SILVER LAKE water levels, Crappie report (300) & Bass report (13) - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 10-03-2019, 04:37 AM   #1
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

Default SILVER LAKE water levels, Crappie report (300) & Bass report (13)

So good news with all the rain we have got as of late. The lake levels are only a little low and not bad at all! So that's great news for the fall crappie fishing!!!
I drove my boat on plain through the shallow entrances to the canals for fun but came out at idle speed.

The crappie are all over and blue gill too. I go 50 crappie under the dock light at Silver Lake Motel & Resort at night and between the boards on the dock in the afternoon.

But the best crappie news is … THEY ARE IN the Streeter's Canals. I got over 200 Wednesday afternoon (I fished around three or four hours). I found best numbers were on the edge of the canal near the brush or pads. and down by Silver Cove office!!!! Not tons of keepers in the canals yet but they could really be slacked in the canals next weekend. It's Time to plan a trip to Silver Cove resort (360-967-2057) or even Silver lake Motel & Resort (360-274-6141) It's time to grab the kids and head up! You could expect to land 400 -600 crappie a day right now and it is only going to get better!

Now for the Bass Report. The Big fish are not red hot right now but will be very SOON. I had a fun day at Silver Wednesday. I got 7 bass over two pounds (in the first 40 minutes) and my biggest bass was just over 3 pounds. I ended up with 13 bass for the morning. The bass are SHALLOW and on the rocks! The lures that worked best were Bandit crankbaits, the Ned Jig, 3" banjo minnow. I did not touch a fish on top water but I did not spend a lot of time with top water. Also some 4 - 6 pound fish have come in this week on Spinner baits. I fished pads and brush and only got a couple small bass. The bite is 80% near first light!!!!! you have to work for the bass after than. I look for shade to stretch the morning bite out after the sun is on the water. The green boat house area was my best area.
This time of year an early start helps with making longer runs on the lake early. But soon after that the fog slams down and it makes it more tuff to move around safely. That's another reason for getting on the water in the dark just before first light!!! You ever see a fog rainbow? A white rainbow(no color)?
I ran in to several old fishing buddies and got a chance to catch up. This was one of my most enjoyable trips this year! The big bass should be lighting it up soon!!!

Last edited by ExBassGuide; 10-03-2019 at 04:56 AM.
ExBassGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
shin09
Steelhead

Default Re: SILVER LAKE water levels, Crappie report (300) & Bass report (13)

Thanks for the report! I was hoping to take some new people out there next week or so and was hoping to have some reports first.
shin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #3
duckslayer
Tuna!

Thanks! Almost went yesterday, but got lazy and watched football instead. I'll have to head out in the kayak after work.
duckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

I'm headed up Wednesday! I will report!
Roger
Old 10-07-2019, 06:09 PM   #5
shanem
Tuna!

Hopefully the keeper sized crappie are in. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2019, 06:57 AM   #6
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

Talking Re: SILVER LAKE water levels, Crappie report (300) & Bass report (13)

I got my limit last week of 10 crappie over 9 inches.
It will be near freezing over the next 4 nights. So the fish should be flying into the Canals! Hoping for a monster bass Wed. Morning
Old 10-08-2019, 08:18 AM   #7
shanem
Tuna!

That’s great to hear, I may have to run up there this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #8
Merganser99
Tuna!

Report for 10/14. Two of us got 60 - 70 in about 3 hours. If we had been keeping fish, we would probably have gotten limits. Switching to a larger jig part way through the day produced larger fish and eliminated the occasional perch we were getting.

There weren't too many people out - I would guess about 6 from the bank and 10 from boats. Everybody was catching.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #9
shin09
Steelhead

Fished the canals from the kayak yesterday. Lost count but got over 40 in 6 hours of fishing (10 to 4). with a couple yellow perch, sunfish and LMB thrown in.
shin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:22 PM   #10
duckslayer
Tuna!

Epic fishing today from the kayak. Limit of crappie and a couple bluegill. Both yellow and pink trout magnets were on fire. There were very few casts I did not hook a fish. Started around 8:30, finished around 11:45. Caught probably 150+ fish

Last edited by duckslayer; 10-20-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:35 PM   #11
emora
Chromer

Thanks for the report. I'm keeping my eye on them because we have a family camping trip there 1st weekend of November. We'll be fishing the canals at the resort. How far down from the bobber did you have your trout magnets? I usually set ours between 18"-24". Thanks.
emora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:42 PM   #12
duckslayer
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emora View Post
Thanks for the report. I'm keeping my eye on them because we have a family camping trip there 1st weekend of November. We'll be fishing the canals at the resort. How far down from the bobber did you have your trout magnets? I usually set ours between 18"-24". Thanks.
Don't measure, but yeah, I'd say in the 20" range, slow retrieve with some tiny twitching. Fish were all areas of the canal.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:30 PM   #13
hm1ing
Steelhead

The Crappie are slowly returning...along with the boats in the canals pushing the bankers out.

Don't shoot the messenger, but It amazes me how the little area accessible to bank fisherman are filled with boats that will cut them off; when a little respect to hang back and fishing the area's bank fisherman can't.

This post is for consideration, although you might think it is a rant. I take disabled people with me, to enjoy something most have not done in years. Be mindful of the areas you choose to fish not the area's you can.
hm1ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:01 PM   #14
duckslayer
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hm1ing View Post
The Crappie are slowly returning...along with the boats in the canals pushing the bankers out.

Don't shoot the messenger, but It amazes me how the little area accessible to bank fisherman are filled with boats that will cut them off; when a little respect to hang back and fishing the area's bank fisherman can't.

This post is for consideration, although you might think it is a rant. I take disabled people with me, to enjoy something most have not done in years. Be mindful of the areas you choose to fish not the area's you can.
I try to steer clear of bank fishermen when in my kayak. When I was out Sunday all the bankies were on the resort side so I fished the other side. The fish all move to certain areas, so that's where the fishermen will congregate as well. Could I go back around the corner toward Streeters, ya, but there are FAR fewer fish there so why would I? The resort guys could also wrap all the way around down past the cabins, but you rarely see it, why, because there are fewer fish there.
What I think is funny is the bank guys trying to cast as far as they can toward the middle of the canal when there are literally thousands of fish right in front of them and right on the edge of the lily pads. 98% of the fish I caught Sunday were at the lily edge. If people would fish right in front of them there would be less "space invasion". I really don't care if people cast near me, there's fish all through there, if you hit me, then we may have problems. As I was leaving Sunday I gave a few trout magnets that were working great that day to a couple gentlemen that were just arriving, I want everyone catching fish.
Fishing is supposed to be fun, don't get worked up too easily. If you see me in a tan Emotion Stealth Angler yak say hi, if you're struggling for some reason and I'm catching, I'll likely toss a few of the hot jigs that day your way.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:42 AM   #15
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckslayer View Post
I try to steer clear of bank fishermen when in my kayak. When I was out Sunday all the bankies were on the resort side so I fished the other side. The fish all move to certain areas, so that's where the fishermen will congregate as well. Could I go back around the corner toward Streeters, ya, but there are FAR fewer fish there so why would I? The resort guys could also wrap all the way around down past the cabins, but you rarely see it, why, because there are fewer fish there.
What I think is funny is the bank guys trying to cast as far as they can toward the middle of the canal when there are literally thousands of fish right in front of them and right on the edge of the lily pads. 98% of the fish I caught Sunday were at the lily edge. If people would fish right in front of them there would be less "space invasion". I really don't care if people cast near me, there's fish all through there, if you hit me, then we may have problems. As I was leaving Sunday I gave a few trout magnets that were working great that day to a couple gentlemen that were just arriving, I want everyone catching fish.
Fishing is supposed to be fun, don't get worked up too easily. If you see me in a tan Emotion Stealth Angler yak say hi, if you're struggling for some reason and I'm catching, I'll likely toss a few of the hot jigs that day your way.
Great job of helping out others! You are a good ambassador for the sport!
Good report too! Thank you!!! (Did I run in to you at Silver this Saturday in your yak?)
Roger
Old 10-29-2019, 09:01 PM   #16
duckslayer
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExBassGuide View Post
Great job of helping out others! You are a good ambassador for the sport!
Good report too! Thank you!!! (Did I run in to you at Silver this Saturday in your yak?)
Roger
I wasn't there this last weekend. I will be there this Saturday though with a few guys from work who have never caught panfish before, should be fun!
Old 10-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #17
emora
Chromer

I’ll be there all weekend camping and fishing with the family. I’ll be the one with the white pointer with brown spots with me on the bank.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #18
emora
Chromer

Saturday was definitely slower than I remember but somehow managed to bring home 18 keepers from 4 rods. Could’ve brought more but C&R’ed Sunday morning. And once again my little girl threw more in the cooler than the rest of us. That makes it about 5 years in a row. Good weather and great times. If you can fix my pic, that’d be great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4D17DA7B-128A-4521-B324-ECB166B9C1D1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	733465   Click image for larger version

Name:	4158EB24-920A-4331-9FDA-CA383CE4C1FC.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	733467  
Old 11-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #19