IFish Fishing Forum banner

Traditional Bowhunting Corner

450K views 3K replies 130 participants last post by  sightsee 
#1 ·
Let this be a general trad thread that we can jaw jack about what we love. So, I'll start with... share some pics of your favorite stickbow.

See less See more
#3,122 ·
Pretty excited to try and fill my extra blacktail doe tag this weekend with the mighty longbow. Awesome weather, lots of deer moving around, time off, shooting great, got several places to apply my woodsmanship skills and hopefully connect on a big spike buck.

Anybody else going out to fill a doe tag with trad gear?

#3,123 ·
I was going to try to fill mine with the recurve, but other hunting trips have really got in the way of keeping up with practicing. I knew my proficiency was not where it needed to be, so I carried my lever-action 45-70 instead. That's trad gear in its own way.

Then I hiked close to 20 miles in the 2 days I had available for hunting, and I never saw a doe I could shoot. I guess I could have been just as unsuccessful with my recurve as with my rifle.

QQ

#3,128 ·
Funny how I don't understand much of what he says but at the same time I understand exactly what he's communicating. Takes a stud Roe buck with vintage trad gear.

#3,129 ·
I love this time of year, it's so beautiful in the mtns and this young man shows what real trad hunting looks like. He misses 3 times on deer.

#3,132 ·
I don't like posting video of modern archery hunts but with late archery blacktail hunt coming up, I thought some of you might enjoy this well edited wheely bow blacktail hunt.

#3,134 ·
Well Sat will be opening day down here for a lot of hunters, hunting different species with different weapons of all kinds. It will be a war zone but that's ok with me, as long as I get to go hunt for rutting blacktails. With all the blow downs and high pressure sunny days it will be tough hunting at the very least for many but that makes it all the better when you do find that special animal that will feed your family. Good luck and post some stories if you see a giant or tag out.

#3,136 · (Edited)
How's your late blacktail buck season going? Seeing any mature bucks chasing does?
Saw some dandy bucks but when I'm not hunting. No shots yet but I start vacation tomorrow so hopefully I can find a mature buck to bring home.

#3,137 ·
I recently got this Bateman tab in size medium. I'm not sure if I'm running it correctly - I've been putting the stitched base of the tab on my fingers between the hand and first knuckle. Feels odd. I'm wondering if I should go up a size? Thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#3,143 ·
No buck this season but I was able to hunt a lot and hunt hard for the entire season. It was a load of fun, many memorable experiences, great exercise, several learning experiences, and several good looking bucks were spotted this season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.