IFish Fishing Forum banner

20x72 super vee with a yamaha

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  ripalip2 
#1 ·
anybody running a alumaweld 20ft super vee Lt with a yamaha f150 four stroke? concerned about the weight over my current 2 stroke 150. anybody have experience with this combo , looking at going to the four stroke to run with a prop most of the time but sum with a pump also, any help is appreciated
thanks

#2 · (Edited)
I jus got a 20 ft Freedrifter with the 66 inch bottom. Same 6 degree as your Super Vee. The combined weight of the Merc jet and kicker is 478 pounds. By a staggering coincidence, that is the exact weight Yamaha lists for the short shaft F150. The long shaft is 9 pound more. I don't think you will have any issues.

#4 ·
My concerns are more about weight than power, my kicker, battery's , downriggers and everything is in the rear of the boat and the four stroke is about 60lbs heavier than my current motor. it would be scary fast with a prop, i should do like you did and just put a 115 prop on it and give up the pump, tuff decision

#10 ·
No seriously I wouldn’t worry about the above comment. You made the right choice! You will like the full time prop.....it just makes sense especially if you are not really serious about getting your sled on the small water.
I thought at one time of my life that Jet was the only way to go. Unfortunately that mind set lasted 20 years but I did fish the small rivers a little but not enough to justify a pump all those years....I kept telling myself year after year I would fish small water more but it never really happened except maybe a handful of days....there may of been some years I justified it but they are few and far between. Most my fish have came from the big water (CR)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.