IFish Fishing Forum banner

Returning to IFish

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  frankenfish 
#1 ·
I am a prior member, returning after a long hiatus. We moved to Montana and I drifted (excuse the pun) away, spending the last many years working and fishing in Montana. I previously used to fish with AndyK, but lost track of him over the years and hope to reconnect. We moved back to the area recently, following our kids. I am mostly a fly fisherman. If you fly fish you may have heard of, or may use my indicators, called Air-Locks, jointly developed and owned by myself and a friend, and distributed by Rajef. This is by no means an advertisement, just an introduction and background on me. I am a medical doctor by trade, and am the medical director of a hospitalist department locally. I also am a pilot, and fly a 1973 Cessna 182. So, when I say I fly fish, I really do. I hope to meet some of you and see you on the water.

#5 ·
Welcome back!

Do you know where I might be able to find some of the old plastic model of your strike indicators? I'm kidding. . . kind of :cool:

#8 ·
Cause that's what you do in Montana. Some of the.most fun on some of the best rivers and lakes there are. I have fished quite a few. Plus not too hard to find seclusion but since i haven't been there in probably ten years, that's probably changed. Love it so much, i have 10 acres there.

#7 ·
I have some of the old plastic indicators I will give away. The new ones are actually lighter. I'm on the fence but the new ones are biodegradable, though not quickly! Thanks all for your welcoming me back. I was a flyfisherman before moving to Montana. I love the Missouri, but no salmon or steelhead there. Big browns and rainbows though.

#10 · (Edited)
Guess I'll hafta visit there sometime. Never been. But been within a few miles a couple times.
Wifey lived there for a while as a kid.
Guess I can learn to bust a tip off a fly with the best of them. Have done that before.
Always been pretty much a bait and lure type of meat fisherman.
But those big browns sound dern good. Specially over a camp fire. :meme:
Who says you can't teach an old fish some new dawg trix? :wink:

#14 ·
I have fished Coho on a fly in Puget Sound. In 2017 we were in a cove in Oak Bay and brought 23 to the boat (kept in the water) between the two of us. Of course, we released all but the last 4 hatchery fish. I'll dig through my computer to find some pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.