IFish Fishing Forum banner

Kayak Walleye Limit on Bottomwalkers

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  puckfisher 
#1 ·
Walleye fishing has been particularly good the past few weeks on the central WA reservoirs. Took some worms for a walk recently and they were adopted by a limit of Walleye.

#2 ·
Great job. Looks like Banks Lake on a great day. Jealous here.

#4 ·
Got to figure out the walleye next. Puckfisher made a monster out of me with the crappie but I did catch a walleye once. Long enough ago I can't remember what they taste like!

#10 ·
You were already a monster. Sandpiper has everything dialed in. I am waiting for Canada to open. Wet spring has walleyes staying in cool shallow waters. Photos and reports from Father and sons who run one small lodge I frequent are killing me, and they know it. Eat, sleep, fish for hundreds of walleyes with a few nice pike as surprise visitors. I fear they might keep border closed another month. Any walleye guys need to look into these many small lodges in Manitoba and Ontario for cheap, easy walleye fishing. It gets tougher in August but good again in September. Maybe next year.

#7 · (Edited)
I'm digging the yellow rod. :) Looks like an old Fenwick glass plug rod. I actually have a set of 3 of those with the same color blue wrap. They were re-wrapped for me by none other than the famous (or infamous, depending on your point of view) Ryan P right here on ifish. Best steelhead plug rods ever made!!! I bought mine from a friend in 1986 and they were fairly old when I got them. I still use them occasionally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.