Fishing plastics - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 04-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Jackandkoke
Steelhead

Default Fishing plastics

I have always been a spinner fisher but last year i got some plastic worms and grubs. I cant seem to catch anything with them anywhere. Where is somewhere to learn to fish with them? Thanks. pms ok

Jackandkoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
kill2hunt
Tuna!

Default Re: Fishing plastics

SLOW and LOW. cast in or near structure or where you think the fish are and let it hit the bottom. wait a good 5-15 seconds before bumping your worm letting it sit motionless before every time you move it as well. i really like dropshotting finess worms like robo's. with dropshotting you can get lots of movement in the worm by just shaking your rod tip without actually moving the worm. but there isnt really one way to fish them best, it changes alot sometimes daily. just remember to drop your rod when you feel the tap of a bite before setting the hook.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
surfin cowboy
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill2hunt View Post
SLOW and LOW. cast in or near structure or where you think the fish are and let it hit the bottom. wait a good 5-15 seconds before bumping your worm letting it sit motionless before every time you move it as well. i really like dropshotting finess worms like robo's. with dropshotting you can get lots of movement in the worm by just shaking your rod tip without actually moving the worm. but there isnt really one way to fish them best, it changes alot sometimes daily. just remember to drop your rod when you feel the tap of a bite before setting the hook.
also, watch your line. a lot of the time a fish will pick it up and swim off with it and you dont feel it. the minute i see my line moving, i drive it home. good luck.
surfin cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
kill2hunt
Tuna!

good call