Cullaby Lake Report - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 07-30-2001, 11:11 AM   #1
Tanner
Sturgeon

Default Cullaby Lake Report

Went and pre-fished Cullaby on Saturday. Slept in and didn't start fishing until around noon. Fished Jig and Pigs - Nothing.
Spinnerbaits - Nothing. Weedless unweighted tubes - Nothing.

Got the bright idea to skip some of the unweighted tubes around on the lilly pads - Fish On. My son put on a big weedless frog and threw it right into the thick of the pads - Fish On. Big Bass rolling on the other side of the lake in open water so we ran over there and started throwing buzz baits - 5 lb fish on, two others tried for my buzz bait but missed, one of them came completely out of the water, it had to be at least 6 lbs. Topwater bite started at around 4:00 in the afternoon. It was overcast most of the day but we did have sun from Noon to about 2:30. Topwater bite was while it was lightly raining.

Advertisement