IFish Fishing Forum banner

Electric bicycle,I want one but?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Fish mojo 
#1 ·
Ok I'm not a spring chick anymore and I want to ride a bike when we go camping and fishing the bank of a roadside waterway. I recently started looking at e!electric powered bikes

with fat tires and I think they look like a good choice but there are many to choose from and I have no experience and the reviews are all over the place.

I want something I can throw in the motor home and use, I'm fairly fit so I would only need power assist and I do plan to go offroad. My budget is between 1 and 2 grand per bike and I need one for me and one for wife. We are small people with very minimal padding in our rears so I'm gonna need a comfy seat and she rides like a girl but I still like to hear it up.

I'm sure some young wipper snapper on here has some knowledge in this area so if you could help a young older person out with some advice I appreciate it.

#7 · (Edited)
There is a bike called Trail Viper, made by SRS Motor sports, NOT made by them, but distributed through them, it is a Folding E-bike, for about $1600, BUT I have seen the EXACT bike on Ebay same same same for about $895 a folding bike with different name, I will try and find it.............
I had mine converted from Hub motor to Mid drive Bafang BBSHD...........

you want the highest Watt motor available, better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.

Look up SRS Motor Sports Trail Viper

then Ebay E-Bike Folding bike

#8 ·
My buddy recently got a gig photographing his adventures on E-bikes that were provided by a well known bike manufacturer (they gave him 5 of them to test ride). I plan on riding with him a little later today to check em out. Out of my price range and needs at this point, but I can give you a review after I have had an opportunity to go ride with him.

#10 ·
Keep in mind, they are heavy. Wife and I each got the Costco Genze bikes. Lots of fun and much easier for a couple of 60 + year olds. I did end up getting a better bike rack for the rv where the bikes sit on the wheels instead of frame mount. Don't transport them laying on their side in a pickup bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.