Any salmon success out of garibaldi today? - www.ifish.net
Leave no Dog Behind

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Salty Dogs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
CabinFever
Cutthroat
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 42
Default Any salmon success out of garibaldi today?

Crossed the bar at five this morning. Dumped the crab pots and ran north to about 160 feet of water off of twin rocks. Started trolling out and fished everywhere we normally do for coho. Nada. We did end up picking up a hatchery chinook of about 18 pounds about an hour in to the day. but that was the only bite we had. Fished for only a few hours with not many other boats around. Noticed the water was 46-48 degrees most of the day. Ran out searching for warmer water but couldn’t find anything higher than 51 degrees around the 260 FOW. Found a good rip in the 51 degree water and fished it for the last hour of the day. It looked perfect, can’t believe nothing was there. Enjoyed the chinook and twenty keeper crab, but was bummed not to find any coho. Did anyone find any coho out of garibaldi today?

CabinFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #2
PDXanglr
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 169
Default Re: Any salmon success out of garibaldi today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
Crossed the bar at five this morning. Dumped the crab pots and ran north to about 160 feet of water off of twin rocks. Started trolling out and fished everywhere we normally do for coho. Nada. We did end up picking up a hatchery chinook of about 18 pounds about an hour in to the day. but that was the only bite we had. Fished for only a few hours with not many other boats around. Noticed the water was 46-48 degrees most of the day. Ran out searching for warmer water but couldn’t find anything higher than 51 degrees around the 260 FOW. Found a good rip in the 51 degree water and fished it for the last hour of the day. It looked perfect, can’t believe nothing was there. Enjoyed the chinook and twenty keeper crab, but was bummed not to find any coho. Did anyone find any coho out of garibaldi today?
Great report, thanks! Mind telling us the depth of your dear when you hooked into the chinook?

I'm hoping to be out late next week and/or weekend.
PDXanglr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:05 PM   #3
CabinFever
Cutthroat
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 42
Default Re: Any salmon success out of garibaldi today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXanglr View Post
Great report, thanks! Mind telling us the depth of your dear when you hooked into the chinook?

I'm hoping to be out late next week and/or weekend.
Ya I think we were around 215 feet of water. I was running divers and herring. The chinook bit the back rod which was at 31 on the line counter.
CabinFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-29-2020, 07:14 AM   #4
PDXanglr
Steelhead
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 169
Default Re: Any salmon success out of garibaldi today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
Ya I think we were around 215 feet of water. I was running divers and herring. The chinook bit the back rod which was at 31 on the line counter.
Great, thanks!
PDXanglr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Cast to



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:53 PM.

Terms of Service
 
Page generated in 0.29659 seconds with 18 queries