Somebody Educate This Brotha - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2000 archives

Old 12-29-2000, 07:55 AM   #1
THE REEL HEY_YALL

Default Somebody Educate This Brotha

I will be leaving work here in a couple of hours to go hit the Nisqually River and see if any chums are running through. Get off at the Mounts Road exit and go to the second bridge. You will see the cars. I will be the guy that forgot his waders wearing the cowboy boots and blue jeans. And fishing with the brand new 10' lammy So now here's my question: Are the nets going to be a factor, or are they still running there or what? We drove by there yesterday at 3 o'clock and didn't see too many people and a couple of guys said they haven't seen anyone catch anything. I will start off with a rather large green/black (tiger stripe) spin -n- glo with the black wings, green yarn, 2/0 hook, and herring oil since the water is a tad murky. Let me know what you have heard, please, before I go. Again, if any of you show up, say howdy to me and let's fish.

THE REEL HEY_YALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2000, 05:34 PM   #2
Jeffhead
Chromer

Default Re: Somebody Educate This Brotha

So how'd ya do???
Old 12-29-2000, 06:22 PM   #3
dummy

hey yall so how did you do. i was there a week ago and saw one hooked at the hole about the tresle. not a hole lot going on the lake is empty and they are not letting out any water so dont exspect a good run. probly late and dark.
dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2000, 10:43 PM   #4
superfly

E-mail me and I will help you out, I do pretty well on the nisqually, but I have not heard anything real positve as of yet, the chums should be stacked in there right now, but they are scattered. So I personally have not fished it since the end of the silver run.
Peace Superfly

------------------
If you want to run with the big dawgs then get your ass off of the porch!!
superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 11:46 PM   #5
Deleted User

'Yall bro,

Nobody told you? The Nisqually doesn't have salmon and steelhead runs anymore. Some of our Oly area Ifish killers have wiped the run out. I suggest using some of your 'Bama bassin techs for the abundant sqawfish in there ... ah, northern pikeminnow that is. They may not give that new extra long P symbol much of a workout, but I've heard from Os that when you cook 'em right they go very well with white rice .
Old 12-30-2000, 06:34 AM   #6
Greg
Cutthroat

If you want to fish the Nasty, better get your a$$ in gear, because it goes closed on January 1. I haven't personally talked to anyone at the Muck Creek hatchery, but I heard that they weren't getting a good return at all.
Greg
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote