B-10 2003…Whack, stack , don’t look back! - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Archives > Ifish 2003 archives

Old 08-24-2003, 05:13 PM   #1
Fish Hunter
Tuna!

Default B-10 2003…Whack, stack , don’t look back!

Just got back last night from a great trip fishing the Lower Columbia out of Hammond for the last 9 days. Stayed at KOA in my tent. Saw/talked with Fishin XTC,Fishbait, Bobberdown, Saltwater Cowboy, STZII, tailchaser , Chromer, Whalerman, Hogtide and who else? I met some hardcore anglers I bet are on the board.?? Kevin? Harry? How bout you guys that helped with my battery?
Fished with clients for all but two of the nine days. We landed 96 fish during those nine days! Dam that was a fun trip. Fished the river except for the last day when I got outside with FWF1 and his wife Jennifer and my wife Renee.

Highlights were…

-4 clients catching their first salmon ever!

-Landed a great Chinook after it broke off, then tangled with another of my angler’s gear.

-3 doubles on silvers where we bagged them both.

-Averaged 2.67 fish per rod.

-Punched out all four of us Thursday Aug. 21st fishing the river only. The Clark’s always get their fish. We landed 22 fish that day.

-Carefully released many great wild fish. Like this 35#ish Tule.

-Legendary sturgeon anglers Bud and Earl Conner get salmon too.

Had a beautiful day in the Pacific Saturday with Chris, Jennifer and Renee. Sighted a large blue shark finning on top. Jennifer caught a 32# Chinook out there. That was the biggest URB chinook so far. Good fishing with you guys.

It was a great time. The Hammond ramp worked well all week, Saturday being the real backed up day. Folks were treating each other real well. I witnessed no real [img]graemlins/icon_argue.gif[/img] incidents to speak of.

I better get out and do some work, my boat needs some TLC now.

[ 08-24-2003, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Fish Hunter ]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2003, 05:33 PM   #2
Nanook

Default Re: B-10 2003…Whack, stack , don’t look back!

to Jennifer! [img]graemlins/applause.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2003, 06:06 PM   #3
finclipped
Tuna!

Ya, I'm here Jay. Nice to meet you and look forward to fishing with you someday. Nice job on the fish! I knew you were hammering them... Jay was nice enough to trade bite reports, and I can tell you there is no better way of covering all that water down there.

Congrats on the successful trip. I am sure your clients know how hard you are working to get them on fish and many guides are not puting up those kinds of numbers. If anyone is interested in booking a trip with Jay, I can tell you he is a great guide, easy to get a along with and knows his fish.

We'll be talkin.

Kevin
finclipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2003, 06:25 PM   #4
Chris Nordling

FishHunter-

Jen and I just want to thank you guys again for invitng us out for some great action yesterday :smile: , she's still telling stories about that fish (BTW it's up to 34 now )

You just make it all look too easy( you still won't catch me driving anywhere near that red can), I congratulate you again on such a great week.

If anyone is looking to go to B10, and the Ifish guides are busy, I highly recommend FightClub Guided Fishing as a way to relax and pound on a few fish.

Numbers won't tell you how much of a First Class outfit Jay runs.

Until next time my friends....

Chris

Winter Steelhead
Clackamas ,Sandy, and Coast
Spring Chinook
Buoy 10
Sturgeon
(503) 866-0971
http://www.CatchSomeFish.Net
Fisherman's Marine&Outdoor Pro Staff
ClackaCraft Drift Boats Pro Staff

Twitter: @
CNordlingfishin
Facebook:http://tinyurl.com/CNguidefanpage

Chris Nordling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 06:56 PM   #5
HOGTIDE
Tuna!

Welcome home Jay! Hey, mow the lawn and water the petunias....the neighbors are complaining!

Baby, you were HOT down there! Glad to see you were successful. We were only able to sneak down for two days last week. Fishin' was good to us....which only makes it tougher to go to work tomorrow!

A few more days and those big cruisers should be passing by right in front of the house, huh....no more red cans to dodge!!!

John
Old 08-24-2003, 09:14 PM   #6
Bobby Ray
Tuna!

Sweet man!

96 fish, Wow [img]graemlins/applause.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/applause.gif[/img]
Bobby Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 10:45 PM   #7
Fish Hunter
Tuna!

Finclipped=Kevin cool! Was good covering the water with you. You were a big help. Yes let's fish. Thanks guys for your kind words. I lasted 9 days at B-10 without going boat ****! Actually can't wait to get back.
Hogtide for a while there at b-10 every time we looked, you were hooked up!
I aspire to fish the Estuary as successfully as Fishbait and Saltwater Cowboy someday! Too fishy...Steve good luck with those eggs.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:44 AM   #8
tailchaser
Sturgeon

UUUUMMMMMM, I was actually scouting elk and bear hunting all weekend so sorry to say it wasn't me. It was an imposter!! :shocked: Mini-me or something. Looks like you got some nice fish though, better luck than what we had.

tc
tailchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:40 AM   #9
Bobber Down
Steelhead

It was great to meet you Jay and Chris, also congrats on the fish. Let me know if you need anything when your down here next from one of us locals............Bobber Down
Bobber Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:54 AM   #10
SPAZZ
Ifish Nate

Nice job on the fish. Wish i could have been out there.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:15 AM   #11
rags
Ifish Nate

Jay,
Nice pictures and congrats on the successful trip. If anyone is looking for a guided trip I can say go with Jay. He is a first class guy and knows how to catch fish.
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 03:16 PM   #12
Bottom Bouncer

Bottom Bouncer=Don Erpenbach Helena, MT.

Fished the CR going on my third year with Jay. Had another great year. Lots of fish and fun. :grin: Had a great time meeting new people and whacking fish. I would love to go again next year but Alaska is calling my name. I also had the opportunity to fish with Marty Peterson, Greg (Fish Play), and Ricky. We were trying a new netting technique on fish. And yes, there were witnesses. Another great year for me on the CR. I never got skunked so who can ask for better fishing. Thanks again to Jay and Marty for the fun days fishing and to all the friends I met, keep your lines tight.

Buy the way, I could never get that flounder to fry one eye up in the frying pan.
Bottom Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 05:47 PM   #13
Fish Hunter
Tuna!

BB/Don Erp it was great to fish with you. Definitely picked up a few new ideas from you. Like how to catch flounder on salmon tackle. Your not a bad salmon angler for a walleye guy. Your humor kept me rollin almost non stop. Too bad you couldn't collect that 10$ Your all talk! :tongue:
Good luck hunting this fall. Stay in touch.

Tailchaser I must have you confused with one of the other Chasers on this board.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:52 AM   #14
Stz ll
Ifish Nate

Fish Hunter, That was Fishchaser who was down ar Buoy 10 with me. I wish I had known you were staying at the KOA. We were at the KOA also. We could have goten together one evening and told some good fish stories around the campfire.

Maybe next year.

Pete
TEAM BANANA!!
Stz ll is offline   Reply With Quote