Stevens had done the job right the first time including proper testing, there wouldn’t have been an issue to get solved. Stevens isn’t a new business. By now, they should know how to test the products they install. If they want to cut a corner, just tell the customer ... “we don’t know if it will work or not”. For x amount of money, we’ll make sure it works. Of course, that sounds ridiculous because it is.

I think it is a reasonable expectation that if you buy a product installed it will work.
why do you keep ignoring the fact that the drive back could very well have caused a connection to come loose? Yes it would be on the installer, but that is not something that would show up in a tank test, unless of course it was driven to bend and put in a tank there.

The possibility of a loose connection causing the issue could very well be the root cause of his current alarm. electricity doesn't like loose connections (if that's what started all this)
Old 09-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #254
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
why do you keep ignoring the fact that the drive back could very well have caused a connection to come loose?
In my experience, the vibrations while underway in a boat far exceed trailering. Are you saying that brand new connections regularly come loose while trailering? I kind of doubt it.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:28 PM   #255
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:

Not arguing that point. Just saying things happen and that sometimes it needs to go back to the shop. Warranties wouldn’t be a thing if everything worked perfectly.

To your point you are correct that Stevens has been around a long time. They have installed and worked on more mercury motors then most. They know what they are doing. They know how to install and test motors. If something in the harness was loose from factory or maybe even had to get pulled and installed again, it is possible to have something lose and not catch during a test run. A road trip may show the issue

The more this goes on the more I think you have any issues with Stevens and possibly mercury as well.

Nobody says the situation doesn’t suck but you can’t bash a company and expect a good response from them without giving them the chance to correct it.

Old 09-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #256
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
The more this goes on the more I think you have any issues with Stevens and possibly mercury as well.
Just in case anyone cares, I’ve only owned one Mercury. It was a kicker, and it was fine. I’ve never talked to anyone at Stevens or any of their competition in the area. Of course, you are welcome to do a search to see that I’ve never been a Mercury or Stevens discussion of any type here.

Furthermore, you can do a search to see how “connected” I’m not with the OP.

Unlike you, I’ve been around here “online” for a very long time.

For me, it’s simply about customer expectations and service.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:49 PM   #257
Rick S
Steelhead

I've avoided Stevens since they did a re-power of my old sled with a new 115 and;
1) Left a hole in my transom below the water line.
2) Lied to me about trade-in / core value of my old motor.
In all fairness this was quite a while ago but I don't readily forget incompetence and dishonesty. ymmv...
Rick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #258
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Just in case anyone cares, I’ve only owned one Mercury. It was a kicker, and it was fine. I’ve never talked to anyone at Stevens or any of their competition in the area. Of course, you are welcome to do a search to see that I’ve never been a Mercury or Stevens discussion of any type here.

Furthermore, you can do a search to see how “connected” I’m not with the OP.

Unlike you, I’ve been around here “online” for a very long time.

For me, it’s simply about customer expectations and service.

If it’s just about customer service then why are you giving Stevens crap when they offered to look at it and fix it? It’s not the fault of Stevens he lives far away. Once again keep in mind we don’t know if this has anything to do with how the motor was installed.

Old 09-30-2020, 02:57 PM   #259
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
I've avoided Stevens since they did a re-power of my old sled with a new 115 and;
1) Left a hole in my transom below the water line.
2) Lied to me about trade-in / core value of my old motor.
In all fairness this was quite a while ago but I don't readily forget incompetence and dishonesty. ymmv...

Things like this would for sure leave a sour taste in my mouth and I can’t blame you. I hope the issue was resolved.

Old 09-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #260
Rick S
Steelhead

Yeah, I fixed the hole and ate the loss of trade-in promised. They lost my future business. Fair enough.

Last edited by Rick S; 09-30-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Rick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #261
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by weld22 View Post
After reading all the threads on this post, anyone that would buy a new Mercury Motor from Stevens now, please raise your hand.
If I were looking for new motors I'd talk with them.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:19 PM   #262
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
If it’s just about customer service then why are you giving Stevens crap when they offered to look at it and fix it? It’s not the fault of Stevens he lives far away.
It’s not OPs fault that when he tried it ... it didn’t work. As previously noted, you have a different idea of customer service than I do. You (and I’ll even say others) think it’s the responsibility of the OP to make it convenient for the business to fix the product that the business sold. I disagree. The market will decide who is right.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:21 PM   #263
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
It’s not OPs fault that when he tried it ... it didn’t work. As previously noted, you have a different idea of customer service than I do. You (and I’ll even say others) think it’s the responsibility of the OP to make it convenient for the business to fix the product that the business sold. I disagree. The market will decide who is right.

So by your definition of customer service it’s Stevens fault that the customer chose to do business 4 hours away.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:24 PM   #264
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
So by your definition of customer service it’s Stevens fault that the customer chose to do business 4 hours away.
As noted, it’s Steven’s fault that they didn’t do it right the first time. Again, if this an uncommon issue, it seems they’d want to know why. Btw, if it was an issue for them, they didn’t have to sell to him. You can bet they knew where he was from.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:35 PM   #265
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
As noted, it’s Steven’s fault that they didn’t do it right the first time. Again, if this an uncommon issue, it seems they’d want to know why. Btw, if it was an issue for them, they didn’t have to sell to him. You can bet they knew where he was from.

I hope your joking.

First off we still have no idea what’s wrong with the motor. So by saying Stevens didn’t do something your making an assumption you have no factual evidence to prove.

Second like any other issue I’m sure they would want to know.

Lastly why would a company selling a product care how far away you lived. It’s not on them to decide where you plant your butt. If you have an issue you either rely on the local shop or make the trek back to the dealer you purchased from.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:42 PM   #266
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
Lastly why would a company selling a product care how far away you lived.
It only matters if they think their work will fail. I’ve heard of plenty of companies that have picked up vehicles to repair when the original work has failed. You probably have, too.

It seems it would be important to know to at least tell the customer that the only way they have support is if they bring it back.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:44 PM   #267
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
It only matters if they think their work will fail. I’ve heard of plenty of companies that have picked up vehicles to repair when the original work has failed. You probably have, too.

It seems it would be important to know to at least tell the customer that the only way they have support is if they bring it back.

So are you saying Stevens thought the motor would fail?

Old 09-30-2020, 05:54 PM   #268
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
So are you saying Stevens thought the motor would fail?
Nope, I’m saying they should have known it was a possibility.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:36 PM   #269
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Nope, I’m saying they should have known it was a possibility.

This is a crazy statement. Any mechanical device is prone to failure of some sort.

Old 09-30-2020, 07:46 PM   #270
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
This is a crazy statement. Any mechanical device is prone to failure of some sort.
Sounds like you agree with my statement.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:52 PM   #271
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Sounds like you agree with my statement.

But your implying Stevens should be prepared to just drop everything and drive half way across the state and get his or anybody else’s boat. That’s not reality and nor should it be. I’m all for great customer service but that is way over the top for any consumer to expect.

I stand behind the statement that a day or two lost to drive to Portland and get it fixed or replaced is much better then many many days lost on the water.

And yet once again we still don’t know what is wrong with the motor.

Old 09-30-2020, 07:58 PM   #272
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
I’m all for great customer service but that is way over the top for any consumer to expect.
You obvioiusly aren’t for what I consider great customer service. That’s ok. We just disagree. Don’t lose sleep over it. You’ll probably have a big day tomorrow in your job at Stevens. Seriously, just joking. I don’t care if you work there or not.

Have a great night.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #273
Jared Jorgensen
Ifish Nate

Quote:
After reading all the threads on this post, anyone that would buy a new Mercury Motor from Stevens now, please raise your hand.
I would and will continue to purchase Mercury's from Stevens . I have purchased a few outboards from them, all positive transaction's. Not all trouble free but they fixed the one issue I had when I brought it back to them.
I have 500 trouble free hours on the Mercury 150 four stroke. It's my favorite outboard, and I own 7 boats with Evenrude, Honda, and Yamaha.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jared Jorgensen; 10-01-2020 at 01:42 PM.
Jared Jorgensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:16 PM   #274
flatman
King Salmon

the problem with many service dept. they send it out fixed and it still isnt. ive been back more than 3 times at stevens and other dealers.
i wouldnt want to be driving 8 hours each time. but i also would never buy from someone 8 driving hours away that i would have to deal with later on.
flatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:57 PM   #275
elkhunter338
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatman View Post
the problem with many service dept. they send it out fixed and it still isnt. ive been back more than 3 times at stevens and other dealers.
i wouldnt want to be driving 8 hours each time. but i also would never buy from someone 8 driving hours away that i would have to deal with later on.
A mercury dealer anywhere should do warranty work, what's the deal with OB with the mind set you have to back to where you bought it from. However you generally get in their schedule quicker. That one reason I bought local. I really wanted a suz. OB, however the dealer is 130 miles away. So I had to decide Merc. local, Honda local or 35miles away. Yamaha 50 min. drive each way. I choose to go with mercury 150hp 4 stroke the same motor being talked about in this thread.
In 4 years 280hrs, the motor has not been trouble free. Unknown cause. No codes, cut out momentarily at 3,500 rpms. Dealer has no clue. It ran all last year with out a glitch. This year I had a few times motor acted up. I am going to try fuel additive, mechanic thinks it could be fuel quality. Also planning to check spark plug gap and install new plugs.

And the cheap piece of crap plastic prop ring failed, 250hrs old. With my boat it ruined my week of fishing. Boat would over rev. some prop/boat combo's can run fine without the ring. It's so cheap $4 part ruined my weekend. I started looking Honda does not use the cheap plastic part, nor does any of the Japanese OB's. I sure hope this Merc. hold together and runs.

I am going with Yamaha 25hp High Thrust for my new kicker motor.
elkhunter338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:53 PM   #276
jlg
Tuna!

After this thread, I would not buy from Stevens.

Not only did they screw the OP by not doing the job right in the first place, but they put a plant here to defend themselves. Clearly, they know about this thread and have done nothing for the OP or to clarify things here. All we get is the rantings of their anonymous plant. That stinks and leads to me believing the OP.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
jlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:42 AM   #277
The Overfishin Condition
King Salmon

Quote:
Still on that huh?

At least you got something to hold on to.

It sounds like you ended up buying something with a Suzuki on it? I'm guessing a picture with your new ride would end the "you work at Stevens" chatter.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:46 AM   #278
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overfishin Condition View Post
It sounds like you ended up buying something with a Suzuki on it? I'm guessing a picture with your new ride would end the "you work at Stevens" chatter.

Haha nope not yet. I am still undecided. I actually get to go run a couple of different boats over the next few weeks. I’ll just have to show an invoice with no employee discount on if I get an alumaweld.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:54 AM   #279
chucknormous
Steelhead

Default 2020 150HP Merc issues- Stevens Marine- Buyer Beware On Both

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg View Post

Not only did they screw the OP by not doing the job right in the first place, but they put a plant here to defend themselves. Clearly, they know about this thread and have done nothing for the OP or to clarify things here. All we get is the rantings of their anonymous plant. That stinks and leads to me believing the OP.

Wow I’m a plant now that’s a new one. If you looked around ifish you would know that even though I am new I have been asking a lot of questions about buying a new boat and am looking at all of the major brands.

You don’t know me or my background. I have literally zero ties to Stevens aside from getting a couple quotes on two different boats from them. I have also talked to PSMarine and went all the way up to Valley Marine in central Washington. Local North river dealer was not all responsive.

I would suggest not hoping right on the bandwagon without doing your research.

I am going to be a picky buyer and have no intention to buy right away or from anyone just because. I am doing my research as you should have about me before accusing me.

A quick recap. I said give Stevens a shot and the keyboard warriors said I work for Stevens. Does not make a whole lot of sense.

Old 10-02-2020, 10:41 AM   #280
joeer77
Chromer

Quote:
went all the way up to Valley Marine in central Washington.
This is where I got my boat and they are 4 hours away. There were solid for me. I was comfortable with the decision as there are several Mercury dealers around town and a local Lowe dealer in Vancouver for any warranty issues. I even towed it back for the free 20 hours service they provide.

If you are dropping that much money on a North River you should be picky. You have the power until the check is handed over.
joeer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #281
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeer77 View Post
This is where I got my boat and they are 4 hours away. There were solid for me. I was comfortable with the decision as there are several Mercury dealers around town and a local Lowe dealer in Vancouver for any warranty issues. I even towed it back for the free 20 hours service they provide.

If you are dropping that much money on a North River you should be picky. You have the power until the check is handed over.

They were great. Joe was awesome. They are indeed spendy boats.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #282
Threeweight
Ifish Nate

I was one of the guys who early on told the OP to chill and give Stevens a chance to make it right.

That said, it is kinda weird how much time you've spent in this thread giving the guy a hard time.

If you are in the market for a boat, why don't you offer to buy his for full market value? Comes with a very, very, very low hours, basically brand new Merc!

Quote:
Wow I’m a plant now that’s a new one. If you looked around ifish you would know that even though I am new I have been asking a lot of questions about buying a new boat and am looking at all of the major brands.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #283
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeweight View Post
I was one of the guys who early on told the OP to chill and give Stevens a chance to make it right.

That said, it is kinda weird how much time you've spent in this thread giving the guy a hard time.

If you are in the market for a boat, why don't you offer to buy his for full market value? Comes with a very, very, very low hours, basically brand new Merc!

Yea well it’s happens. Not in the market for that kind of boat but thanks.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #284
StickFish
King Salmon

Location: Somewhere way past the bass clef. Often Tigard Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg View Post

Blhahahaha, one should not speak of things they don't know.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #285
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickFish View Post
Blhahahaha, one should not speak of things they don't know.

Your signature is perfect in relation to this post. Just saying.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:44 AM   #286
Threeweight
Ifish Nate

Jesus Christ man, give it a rest.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:43 PM   #287
Daweez04
Chromer

Google "beating a dead horse"... I am sure this thread will be one of the top hits. My lord. Aren't there fish for you guys to go catch or something?
Daweez04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #288
Reel fortunate
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeweight View Post
Jesus Christ man, give it a rest.
Some people just like to hear there jaw work!
Old 10-12-2020, 05:53 AM   #289
Slowsmokinhic
Chromer

Still waiting for a positive outcome.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #290
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowsmokinhic View Post
Still waiting for a positive outcome.

I think we all are.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:56 PM   #291
Don G Baldi
King Salmon

Quote:
I think we all are.

You'll be blamed if it don't.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:39 PM   #292
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G Baldi View Post
You'll be blamed if it don't.

Somehow it will be my fault. Oh well.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #293
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
Oh well.
Funny, that’s what Stevens thinks.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:19 PM   #294
chucknormous
Steelhead

Quote:

Have you asked them? Or are you once again just assuming something?

Old 10-12-2020, 06:46 PM   #295
jimh
King Salmon

Quote:
Have you asked them? Or are you once again just assuming something?
Just a joke ..
Old 10-13-2020, 08:49 PM   #296
RB Drifter
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Now that’s funny!
RB Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:13 PM   #297
elkhunter338
Chromer

it would sure be nice if we could all hold our comments, lets wait for what's actually wrong with the motor. I am really interested in what the problem is since I own a 2017 merc. 150hp.
elkhunter338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:29 PM   #298
Whiskey Dick
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter338 View Post
it would sure be nice if we could all hold our comments, lets wait for what's actually wrong with the motor. I am really interested in what the problem is since I own a 2017 merc. 150hp.
Agreed, Cut the bull crap posts and lets wait for Mark to update it and let us know what happened.
Whiskey Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:40 PM   #299
SHJunky
Tuna!

Quote:
SHJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:57 PM   #300
SHJunky
Tuna!

I really feel for the OP. It's a bad feeling when you buy something brand new and have issues immediately.

Without hijacking the thread too much, I recently (June) bought a brand new, high end truck camper from a large dealer in the Eugene area. I freely admit I bought it from a dealer 87 miles from my house because the supply was short in Portland and I was impatient. They had what I wanted in stock and made me a reasonable "covid" deal which I suspect is the same situation here or the OP would have bought it at his local dealer.

Once the deal was signed, they have been garbage from the install on. My brand new 2021 camper has now been at the dealer for 2 1/2 weeks for the third time and there is no sign of any progress.

The service manager actually had the balls to look me in the face and tell me the 2021 camper they sold me isn't compatible with the 10 day old 2020 GMC 3500 I had when they sold me the camper.

Like the OP, my response was no problem, go get the check book and write me a check for the full amount and I'll be on my way. I already knew they would tell me to pound sand on that and they did.

Then I told them I wanted my 2k back for all the "prep" work they did on my truck. I already knew they would tell me to pound sand on that and they did.

This large dealership happens to have a GM dealership too so I told them I wanted a loaner car because I had to leave my truck there for some undetermined amount of time. I already knew they would tell me to pound sand on that and they did.

I love seeing the economy humming despite Covid but the record breaking sales boat and rv dealers are experiencing are giving them a giant case of I don't give a ****.
SHJunky is offline   Reply With Quote