That was WRONG!!!!!! - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 01:46 PM   #1
TheRogue
King Salmon

Default That was WRONG!!!!!!

blocking off half of downtown Portland, costing the city $100,000+, disrupting commutes for drivers and bus riders alike, just so a bunch of rich Republicans can get a photo op with the President, and raise money for Gordo.

I would've had no problem if it had been a public engagement, where us PEONS could've been treated to "Bask in the President's glow"

Power Trip.

A feral horse is a free-roaming horse of domesticated ancestry. As such, a feral horse is not a wild animal in the sense of an animal without domesticated ancestors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2002, 08:04 PM   #2
24 on/ 48 off
King Salmon

Default Re: That was WRONG!!!!!!

I am a little perturbed at the demostraters who trashed the city, costing thousands in overtime for city public works to pick up their trash.

Oh, and the city will have to pay for a workman's comp injury to a police officer whose wrist was broken trying to hold back those morons.

Bunch of creeps!

--spud-- :smile:

[ 08-23-2002, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: 24 on/ 48 off ]
Old 08-24-2002, 02:29 AM   #3
Dan Christopher
Tuna!

i guess when the x-con (oh im sorry x-pres)used to come to town and do the same that was ok??
at least then you didn't see Republicans thrashing the city like these dorks did this time and every time. protest fine but at least act like a Republican and don't brake things and start fights and throw a temper tantrum like a baby. :tongue:

d =dem
e =empty headed
m =militants
o =over run our
c =city
r =raising
a =are
t =taxes

:shocked:

p.s this was all in good fun,well some of it.

[ 08-24-2002, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: MADWIZERD ]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2002, 12:28 PM   #4
[email protected]
AdminiMom

It's embarassing, dude!
To know that our city is worse than most, when it comes to presidential visits.
What is it about Portland that brings out that kind of reaction?
Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Old 08-24-2002, 08:13 PM   #5
TheRogue
King Salmon

Republicans, Demos, it's all the same. Except, in this case, it was the fat cats getting fatter.

A feral horse is a free-roaming horse of domesticated ancestry. As such, a feral horse is not a wild animal in the sense of an animal without domesticated ancestors.
Old 08-24-2002, 08:30 PM   #6
Dan Christopher
Tuna!

sorry (TheRogue)
i dont think there are the same.
show me one time you has seen Republicans rich or poor act like that.every time i have seen this type of thing the were democrates.if you can show me otherwise please do.tell then i wll say the are not the same.

p.s.
i do like the way we are talking about this nicely though.not always the case.so that makes this board ever greater.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:04 AM   #7
Straydog
King Salmon

Madwizard,

While I agree it is pretty safe to say that the demonstraters were not R's, how do you know they were D's? Did you check their voter registration cards?

My bet is if they are registered at all they are either Independants or Green Party folks.

Also, please understand that the VAST majority of people that showed up to demonstrate at this gig were not the idiots the press has used to make sure the news industry remains profitable.

Wouldn't it be nice if the press would ignore the idiots and focus on the "regular" people that were in the crowd and there to peacfully let the most powerful person in the world know that they may have a differing view than his.....? You know, one of those things that makes our country unique.

I was at his speech in Central Pt. and there were quite a few protesters. My personal contact was limited to my time passing by them on the way out after the speech. It was pretty pitiful and embarassing to this Republican to hear the rude, mean and disgusting comments that people were compelled to throw at the peaceful protesters...... it was disgusting although not violent and dangerous like the "other" side in Portland.

In response to the Rogue's original post, Gordon Smith and our Republican party should be held responsible for every penny of lost commerce due to their dog and pony show in downtown Portland.... at tax payer expense.

BTW, the speech in Medford was touted to "unveil a forestry management plan". It was not that. It was another campaign speech for Gordon Smith and the Republican party set up to take advantage of the devastation that the local fires have brought for the benefit of the R's. Again, ALL at taxapayer expense, clear down to the $10,000 budget a local contractor was given to make the arena look like a forest setting......

The only reason I do not change my party affiliation to Independant at this time is because a few people in the R party have convinced me I can do more good from the inside and because our two party system leaves the Indies out of the process which, by the way, is wrong as well.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:12 AM   #8
Straydog
King Salmon

Madwizard,

One more thing..... there is a Republican likely going to Salem from Grants Pass that, as you said, has never broken anything or hurt anyone that I know of.

However, he has thrown many temper tantrums and acted extremely unprofessional and uncontrolled on several occaisions.

I know, because a one times that he threw up his hands, yelled "LIAR!!" and stomped out of a public meeting, it was the toes of my shoes that were matched against the toes of his at the time....

Gordon Anderson is this persons name.
Old 08-25-2002, 04:29 PM   #9
Dan Christopher
Tuna!

Straydog

i would agree with you on the point that most or i would say half the dorks that acted in this way were Independants or Green Party flakes.but i would bet some, up to half were demacrates lead on the rampage by the others.good point with the rep. you talked about from down south..there are some bad apples in every crowd.i just think there are more on one side than the other.

i would also agree that our two party system sucks but to spend my vote for a 3rd 4th or 5th party is not worth it to me.i may not agree with everything all rep. have to say it far far outweights that of what i agree with the others have to say or beleive.

by the way great post and way to bring some facts to the table to back up your points.rather them calling names like some others like"rich Republicans " but that in it self makes no sense.if all rep. are rich then all dems. must be poor..not so on either side

[ 08-25-2002, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: MADWIZERD ]
Old 08-25-2002, 08:16 PM   #10
Straydog
King Salmon

Wiz,

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for your level headed discussion as well.

I am an admited political junkie and talking with other thinking folks is a treat.

My guess is if we knew the truth many of the flakes that were most distasteful arent registered, don't vote and are basically the ********* of life, if you will. Losers looking for thier 15 min. of fame. Nuke em...

I would assume you are probably right in that there were some D`'s in the front lines but my optimistic, perhaps naive way leads me to believe the actually engaged D's were probably the ones in the third and fourth row deep in the melee.

You're right when you say there are bad apples in all barrels...... my oldest daughter is 19 and will be a sophmore at OSU. One of her summer jobs is with Pepsi and she worked giving free drinks at the President's speech in CP. (the past owner of the local bottling plant is Gordon Smith's campaign manager) Since it was a very hot, smokey day and the line was a half mile long to get in, Katie took bottles of water out to give to folks waiting in line. She handed one "real old guy" (mid 50, ouch!) a bottle of water and he said "that's the nicest thing a Republican ever did for me."....... Well, my daughter is a registered Independant and while somewhat mouthy like her stepdad, she managed to keep her mouth shut... boy she unloaded at home though!

It was good talking with you.... just got off the river, fall fish flopping everywhere but wouldn't bite a thing for this dog!

[ 08-25-2002, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Straydog ]
Old 08-25-2002, 10:06 PM   #11
Dan Christopher
Tuna!

i to am a political junkie .so when i am your gov. some day come on up to the big house and we will spin some yarn.

sounds like a good girl you got there.must have been a good story.

take care

[ 08-25-2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: MADWIZERD ]
Old 08-26-2002, 06:01 AM   #12
TheRogue
King Salmon

In this case, party affiliation was not the issue. I personally would not have had a problem if there was a public speech at PSU, or a tour of government office buildings, or something of the like. HOWEVER!!!!!! This was done for one thing only, to pad the political coffers of a fellow party politician. Many people of that party feel that it's the President right to make trips like this on taxpayer's expense; I, for one, do not.

For the record, I'm a converted registered Dem, but vote conservative on most issues. The only reason I switched affiliations was that with the Republican Party, you're either with them or against them, there's never any middle ground (look at the Rep governor candidate.....Saxon had a much better chance of winning than Mannix does, but Mannix was endorsed by the ultra conservatives). At least in the Dem party, you can be conservative in some areas, and liberal in others, while not getting ostracized because of it!!

kyle

Old 08-26-2002, 06:46 AM   #13
Straydog
King Salmon

I agree Kyle.

I am a moderate R but the party has moved away from that stance.

Yourtake on the ultra conservative part is right on in my view. I worked on Pat Fahey's and Cherryl Walker's campaigns. Cherryl is the incumbent and running unopposed and Pat was running unopposed for Carl Wilson's seat.

The Atkinsons felt Cherryl and Pat were too liberal so rounded up two very conservative people to run against them and the conservatives won.

The sad thing is that Atkinson's had praised Walker for what a good job she had done then went and found someone to run against her. They wanted a closed primary, to boot, but couldn't get the rest of the party to stoop that low.

Wiz, let me know when you run!
Old 08-26-2002, 10:33 AM   #14
chummer
Sturgeon

now i remember why i hate politics :grin:
Old 08-26-2002, 06:09 PM   #15
Dan Christopher
Tuna!

chummer
you hate politics ???? man i could talk politics all year.watch out if you take a ride on one of my boats

TheRogue you said
Quote:
. Many people of that party feel that it's the President right to make trips like this on taxpayer's expense; I, for one, do not.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helv">i would also like to see this type of trip to line pockets paid totally by the party and none by the people.....Clinton and Gore came to town,Bush- quail,same old same old the story is always the same paid by us.but (( both )) party's do it.so Intel laws are changed there is no need to point fingers when they all do it.

i am a moderate Republican and like some of the dems. views on things.but i could never run in that party for i would have to sell out and change my views or lie to get elected.both of which i would never do.

the party is getting to ultra conservative so it does make it hard for a moderate to get in office,but i think this is my place.

Straydog

the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.the dems are getting ultra liberal too.we need some middle men ya know

call me big dan the fishing middle man.

i could run adds on tv, flyfishing while drift boatingdown the rouge river in my cowboy boots and blue jeans....oh wait that's been done

it is nice to talk politics without throwing stones
Old 08-26-2002, 06:46 PM   #16
TheRogue
King Salmon

Clinton and Gore came to town.....and they managed to sneak in a public appearance, to at least give the idea that they were on official business.

Old 08-27-2002, 06:40 AM   #17
Straydog
King Salmon

Madwizard,

You are right..... moderate R is the way for me too.

Actually I will not register for either party if I make a move. I probably won't do anything as I don't want to forego my primary vote and am encouraged by the number and quality of people with like mind down here that are speaking out..... we just got a lot of work to do educating the voters.

My guess is that truth be known, that blue jeaned fly caster had a big ol nightcrawler on the end of that Cortland tippet!!

We need a real fisherman in office..... not afraid to explore new water and new techniques but knows which "old reliables" will always work, knows to "save a few for seed" and has the vision to keep on going even when the odds are down...... when do we start your campaign?

[ 08-27-2002, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Straydog ]
Old 08-27-2002, 07:43 AM   #18
Keta

Dog,
Like I have told you in the past "We need someone between the Clear Cutter/Strip Miner and the Save the Earther" Repbulacrats are all SIPS (Self Interest P. Ricks).

[ 08-28-2002, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Keta ]

Old 08-28-2002, 08:23 PM   #19
Dan Christopher
Tuna!

Old 08-29-2002, 05:14 PM   #20
SandySteel
Ifish Nate

You know I would put myself in the category of liberal democrat. But I really don't think that the folks in this thead have that different of a value system from me. Here is why I am a liberal.
I value a strong community with close ties to your neighbors.
I value hard work and being paid fairly for it.
I value quality education and intellectual curiosity.
I value the natural world and all that is wild in it.
I value strong family ties.
I value freedom.
I value giving those in trouble a hand.
I value open mindedness.
I value everyone lending a hand to make our communities better.
Perhaps our differences don't come from our values but rather from our methods we choose to try to achieve them.
P.S. The troublemakers in Portland were for the most part idiots. They are the same folks I blame for putting Bush in the White House because they voted for Nader. There were a good number of folks in the crowd though who had a beef with the president and tried to go about it peacefully. Just because you want to criticize the president doesn't make you an idiot or crazy or unpatriotic. It makes you an American.

Bush... like a rock... only dumber
Old 08-29-2002, 05:52 PM   #21
Whopper Stopper
Steelhead

I value just what you do. I think it's more of a philosophical difference. Do we let the genorocity of people help their fellow man or do we have the government extort the money from the people because they see it as their job to solve all ills. Do we trust our abilities to make good decisions and act in safe and resposible ways or do we expect the government to force us to be "safe", love our neighbor and not do stupid things. I don't think the founders of our country expected our legislature to enact new laws requiring us to place all children under 60 pounds in a car seat regardless of age. I think they would leave that up to the parents. I will always blindly vote with the party that stands for less government intervention.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:40 PM   #22
Get Bent

Regardless of political affiliation, when a presidents chief reason for being in town is to raise money for a local candidate, then that fund raising candidate should reimburse the city for all costs incurred in protecting the president.

Costs were around $100,000 and Smith was looking to make about a mil on the event. Based upon recent budgetary problems I firmly believe that Smith's campaign could afford this expense more than the City of Portland could. Even when times were better and Clinton was president, whenever he came to town to stump for a local Demo the party should have covered the expenses. It only makes sense.

Personally, I'm less likely to vote for a candidate who freely spends community money for his personal interests. To me this shows bad form, especially in a bad economy.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:49 AM   #23
abercrombie

personally, I think Oregon in general has a bad reputation for harboring all the hippy populace... seems every time theres a controversial meeting somewhere, those vw busses show up and out pop these freaks that haven't washed their hair for years.. I think its a throw back to when they went out back of the barn with the sheep or maybe someone in their ancestry messed with camels or something.. and... PORTLAND is full of these hippy low-lifes! [img]graemlins/icon_argue.gif[/img] There is no reason for anyone to destroy someone elses property during a demonstration... Come, voice your opinion, wave your signs.. fine! but touch someone else, or someone elses property and you've crossed the line.. the first thing that should happen is, get names and remove these people from WELFARE, UNEMPLOYMENT, or any other tax paying fund, FOREVER! The second thing is quite simple, we form an anti-demonstrator/protestor group, and if and when someone steps out of line, you simply BEAT THE *&%$ OUT OF THEM.. sort of like an old military blanket party.. These people have far too much time on their hands.. GET A JOB... they don't do their parts in the community, they don't bring anything into the community that's any good, and they shouldn't be supported by the community...

needless to say, I don't like demonstrators/protestors that get out of line, and would not hesitate to use my gaff on anyone of them!

[ 09-09-2002, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: abercrombie ]
Old 09-09-2002, 11:25 PM   #24
GutshotApe

[QUOTE]Originally posted by abercrombie:
........., we form an anti-demonstrator/protestor group, and if and when someone steps out of line, you simply BEAT THE *&%$ OUT OF THEM.. sort of like an old military blanket party..

Gee, isn't that what the Portland PD already does? :grin:
Old 09-10-2002, 05:48 AM   #25
Straydog
King Salmon

Ha! Good one Gutshot!

Our protesters in So. Oregon were quite polite from what I saw although I had some urges to give a few of the people leaving the speech a lecture on how to show some class.

I was embararrased at some of the crap that was being said with no provocation from the protesters.

I have to say I was also suprised at how "mainstream" most of them looked....
oh, we had our matted hair hippies but the majority looked like regular folk.

Maybe the proximity to harvest time of the some of the best forest products in the state (not trees either) is why our protesters are so mellow!?!?!
[img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2002, 07:04 PM   #26
DanS
Ifish Nate

Yeah, I remember when another group of radical, liberal SOB's went on a rampage and dumped a bunch of tea into Boston Harbor. Those losers should have been shot or shackled or something..........
Old 09-10-2002, 07:33 PM   #27
Eric W.
Steelhead

I don't know what kind of jobs those people have that they can protest @ the drop of a hat, May day, or live in some tree for a few months.

If I called my boss and said I couldn't be in due to "Protestitus", I would be fired.

Maybe these people don't have jobs. I mean other than the tatoo parlor, or the Hemp clothing store??!?!?!

[img]graemlins/icon_argue.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2002, 08:04 PM   #28
GutshotApe

Eric - You got it right. As with the WTO riots in Seattle, quite a few of the protestors were from [img]graemlins/eek13.gif[/img] Eugene [img]graemlins/eek13.gif[/img] and the local counterculture newspaper had ads organizing and setting up transport to Ptld.
GSApe [img]graemlins/program.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 06:22 AM   #29
Straydog
King Salmon

Dan S makes a point worthy of consideration.
[img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 07:44 AM   #30
Keta

Dog & Dan,

They have the right to peacefully assemble not cause malicious damage.

The actions preceding the Boston Tea Party were much more severe than anything these spoiled children (and grandchildren) of 1960's losers have ever experienced.

They are vandals and domestic terrorists!

Old 09-11-2002, 07:58 AM   #31
DanS
Ifish Nate

You say tomayto, I say tomahto.

I'm sure those in Britain that were loyal to the crown didn't think the actions of the British government warranted the tea party. It all depends on your perspective.........

Many have been called no good radicals before. Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Nelson Mandela. In some cases, you need to look at the people who are calling them radicals to see for yourself if they are right.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:36 AM   #32
Keta

How does vandalizing a Starbucks compare to the Boston Tea Party?

Or assaulting citizens?

Or destroying decades of research?

They can vote and they can protest, but they can't torch property and threaten citizens.

If they try to torch my property or "Free" my animals I will exercise my right to be secure in my life and property.

If they behave themselves they have the right to protest.

Old 09-14-2002, 12:46 PM   #33
DF
Sturgeon

ambercrombie I agree!
Get them the heck out of here, all of the hippie protesters mostlikely DON'T have jobs and living on government money.
And all they do is WHINE WHINE WHINE
I would say to them, get a job, pay some taxes, and then you will be allowed to open your mouth. [img]graemlins/icon_argue.gif[/img] Untill then.. shhhhhhhh no talking for you :grin:
Member #545
Old 09-15-2002, 10:39 AM   #34
DanS
Ifish Nate

Quote:
all of the hippie protesters mostlikely DON'T have jobs and living on government money
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helv">Now how the he!! do you know that? That's like saying "he's a druggie drummer in some band, don't listen to him". As if being a drummer, or a hippie, means you can't have an opinion.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:22 PM   #35
GutshotApe

Dan S - Hey thanks for letting me use your Husky flag logo thingy! Being a Husky living down here between Corvallis and Eugene, I like to wave the flag. I've got a small, tasteful "W" in the back window of my car to offset the many, many garish, crass damned-near-fluorescent "zeros" you see in the windows of Duck cars. You can't believe all the dumb rube Duck fans :tongue: and the antics they go thru when one of them spots my "W". What a laugh! :grin:
Old 09-15-2002, 03:37 PM   #36
DanS
Ifish Nate

GSA,

Yeah, that bandwagon is getting pretty big, isn't it?

Nice to hear someone is givin' 'em a little purple in return.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:15 PM   #37
Stew

Quote:
Originally posted by MADWIZERD:

d =dem
e =empty headed
m =militants
o =over run our
c =city
r =raising
a =are
t =taxes

:shocked:

p.s this was all in good fun,well some of it.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helv">So I'm sure Wizerd you'll laugh at this too! :grin:

Greedy
Old
Parasites

[ 09-16-2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Shane S ]

Old 09-16-2002, 09:10 AM   #38
abercrombie

Mr. Dan S..... if the shoe fits, where it! If you truly think these are fine working/voting citizens of the U.S., you are on drugs! Take a look at these people, its not rocket science.. and they don't hide the fact that they are "commune" people. They DO live off your tax money, its called WELFARE. They DO go on these protest runs because they have nothing else to do in their life except mess with the lives of other people, and... there are those withing their ranks that DO destroy other peoples property without just cause! Maybe the Portland PD does DO something about it... "JUSTIFIED"! I too would do something about it... the problem is, there are too many people that just stand by and complain or even look the other way.. how the heck do you think we got here? NOT BY LOOKING THE OTHER WAY! Don't by anymeans get the wrong idea here, I do not go out and bash heads just to be bashing heads... IF someone crosses my line knowingly, or destroys anothers property without justification, I will step up to bat!!!
Old 09-24-2002, 08:17 PM   #39
John

The downtown ******** at the protest were your typical card carring DNC members. Can't remember the last time I saw conservatives downtown acting this way when Dershleke Mister was in town.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:52 PM   #40
John

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha Dano The Boston Tea Party was about being over taxed by an oppressive King, not about not having enough revenue. That is what King John Taxlover says, is it not? I believe the people throwing out the tea would have been conservatives. They were the people that oppose taxes. On the other hand, never seen a tax that a liberal does not like! By the way mister, I know everything about the constitution, and what did you think about my other post on church and state? I do know a little about the costitution and bill of rights. No where does it say that God is unconstitutional. It does however, talk about the seperation of the state and organized religion, and the state not being able to oppress your freedom of religion. Before you show your ignorance do your home work. As usual, you libs try to hide behind the costitution when it is convienient, but when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms you argue louder and more vigorusly then a christian defending God. In fact, your fat trial lawyers try to sue fire arms manufactuers out business. As to the fat cats, lets see 68% of pick up owers voted Bush. While over 70 % of Volvo, Mercedes, Volkswagen, and BMW's voted the Sore Loserman ticket. Then lets look at demographics, Portland, Alemeda, NW, SE overwhelmingly are Demos. These are where the most expensive homes are in the city. Homes that average $350,000 plus. Then lets look where most conservatives are in the state. Lets see Kalamath Falls, Boring, The Dalles. I don't know of too many $350,000 homes in this area, and I do believe most of these people are pick up owners. Now lets look at the fat cats around the country. The most expensive places to live with the most money are overwhelmingly liberals. Let see Beverly Hills, San Franscico, Seattle, New York, Portland. I guess Alabama and Alaska don't make that list, I believe they are considered conservative states. Good Night Now! PS thought you might like to read this.

If you don't understand the Democrat's version of tax cuts
(and you are not alone), this will explain it for you:

50,000 people went to a baseball game, but the game was rained out.

A refund was then due. The team was about to mail refunds when the Congressional Democrats stopped them and suggested that they send out refund amounts based on the Democrat National Committee's interpretation of fairness. After all, if the refunds were made based on the price each person paid for the tickets, most of the money would go to the wealthiest ticket holders. That would be unconscionable.

The DNC plan says: People in the $10 seats will get back $15,
because they have less money to spend. Call it an "Earned Income Ticket Credit." Persons "earn" it by demonstrating little ambition, few skills and poor work habits, thus keeping them at entry-level wages.

People in the $15 seats will get back $15, because that's only fair.

People in the $25 seats will get back $1, because they already make a lot of money and don't need a refund. If they can afford a $25 ticket, then they must not be paying enough taxes.

People in the $50 luxury seats will have to pay another $50, because they have way too much to spend. The people driving by the stadium who couldn't afford to watch the game will get $10 each, even though they didn't pay anything in, because they need the most help.

Now do you understand? If not contact Representative Richard Gephart or Senator Tom Daschle for assistance.

[ 09-24-2002, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: John ]
Old 09-24-2002, 09:48 PM   #41
DanS
Ifish Nate

You know EVERYTHING about the Constitution, John?

I'll just let your brash statement speak for you, oh wise Constitutional scholar.

Hey, maybe HE who knows ALL about the Constitution could get President Bush to nominate him for a position on the Supreme Court. Then we could all live by John's Law and the world would be a swell place.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:42 PM   #42
John

Dan I do not know everything about the Constitution or claim to. You did by stating that the word God was Unconstitutional, and like a typical liberal could not back up your statements. Instead you result to name calling, and make false statements.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:44 PM   #43
Keta

Typical liberal :depressed:

Old 09-25-2002, 05:13 PM   #44
DanS
Ifish Nate

Quote:
By the way mister, I know everything about the constitution
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helv">That's your quote, John. So now you are having trouble remebering the truth, too. So what if I pray to Buddha? If the government tells me I will pledge allegiance to my country 'Under God', then they ARE favoring one religion over the other. The judge agrees with ME, and I'm sure he's far better qualified than you are to test the constitutionality of the pledge.

Typical conserative.

[ 09-25-2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]
Old 09-25-2002, 06:36 PM   #45
Keta

Dan,
Got me there :grin:

Old 09-25-2002, 07:31 PM   #46
GutshotApe

Dan - you're right. And, if I'm not mistaken, the judge who wrote the opinion is a HUSKY!
GSA
Old 09-25-2002, 08:08 PM   #47
Straydog
King Salmon

GSA, Dan,

As a Duck fan forced to become a Beaver believer due my daughter going to OSU, I simply must share the following with you....
:tongue: (btw, it was not too hard being a Beaver believer last Sat!!)

Two boys are playing football at a park in Salem, when a crazed
Rotweiler suddenly attacks one of the boys. Thinking quickly, the other
boy takes a stick and shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it, and
breaks the dog's neck, thus saving his friend.

A sports reporter, who was strolling by, sees the incident and rushes
over to interview the boy. He tells the boy he's going to write the
story and says, "I'll title it, "Young Duck Fan Saves Friend From
Vicious Animal."

"But I'm not a Duck fan," the little hero replies. "Sorry, since we're
in Oregon, I just assumed you were," says the reporter, and he starts
writing again.

He asks, "How does, 'Young Beaver Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific
Attack' sound?"

"I'm not a Beaver fan either," the boy says.

"Oh, I thought everyone in Oregon was either for the Ducks or the
Beavers. What team do you root for?" the reporter asks.

"I'm just visiting my cousin, I'm a Washington Husky fan," the boy
replies. "They are the best!"

The reporter smiles, starts a new sheet in his notebook, and writes:

"Little Redneck From Washington Kills Beloved Family Pet."
:grin: :grin:
Old 09-25-2002, 08:12 PM   #48
DanS
Ifish Nate

Look, I'm not trying to say that my opinion is the right opinion.........I'm saying that there is more than ONE opinion and there is plenty of room in this country for multiple opinions.

When you consider your way the only way, then you're considering youself way too important. If you respect my beliefs, I'll respect yours..........and we'll all be way ahead of where we would be if we believed our way was right for everyone.

No hard feelings...............

PS: VERY funny joke, Straydog. If you spelled your name Straydawg, I'd like you even more. :grin:

[ 09-25-2002, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]
Old 09-25-2002, 09:34 PM   #49
John

Dan my confused fellow fisherman, that line was directed at you. Next time I will make it more clear for you. You are the one that stated I should take my conservative uncle off my Avatar. I was just trying to point out that the word God is not unconstitutional. Somehow I have been called uncostitutional, a homophobe, and other not such nice names for rebutting to your arguement that conservatives have no family values. When pointing out several liberal views that I find poor family values, you resort to name calling and stereo typing me. I never once posted about gays and the Boy Scouts, you and your fellow liberal Rogue did. This is typical for Liberals, you guys take what I post and write it out of context. Then you make me out to be some kind of ****. This is a written play in the Demo handbook. But, do I believe that gay men should be leading young boys into the woods alone? No I don't. Do I really care what you do in the privacy of your own home? No I don't. Heck, I really don't care if you smoke dope, have sex with men, or do what ever the heck you liberals like to do. I must go now, but the I will return another night to debate you and your fellow liberals!

[ 09-25-2002, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: John ]
Old 09-25-2002, 09:47 PM   #50
John

Also, Dan my misguided fellow fisherman, Yes Budda would be considered a God as well. Alla would also be a God, and Native American Earth Gods would be considered a God or Gods as well, that is by the Webster dictionary. The word God is a higher power or a supreme being or something greater then man. No, I do not go to any church, but I was raised with Christian values, Adventist to be exact. I feel that it did me good, and my friends as well.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:48 PM   #51
DanS
Ifish Nate

Confused? You looking in the mirror John?

It says "one nation, under God" NOT "one nation, under a God". Try again, oh confused one.

If that's your take of what happened in this thread, then I'm through discussing anything with you. Good riddance.

[ 09-25-2002, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]
Old 09-25-2002, 10:04 PM   #52
John

Hey Dan, look it up in the Dictionary. Once again your high intelligence shines through!
Old 09-25-2002, 10:09 PM   #53
John

By the way, if you wish to go on so be it. I will debate you till the end of time if need be. I will keep hitting the home runs out of the park. What is it you wish to talk about Gun Control, Taxtation, Marxism in general. Or do you wish to keep gettin takin out to the wood shed, and show your ignorance of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. By the way do you even have a job or are you simply riding on the backs of us other hard working people.

[ 09-26-2002, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: John ]
Old 09-25-2002, 10:11 PM   #54
John

Oh let me guess now, you are going to resort to your name calling and stereo typing.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:14 PM   #55
John

God in the meaning ,my fellow evil genius, Does not state that it is one particular type it is a higher being. I guess what you are stating is that Budda is not a higher being? I think most Buddist would disagree with you .
Old 09-25-2002, 10:15 PM   #56
John

Hey Dan I am still wating for your all knowing reply!
Old 09-25-2002, 10:26 PM   #57
John

Yes Dano the Pledge does say one nation under God. If it stated a specific God then you might have half of a leg to stand on but it does not. It is a general statement. But with your superior intellect you continue to shoot your self in the mouth. Please don't post anymore dum statements you only make yourself look worse.

[ 09-26-2002, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: John ]
Old 09-26-2002, 04:06 AM   #58
John

Hey Dan, are you up yet or maybe your lazy Liberal behind smoked a little to much dope last night. Or maybe you fornicated to late. I'll deal with you later, looked into the miiror latell Dan. Ever wonder why a 28 year old small business owner continues to take you out to the wood shed? Hey boy, what have yo u done productive so far today? Wonder why the so many in the country today don't have any morals look you self in the mirror
Old 09-26-2002, 07:08 AM   #59
Straydog
King Salmon

Dear John,

Your comments and nasty attitude clearly illustrate why I and so many like me are fed up with the Republican party and the "new conservative" attitude as we are.

As a sincere suggestion, leave the in your face, mean spirited rants to Lars and Rush.

You clearly do not have the intelect to mimic those that are least somewhat entertaining at times.

You are nothing but boorish and embarassing. :blush:

The good news is, at only 28, there is still a chance you could grow up.

Good luck.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:52 PM   #60
[email protected]
AdminiMom

Sounds like this thread is going nowhere.
Time to take it to e mail if you must...
I have had too many complaints on this one.
Closed.
Run along now...
Jen

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”

Closed Thread