IFish Fishing Forum banner

Karma is a petunia and she will get you

10K views 71 replies 29 participants last post by  DogZilla15 
#1 ·
Note to the person that removed our blind from the water hole at 11:00 on Saturday
And then move it 100 yards out in the sage. Did it make you feel good to cut the tie
down strings? Or did you not know how to untie a knot.
We were camped on the hill and saw you do it, at first we thought you were going to
Steal it (that is why I got out the spotting scope and took down your license plate number)
Then you only moved it 100 yards, I guess you showed us who was boss. I really wanted to
Come down and confront you but it probably would not have turned out good for one of us.
I would hope in the future that you think about what you are doing, the next time you may
Not find someone that is as easy going as we are. My friend killed a nice goat that morning so
maybe we were just in a good mood….lol

ps. We got a really good photo of you on the trail cam.

Karma is a petunia and she will get you

See less See more
#48 ·
I know many years ago when I had the Hart Mountain tag there were a few individuals that put more than one blind up at different water holes. Hunt one on opening morning and if it did not pan out move onto the next one the next day. With limited water holes at times that becomes a problem. I hope that is not happening these days but I would not be surprised that it is still going on.

#49 ·
Hart and Sheldon have a one blind limit. BLM does not, but probably should have a one or two blind limit. I've hunted Hart, Sheldon, and BLM. The refuges have much less chaos than BLM. DS

#52 ·
Thanks for the clarification Kasey.

The one blind per rifle/bow/hunter should be the limit state wide no matter who controls the property as long as the public has access. Private excluded with owners permission. All blinds should be tagged with the persons name and contact info, where it is visible on the outside. Blinds made from natural materials would be exempt.

Maybe it should be illegal to place portable blinds within 100 yards of water holes? Especially in rifle season. Maybe prohibited altogether in rifle season?

#55 ·
I don't have a steak in the game but what if a guy has a spot and he is not there in his blind or stand and it's the only tree or Bush? Are you to move on and not hunt? I think pak in pak out each day. I know that may not work for goats but it seems fair. I wouldn't leave my stand on the only tree or next to the only Bush unless I was certain there weren't other hunters in the area. Common courtesy I think prevails

#56 ·
Issues over waterhole crowding has cost Idaho bowhunters a lot of antelope opportunity, be careful what you wish for. On most BLM land, you can't dig pit blinds or build permanate, they strongly recommend pop ups. Law in Idaho is if you place it on public land, then anyone can use it. IMO, you would have to be a real Richard to use someone else's blind, but it can happen.

#61 · (Edited)
Why wouldn't it be more courteous to pack your stand or blind in and pack it out when your done rather than squat on a spot. I have used a tree stand now and then and when I'm done rather than leave it chained to the tree I take it down and stash it, or pack it out That way if sombody else shows up or I have a change in plans they can hunt that spot.

I have hunted a lot of states over the past years and i will say Arizona is the worst. A stand in every tree over water and not once did I see a guy on stand. Had I been wanting to stand hunt the ideal spots (considering wind and shot angle) had been taken most times. It wouldn't be uncommon to see 3 or 4 stands.

Personally I'm more prone to removing my gear and try and leave no trace of my presence.

#67 ·
I do NOT feel the same way about camp spots. I would expect to see tents, or RV's in those designated or other wise "legit" areas.

Claiming a spot over a water hole (which I assume most of this stems from) is a specific spot some would like to be.
For one person to expect that spot to your self seems a little unrealistic unless of course like others have mentioned you are first on point.

Off topic but nothing gripes me more than going for instance to a ball game or rodeo and people have put blankets down to save rows of seating only to see others not able to sit down. If you aren't there it's not your spot.

#66 ·
If you find a blind or treestand on public and it is not yours and you use it, you are taking a chance on creating an experience that you may not wish to have. A few years back I remember a news story about someone finding a decomposed body pinned to a tree with an arrow in a tree stand. The dude had been missing for quite some time.

Remember that actions have consequences. You may get yourself into a situation you did not expect and you can't get out of. You better be ready to handle what comes your way if you create that situation.

#68 ·
I don't know how much archery antelope hunting at water some of you have done, but there are crystal clear rules, plus there is such a thing as etiquette, and respect for your fellow hunter. There is a deadline of how many days in advance you can set your blind. For you guys just DYING to show how well your Mtn opps of have kicked-in, and want to race to the spot to get there first and beat your fellow hunter, THIS is the time. Setting your blind first is the time to flex and take selfies and add hashtags with your flat brimmed hat, NOT a week or 10 days after someone else actually did the scouting, and setting the blind on time, and then you beating them to their own blind and the waterhole they so carefully scouted. Once the blind is set, its vitally important for everyone to know their blind isn't gonna get messed with. Can you legally go sit in someone's blind on BLM property? YES! But that just shows that you didn't do the work, and it says a ton more about you that can't be written here. There are tons of things we do for each other in society that are outside of written law. We sacrifice when we do it for others, and we benefit when others do it for us. Thank GOD we don't live by laws alone; there couldn't be enough of them. The more morons there are in the world, the more laws we have to make unfortunately. Reading all this, I'm guessing we will need new laws about groundblinds and treestands, trail cams, and quads parked on BLM so thanks for that lol. DS

#70 ·
Maybe this is just the way I am, but if I have my one blind setup and I show up an hour before light, and you're sitting in it. I would immediately take it down and retrieve my chair and whatever else was mine. Then I'll put it back up 10 feet away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.