Shimano Bantam BMP-250SM Mark Plus Speedmaster, line size, & owners manual ? - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > iFish Sponsors > Shimano, G.Loomis, Power Pro Product Support

Old 11-09-2015, 09:11 AM   #1
bea413
Fry

Default Shimano Bantam BMP-250SM Mark Plus Speedmaster, line size, & owners manual ?

Just acquired this reel on a 9 ft Cabela's fish eagle from an estate sale. I tried casting a few times in the yard and it casts like a dream with some light 8lb est, monofilament on it.. I could not force it to get a backlash (myusual problem with open face bait casters). Amazing! Retrieves are smooth and fast. I decided I should put new line on in before using it, so I put on some Berkley nanofil 17#...which I had, and now I cant cast very well at all which brings me to my question.

What would be the recommended max line wt and type of line for this reel and how much do you put on? Do you just fill to the edge of the spool?

I am wondering if maybe 12 to 15 lb mono might work well on r
this reel, or can I go even heavier?

I did find a schematic for this reel on line but I cannot locate an owners manual to check on line recommendations. Could someone help me find an owners manual for this reel? This model must have been lower volume production as I don't see too much about it on line???

One last question, Is this reel adequate for steelhead? Or should I just use for trout and kokanee?

Thanks for your help.

bea413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement