Blazer Trade Rumors - Page 3 - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

View Poll Results: What should the Blazers do?
Trade for a PG? 26 34.21%
Trade for a player like Turkalou? PF 5 6.58%
Trade for both a new PG and PF? 10 13.16%
Surprise us with an unexpected trade? 9 11.84%
Stay pat. No trades? 20 26.32%
Sell team to another city? 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #121
BugSquasher
Tuna!

Default Re: Blazer Trade Rumors

I thought you all would enjoy this piece posted today ...

http://www.columbian.com/article/200.../1001/SPORTS01
HENDRICKSON: Blazers sold on Bayless as point guard of future

Thursday, June 11 | 11:19 p.m.
BY BRIAN HENDRICKSON
COLUMBIAN STAFF WRITER
Nobody seemed sure of what to make of Jerryd Bayless last summer.

Heads cocked when the Portland Trail Blazers selected the explosive scorer from Arizona.

Why take a shooting guard when they already had an All-Star in Brandon Roy?

What about the need for a point guard?

How did Bayless fit in?

But the 19-year-old rookie gave a cold, intense stare on the day he as introduced, and knew deep inside exactly how he would fit.

"I know my natural position is point guard," he said.

And now the Blazers appear to be sold on that future as well.

Because while fans have debated over how Portland could land a lottery-caliber point guard in this month's NBA Draft, or speculated about trades and free agent signings that could anchor their long-term future at that position, the Blazers have quietly invested their confidence in Bayless and structured their summer plans to start refining the raw rookie into their future point guard.

It started this week, when teammate Greg Oden joined Bayless in Phoenix so the two could work out together and start developing their chemistry. And it will continue during next month's summer league, when Blazers coach Nate McMillan expects Bayless to run the team as its full-time point guard.

And training camp? Or the regular season?

The Blazers would have no complaints if Bayless proves ready to grab the reserve spot, and they certainly sound confident that he is capable.

"He just needs to get experience at that," said Blazers General Manager Kevin Pritchard. "He needs to learn how to run the team. He needs to learn how to think the game."

There are still lingering questions if that is in Bayless' game, though. Views have been divided over whether he is Portland's answer at point guard, or if he is a point guard at all.

The Blazers have already burned through several failed experiments, too.

Sebastian Telfair flamed out after two seasons. Jarrett Jack had opportunity plopped in his lap, then threw it into the stands. And now Sergio Rodriguez's future appears to be on the fence as well.

That history has fueled the argument for securing the sure thing before Portland's championship window starts to narrow — a proven free agent, or a can't-miss draft prospect.

But the Blazers are more sold on Bayless than anyone seems to imagine. And he has a year to prove them right.

Because next summer will be a decisive moment for that position. Steve Blake will be a 30-year-old unrestricted free agent, and Rodriguez's rookie contract will expire. That leaves Bayless all alone to slide into the starting role, naturally and uncontested.

And so the challenge has begun. Bayless will be given every chance to prove what he so firmly believes of himself. And while fans toss around their ideas for who would be the right point guard to lead the franchise into its championship window, the Blazers will be watching Bayless intently all summer, wondering if he is the answer.

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #122
BugSquasher
Tuna!

Humm .. Portland interested in the Rudy basher! How do Portland fans feel about that? Won't happen!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=12950

Trevor Has Suitors: The Lakers faithful saw a great series out of Trevor Ariza, who really rose to the challenge both offensively and defensively last night. League sources pointed to Trevor's pending free agency as the biggest problem for the Lakers saying that the Portland Trail Blazers are said to have a lot of interest in Ariza and could be the mechanism to drive up his price tag. Ariza told HOOPSWORLD this week that staying in L.A. was his top priority and that playing with Kobe Bryant meant a lot to him so it will be interesting to see how heavily the Blazers pursue Trevor.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #123
bad habit
Chromer

I for one have full confidence that bayless is the man for the job. and the names mentioned (failed experiments) telfar, blake, etc. they all dont have what bayless does, a fearless mentality, he attacks the hoop. Bayless is a true 2 guard. Imagine what bayless and roy could do on top, virtually having two guards starting will really boost offensive productivity. Next year when the blazers return to the play-offs bayless will shine, bringing a much needed defense at the top. Theres no way teams can now double team roy with bayless on the court, becuz he demands attention, or else he's dunking it on ya. And after he learns the dish game the blazers will be tough to keep up with offensively. GO BLAZERS. Are summer games accessible on the internet?
bad habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #124
mic4fish
Tuna!

Thats a great point about Bayless, You have to love his willingness to go the hoop with a recklessness we haven't seen in a point guard in a long time I love to watch him dunk! But of coerce "failed experiment" here but he still doesn't seem to have a grasp on how to run the team. I was listening to 95.5 the game today and after game 6 of the Houston series Wheels was asked what the blazers need to get out of the first round? His responce was we need another scorer we scored just over 90 points a game for the series could Bayless be that guy? Or Martel? Or do we need to go after a free agent?

Go play outside!
mic4fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #125
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

Let's just say I hope Bayless does good. Are the summer games televised?
MsOutdrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #126
Buck50
Ifish Nate

Today Hedo Turkalo announced he was going to opt out of his extension. Now he's a free agent.
I think that would give the Blazers some of the "toughness" they've been talking about. A 6'10" small forward would help a lot! And you could have Batum off the bench.
I think that would solidify the small forward position for them. That just leaves the starting one guard position and the power forward backup. I feel the rest is good to go.
The off season should be interesting.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #127
Reel_Big_Fish
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck50 View Post
Today Hedo Turkalo announced he was going to opt out of his extension. Now he's a free agent.
I think that would give the Blazers some of the "toughness" they've been talking about. A 6'10" small forward would help a lot! And you could have Batum off the bench.
I think that would solidify the small forward position for them. That just leaves the starting one guard position and the power forward backup. I feel the rest is good to go.
The off season should be interesting.
Hedo is going to want too much $$$$, especially when they need to give Roy and LA extensions, but I like his game. He had a career year, but he was obviously in a contract year too. How many times do you see a player breakout and have great numbers, sign a big contract and then take back seat? He's not quite in the "age bracket" that the Blazers have said they want to stay in...he will be or is 30...but that doesn't rule it out.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #128
bajadan2000
Ifish Nate

The only reason that makes sense to trade Bayless is if they can trade him as part of a deal for a very good proven pg that can take over starting immediately. Otherwise, yes, give Bayless another year to develop and give him a good chance to show if he can become the third scoring starting threat.

Next option is to pick up a high end free agent @ SF or PG to start. Not sure how that works into the long range cap situation?? Does PA care about the luxury tax that will be a factor to build a dynasty???

If there is not going to be a blockbuster trade or free agent signing, then what do the Blazers do in the draft?? Moving up and picking up a decent banging PF to backup LA makes sense. Other than that, the Blazers are loaded with talent, depth, and projects. I just do not see the need, or the players in the draft, to draft another PG, SG, C, or SF project that has a chance to make the team unless they move some players and move up very high in the draft..

KP has soooo many options this year....
bajadan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #129
butwhymalemodels
Ifish Nate

Who is Bayless? Did he play last year?
butwhymalemodels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #130
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by butwhymalemodels View Post
Who is Bayless? Did he play last year?

He did a little but he made some mistakes and you know Coach Nate...you make mistakes..you're on the bench. He's got so much talent to deal with...gotta be hard decisions sometimes. Bayless wants that starter position really bad.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #131
spooledagain
Tuna!

I know this was killed before but after lakers champ win heard that Shaq and Cleveland where in talks but also heard on Radio that Phoenix where also talking to 4 other team Dallas and Portland being 2 of the 4 i am really mixed on this the only thing that I like when thinking of the possability of shaq being in portland is that he can only win championships with an all star player but would he be hurting the team knowing that he is not like he used to be and only be able to give you 20-24 minutes a game and hasn't played a full season in years not to mention that portland is not really a low post playing team and lives by the jumper so we would really be getting him for defensive reasons

Some addictions can't be cured laying on the couch!!!!
spooledagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #132
DTSportsman
Ifish Nate

The only reason i'd sign Shaq is to help Oden along, otherwise he's be taking away too many minutes from the players that we need in the long run. He will command too much money, more than the Blazers pay any of the current players. Sign him as a coach, not a player. 2 years ago i'd have had a different opinion.

Acts 10:10-15, Romans 10:9
DTSportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #133
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

Wouldn't it be cool, tho...Portland hates the Lakers, the Lakers hate Portland (cause we beat em) and the icing on the cake...beat LA in the playoffs WITH Shaq...sweet revenge, eh? Take that, Kobe!!! lol
Old 06-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #134
greenbuttskunk
King Salmon

I don't want shaq and his ego on our team. no way, no how!
greenbuttskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #135
veilside180sx
Sturgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbuttskunk View Post
Seconded...
veilside180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #136
DTSportsman
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside180sx View Post
Seconded...
X3, I don't REALLY want him either but he could show Greg a thing or 2. Heck they just need to get the Enforcer healthy and back on the bench.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #137
mic4fish
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbuttskunk View Post

Thank you.... !

Go play outside!
Old 06-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #138
greenbuttskunk
King Salmon

nope, I'd rather have kobe than Shaq. well,...... almost.
greenbuttskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #139
bajadan2000
Ifish Nate

Even though Shaq could fill a couple of Portland's needs, he does not play a position were the help is needed, which is a big body, low post banging PF.

Rather than try to fit Shaq into some minutes at C, which should go towards Oden's development. If a big distraction type player is acceptable for a year or two??? There is a free agent PF that we could use. He is a very good post defender, can score and run the floor for a big man... Are you sitting down??? The player is Rasheed Wallace.

The Portland second team lineup, if all else stays the same, would be.

Bayless
Rudy
Batum
Sheed
Oden

Heck, this second unit could probably start against a few teams and give the end of the bench playing time, while giving the starting 5 a night off.

Too bad Sheed is such a basket case and sociably unacceptable to return to Portland. Such a wasted talent.
bajadan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 PM   #140
TheHeed
Steelhead

You know there is no way that we would ever get Sheed back. I like him as a player, but the way the team is going, he does not fit in. I think we should try to get Tyler Hansbrough. He is someone who plays hard every play and can shot the ball. I hope he slides far enough or we trade up to get him. Then we can make more moves to get a proven PG
TheHeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #141
Buck50
Ifish Nate

There is no way in HE double tooth pick they spend the money on Shack. He's old and not nearly the presence he once was.
Maybe in a few years as a big man's coach.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #142
BugSquasher
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTSportsman View Post
X3, I don't REALLY want him either but he could show Greg a thing or 2. Heck they just need to get the Enforcer healthy and back on the bench.
Why not bring Shack in and let him play PG? Let him take the technical free throws when we get awarded them? Leave Oden with his minutes at center....

I like the idea of bringing back Sheed .. lets go get Randolf to from Sacro .. ??

Any other bad boys out there .. we could park them all at the end of the bench or something?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:40 AM   #143
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

PS...was just kidding with the "Shaq" scenerio...
Old 06-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #144
leadeyedbugger
Tuna!

In all seriousness, if i was going to look at a point guard i look at Andre Miller or Mike Bibby who are both free agents. I would also seriously consider signing the bird man as he is a free agent also.
leadeyedbugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #145
BugSquasher
Tuna!

Good Article ..

7 Burning Questions Facing The Portland Trail Blazers This Off Season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...his-off-season
Old 06-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #146
Reel_Big_Fish
Ifish Nate

I like the idea of Brandon Roy's "wanted" backup PF...Ronny Turiaf. He's a banger, high energy guy, and can hit that 10-15 foot jumper. Plus he wouldn't require a huge contract. But since he's not a free agent, the Blazers would have to trade for him.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #147
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

NBA Pre Draft Preview...commentors had nothing but praise for Portland. They said that KP is gonna be a busy, busy man on draft day. They seemed to think the best draft picks for Portland at this point would be Sam Young from Pitt and Nick Calathes from Florida. Just a little added info. (they also mentioned Joel as one of the best backup Centers in the NBA..wow,eh?)
Old 06-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #148
BugSquasher
Tuna!

Absolutely no way .. this guy is dreaming .. @!!!!!!

Realistic Landing Spots For Chris Bosh

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...for-chris-bosh

It is with a heavy heart that I now believe that the Raptors should start to do their homework on finding a trading partner for Chris Bosh. Today I would like to stop all of the ‘Bosh for Kobe and 6 first-rounders’ talk i've read elsewhere, quit the dreaming and look at some potential destinations that are realistic, meets teams needs, and as a bonus assist BOSH by sending him to a ‘winner’ *Please keep in mind that we will assume Bosh would be willing to work out a long-term contract with each destination.

1. Bosh to POR for LaMarcus Aldridge, Travis Outlaw, Jerryd Blayless or S.Rodriguez

Why it works: Portland has their own cap issues due to shrewd drafting by their GM, and do not have the cap space to sign everybody. This trade will allow the Trailblazers to improve their PF position with an older veteran that could push to the Western Confrence Finals. The Raptors would do well to make this trade (if it could be done) as they would get younger and slightly more athletic with Aldridge, an ‘athletic slasher’ in Outlaw and either a backup PG in Rodriguez or a potential Ben-Gordon like impact player in Blayless. This would be a trade that would work out for both teams, and if some how we could get rid of that Marcus Banks character then even better but at the root of this trade POR possesses the assets to become better without touching their core players, and the Raptors will be able to increase their team depth\talent levels and addiontally gain some cap space with this trade.

Potential Lineup - TOR
C-Bargnani PF- Aldridge SF-Outlaw\or FA SG- Blayless\or FA PG – Calerdon
Old 06-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #149
Reel_Big_Fish
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugSquasher View Post
I agree 100%!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #150
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

Why on earth would Portland do THAT?
Old 06-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #151
DTSportsman
Ifish Nate

I would love to have Bosch, but NO WAY i'd give up LaMarcus

Old 06-19-2009, 04:21 PM   #152
MsOutdrs
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTSportsman View Post
I would love to have Bosch, but NO WAY i'd give up LaMarcus
My point exactly...
Old 06-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #153
spottedhawk36
Ifish Nate

3 guys that you 100% percent do not give up are Roy, Alderidge, or rudy fernandez.
spottedhawk36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:32 PM   #154
Buck50
Ifish Nate

All said, next Thursday should be intersting. Pritchart does his best work on draft day.
I'll bet it'll be exciting.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #155
mic4fish
Tuna!

Quote:

Realistic Landing Spots For Chris Bosh

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...for-chris-bosh

It is with a heavy heart that I now believe that the Raptors should start to do their homework on finding a trading partner for Chris Bosh. Today I would like to stop all of the ‘Bosh for Kobe and 6 first-rounders’ talk i've read elsewhere, quit the dreaming and look at some potential destinations that are realistic, meets teams needs, and as a bonus assist BOSH by sending him to a ‘winner’ *Please keep in mind that we will assume Bosh would be willing to work out a long-term contract with each destination.

1. Bosh to POR for LaMarcus Aldridge, Travis Outlaw, Jerryd Blayless or S.Rodriguez

Why it works: Portland has their own cap issues due to shrewd drafting by their GM, and do not have the cap space to sign everybody. This trade will allow the Trailblazers to improve their PF position with an older veteran that could push to the Western Confrence Finals. The Raptors would do well to make this trade (if it could be done) as they would get younger and slightly more athletic with Aldridge, an ‘athletic slasher’ in Outlaw and either a backup PG in Rodriguez or a potential Ben-Gordon like impact player in Blayless. This would be a trade that would work out for both teams, and if some how we could get rid of that Marcus Banks character then even better but at the root of this trade POR possesses the assets to become better without touching their core players, and the Raptors will be able to increase their team depth\talent levels and addiontally gain some cap space with this trade.

Potential Lineup - TOR
C-Bargnani PF- Aldridge SF-Outlaw\or FA SG- Blayless\or FA PG – Calerdon

Thats a tough one, I absoululty love Chris Bosh! He could be that second consistent scorer that we need to get out of the first round I like L.A. a lot as well but he can be a little inconsistent at times, but he is still young though and his game is getting better and better! I like Calderon also would shore up the pg situation also.

Go play outside!
Old 06-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #156
Buck50
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic4fish View Post
Thats a tough one, I absoululty love Chris Bosh! He could be that second consistent scorer that we need to get out of the first round I like L.A. a lot as well but he can be a little inconsistent at times, but he is still young though and his game is getting better and better! I like Calderon also would shore up the pg situation also.
Way too high a price.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #157
JustCallMeDave
The Mods Must Be Crazy!

Location: Casting between the waves where dinner lies waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajadan2000 View Post
The player is Rasheed Wallace.
Mr. Whitsitt, is that you?

Good gravy, Wallace is a locker room cancer. Lousy attitude, major headcase, and it would be tantamount to PR suicide here in Stumptown.

Let 'sheed go play for the Raiders or something.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #158
mic4fish
Tuna!

Yep have to agree!

Go play outside!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #159
BugSquasher
Tuna!

PG Rumors ...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=13012

Piece from the article below ..

The biggest decision facing the Blazers is what to do with the roughly $7 million in possible cap space they may have July 1st, and word is the plan is to make a "splash" with an offer to free agent Andre Miller, who according to sources is the top name on their free agent board.

To get a real shot at Andre they may have to open to a sign and trade in the $10 to $12 million range, which is where McMillan may be leading with his "force you to make a decision" comment. The Blazers will also have to start talks with Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge this summer and both could fetch as much as $60 to $70 million in contract extensions.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #160
BugSquasher
Tuna!

Rubio vs Miller?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13019

The Blazers And #5
The Portland Trail Blazers have made no secret of their intention to land a top-tier point guard this summer, and while it's being said they'll make a big run at Sixers free agent Andre Miller, it also appears they're hot and heavy in their pursuit of Rubio. The issue in dealing with the Wizards at #5, however, is that they'll likely to require that any trade include Etan Thomas, who is owed over $7 million next season and has struggled to contribute in any meaningful way even when he's been healthy. It's precisely that type of hang-up that could prevent Portland from moving to grab a rookie point guard and instead send them shopping come free agency.

As it turns out, Blazers head coach Nate McMillan would prefer the free agency route, anyway
Old 06-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #161
BugSquasher
Tuna!

Bulls willing to move Tyrus, Hinrich to Portland?

Doug Thonus on 06.24.09 | no comments |

According to Mark Stein, the Bulls are willing to move Tyrus Thomas and that the Trailblazers are focusing in on Kirk Hinrich.
Chicago, by all accounts, has been increasingly open in its willingness to move power forward Tyrus Thomas. Kirk Hinrich, meanwhile, is said to be prominent on Portland's wish list given the Blazers' growing pessimism about persuading Phoenix to part with Steve Nash via trade and their ability to sign Jason Kidd away from Dallas.
Well Hinrich to Portland wouldn't shock anyone. Chad Ford was discussing the same thing a couple of days ago, so it's possible both rumors are coming from the same source. Still, a deal makes a lot of sense here for both sides.

The Bulls shopping Tyrus also shouldn't shock anyone. Tyrus has been an up and down prospect since his arrival here, and the Bulls have seemed to tire of his attitude and lack of focus at times. My only hope with Tyrus is that he's not given away in a trade and that some value comes back with him.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #162
BugSquasher
Tuna!

So it begins ...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2...pots_aqcu.html

Blazers move up two spots, acquire 22nd pick from Mavs
Old 06-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #163
DTSportsman
Ifish Nate

Quote:
So it begins ...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2...pots_aqcu.html

Blazers move up two spots, acquire 22nd pick from Mavs
I just read this, I guess it's a money saver move, or just the begining of a whole lot more. Not sure how much they could really upgrade by moving 2 spots.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #164
BugSquasher
Tuna!

go check out this blog in Dallas on the trade of picks .. they are freaking out over it .. I couldn't resist so I posted something there to rile them up some ..you can guess my entry by the name I used ..

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ound-pick.html
Old 06-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #165
BugSquasher
Tuna!

I will be disappointed if they bring in Hinrich .. and keep Blake .. makes me wonder what happens to Bayless? I want to see him get a chance.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #166
Snopro
Tuna!

Quote:
go check out this blog in Dallas on the trade of picks .. they are freaking out over it .. I couldn't resist so I posted something there to rile them up some ..you can guess my entry by the name I used ..

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ound-pick.html

Thanks for posting the link. I couldn't help myself.

Those guys are too fired up about moving down two spots.
Snopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #167
Mrdorkfish

Smile Re: Blazer Trade Rumors

Moving up two is nothing and probably just the start of things to come....i'm betting Pritchard has something up his sleeve. Or he's got something of Paul Allen's up his sleeve

Tomorrow is going to be a very exciting day for Blazer fans ! I'll be on my way to Vegas shortly after the draft begins....I guess i'll have to talk the pilot into giving us draft updates on the way over

300levelLou
Mrdorkfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #168
Buck50
Ifish Nate

Good job Bug, kinda fun to rile up those Mav's fans. LOL!!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #169
BugSquasher
Tuna!

had to post this one ...

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...TS&eid=4285489

Sources: Suns agree to send Shaq to Cavaliers

06/24 10:01 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Phoenix Suns are nearing agreement on a blockbuster trade that would send Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland to team with LeBron James, according to two sources with knowledge of the discussions.

The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Phoenix Suns have come to an agreement on a blockbuster trade that sends Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland to team with LeBron James, according to sources.

The deal has been agreed to in principle and is expected to be finalized Thursday, according to sources.

Cleveland will send Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to Phoenix for the future Hall of Famer. Sources said the Suns will also receive the 46th pick in Thursday's NBA draft and $500,000.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:51 AM   #170
mic4fish
Tuna!

Sure got to wonder what K.P. is up to now?

Go play outside!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #171
butwhymalemodels
Ifish Nate

What time does the draft begin?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #172
BugSquasher
Tuna!

4:30 pm pacific I believe .. or there abouts.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #173
bluehewes
Chromer

The Diesel is going to the Cavs.

bluehewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #174
mic4fish
Tuna!

Just heard Vince carter to the magic Richard Jefferson to the spurs, both those teams are going to better got to put the spurs up with the Lakers now.

Go play outside!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #175
Mrdorkfish

Smile Re: Blazer Trade Rumors

Sergio to Sacramento....almost done.....

Lou
Mrdorkfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #176
BugSquasher
Tuna!

Link for rhe sergio trade?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #177
BugSquasher
Tuna!

Kings to acquire point guard Sergio Rodriguez

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...to-acquir.html

The Kings have agreed to terms with Portland to acquire Blazers point guard Sergio Rodriguez in exchange for their No. 31 pick, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. - Sam Amick

man .. he was not worth much was he? Swapped 38th pick for their 31st pick .. added 1.6 million to free agency pool for this summer by getting rid of him.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #178
butwhymalemodels
Ifish Nate

Numbers 22 and 31. Wonder what's going on?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #179
butwhymalemodels
Ifish Nate

Maybe looking for a younger team?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #180
BugSquasher
Tuna!

this draft is boring so far .. !!!! We need a Pritch SLAP!