What is The Angler's Chapel about? (UPDATED!) - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Angler's Chapel

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default What is The Angler's Chapel about? (UPDATED!)

Welcome all, to the Angler's chapel!

The chapel at Ifish is a place to edify encouragement.

Our personal walks may be much different than anyone needs to know, here. Please try to leave any differences at the door step, and join hands with us as one. It can be done, in this short time we have together!

Phillipians 4.6
Quote:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.
This little forum is based on Christian Faith, of which I personally believe with all of my heart! Many of the people here are of the Christian Faith. If you are another faith, and you are uncomfortable, here, please PM me about it, and I will do what I can to make peace for you. you are welcome, here.

Anyone of any faith is welcome to come here to join us to pray, to ask for prayer, and to join us in encouragement, in sympathy, or in joy, and to simply comfort one another.

If you don't care for the Christian religion, and cannot tolerate it, or wish to fight it, please do not join us, here. The ifish Chapel is just one of many forums on ifish. It's easily avoidable. There are also many other sites for other religions, that you may find more to your liking. This one is just largely Christian.

In my personal life, I have been totally turned off by intolerance, and I will not stand for it, here. I know the damage it can do. Despite my personal beliefs, I will not tolerate discussions on theology. The goal of this chapel is to simply uphold one another.

I first tried to be very open on ifish and I was attacked for that. Then, I decided to turn it into a Christian Chapel, of which the majority here, believe. I was attacked for that, too. I can't win.

Most often, get togethers off site will be based on the Bible, and we will join in prayer. Please know that, so you don't show up and feel uncomfortable with that.

If you are offended by something that is said here, please alert the moderators.
It is this symbol:

Below, and to the left of the post.

This forum is NOT about theology, which can lead to division. We are on ifish to come together because of fishing and hunting. Let us rejoice in our likeness. Ifish is mainly a fishing board, and I do not have the time to run a theology board. I'm a Christian, and I welcome you to our Christian home. I expect that you would respect my religion in my home, and that you would not push your religion or challenge mine, while visiting, here. I promise not to push mine, nor challenge yours, in your home.

However, I welcome you, whatever faith you are, to come to pray for us and with us, but when you are here, as any polite guest would do, I would hope that you would respect our prayer while in the comfort of my Christian living room.

Again, I welcome you here in the comfort of this little place on the internet I call home. It's not that hard. Just take it easy, and lightly. Smile. Be happy. Love one another.

I hope that our Saviour in Heaven looks down at this Angler's chapel and blesses us!

It is my goal to have a place here, that pleases Him.

Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default Re: What is The Angler's Chapel about? (UPDATED!)

I have updated the above, just to make it totally clear that yes, this the Angler's Chapel, at least... is my Christian Home on the internet.

Thank you,
Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Old 07-25-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Default Re: What is The Angler's Chapel about? (UPDATED!)

It seems a couple people still insist that ifish is a church.
We are not a church.
Quote:
In my personal life, I have been totally turned off by intolerance, and I will not stand for it, here. I know the damage it can do. Despite my personal beliefs, I will not tolerate discussions on theology. The goal of this chapel is to simply uphold one another.

Closed Thread