Boat in tow but the lake is closed!!! - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 11-29-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
CBR
Steelhead

Default Boat in tow but the lake is closed!!!

I just pulled up to Henry Hagg to find the lake closed early for the season and won't open until March.

I really need to get after some fish, any recommendations for the cold wet months on a boat?

CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #2
stupenny5
Tuna!

Default Re: Boat in tow but the lake is closed!!!

green peter or foster, detroit ?
stupenny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
CBR
Steelhead

That's 2.5 hours from me. I live in beaverton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #4
hunt-n-fish
Cutthroat

Talked to some workers at C Ramp Wednesday. He said A Ramp is open for limited use. Didn't say for how long.
hunt-n-fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
mkwerx
Ifish Nate

According to the parks people - Hagg Lake is closed to fishing. The county and ODFW couldn't get on the same page - and not even all the county agencies responsible in some way for the lake were on the same page. It was very close to the end of the season before all the deputies who patrol the lake said it was closing per the regs last week.

I emailed ODFW over a month ago asking about Hagg's year-round status, and have not heard a peep back from them. Rumor (and that's all it is at this point) has it that the 2015 regs will also show Hagg being open March - November, so it may be 2016 at the earliest before it is open year round.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
CBR
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwerx View Post
According to the parks people - Hagg Lake is closed to fishing. The county and ODFW couldn't get on the same page - and not even all the county agencies responsible in some way for the lake were on the same page. It was very close to the end of the season before all the deputies who patrol the lake said it was closing per the regs last week.

I emailed ODFW over a month ago asking about Hagg's year-round status, and have not heard a peep back from them. Rumor (and that's all it is at this point) has it that the 2015 regs will also show Hagg being open March - November, so it may be 2016 at the earliest before it is open year round.
I caved after driving all the way to Hagg with the boat in tow, I took it home and dumped it in the garage and then hit the the Clack to try and catch a coho or steelhead... Not a nibble.

I need to find a good bass lake within 1.5 hours to the Beaverton area. Any suggestions? Would gladly take you on the water to show me the spot.

This move is taking its toll...
Old 11-30-2014, 01:40 AM   #7
mkwerx
Ifish Nate

I haven't fished it yet - but Lake Lytle over in Rockaway looks promising. It is literally right off hwy 101 - 20 minutes north of Tillamook. It's open year round, small body of water, but supposed to have bass and panfish in it, plus trout. There is a boat ramp.

If I can get my boat and trailer work finished before Hagg opens up - Lytle might be the place for her maiden voyage. I'm sort of in the same boat as you - looking for a lake within a hour to hour & half drive of the metro area, preferably not in Washington so I don't have to shell out for an out of state fishing license for up there. There's a couple other smaller lakes on the coast - Cullaby and Sunset lakes near Warrenton, and Cape Meares lake near Tillamook that offer some bass fishing. There is theoretically a launch on the later, not sure about Sunset or Cullaby. No dock on Meares, just a dirt/gravel ramp right off the road. Never seen a boat actually on it, and not sure if power boats are allowed or not?
Old 11-30-2014, 05:26 AM   #8
ExBassGuide
Ifish Nate

The best bass lake within 1.5 hours is Silver Lake in Washington state.
Hope this helps! It is NEVER closed!
Roger
ExBassGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #9
flatman
King Salmon

those lakes have put ins that work best for small boats as they are mostly shallow at the ramps. all have some bass and a few decent sized ones but not enough in my op to make a long drive for them.
flatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #10
CBR
Steelhead

I think I need to get out on a lake. How is fishing on silver lake in the winter?