Got a beef with community hole walleye fishermen - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 11-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
BrushApe
Tuna!

Default Got a beef with community hole walleye fishermen

Due to my sons accident this summer I have not been able to get out much for walleye. Then they closed the river to salmon and steelhead which increased walleye boat pressure. Last two times I have made it out fishing has been tough and most of that I attribute to idiot boat traffic.

Guys, when you complete your pass through the walleye community hole slots, don't just motor back up on plane through the middle of the drifts! Please go around to the middle of the river in deeper water to start your next drift. Good grief. Guys plow upstream rocking everyone else and displacing the fish. Fish are holding in 15-25' of water and a boat on plane directly over the top of them is definitely going to affect them. It takes awhile for them to settle back in and be biters.

Other day I was about a 150 yards into my pass when a boat came up on plane rocking another boat so bad the guy that was standing up jigging in the bow had to hang on for dear life. Numskull then came off plane and stopped less than 25 yards directly in front of me and my troll. I could not believe his stupidity. He finally figured out I was not altering my troll and got on his trolling motor and moved aside. As I passed by at a boat length, he sheepishly commented something about the bite dying. YATHINK!!!

Use some common sense guys, don't plow right up through the middle of the drifts, go around. This isn't the guys trolling plugs upstream, you guys are fine. We can adjust our paths so everyone can fish and have fun.

Okay, I will get off my soap box. Sorry for the rant.

BA

BrushApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #2
fishjunkie509
Steelhead

Default Re: Got a beef with community hole walleye fishermen

I know exactly what you mean. It is a real bummer when people do that no matter the species being targeted. I see it in the reach during fall salmon season all the time and below Mcnary and Ice Harbor from time to time during springer season. You'd think you could get away from it on the river where everyone has a common goal since people have forgotten how to drive on the roads and highways lol
fishjunkie509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
Wreckless
King Salmon

It amazes me that people that own a boat that LOOKS like they should know what they are doing, just run right back over the top of fish.

DUMB!!!!

If you think it's bad there, come down here to the favorite internet holes and watch people run them over with gas engines BOTH DIRECTIONS!!!!!!:doh :

On a hot summer day, I EXPECT to see a "MOOMBA" (or down here a yacht) run over good fishing areas, but not someone who SHOULD know better.

I am glad you didn't include WHERE this community hole IS!!!!

Thanks

"Today's the day"......Mel Fisher
Wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
Smj
King Salmon

That's the way down hill troll salmon fisherman do it down here in the Columbia...I think you're just suppose to deal with it? Yeah, I don't fish the Columbia much in the spring!

Smj
Old 11-04-2016, 11:36 AM   #5
Wreckless
King Salmon

It's not about the "cool kids" blowin' by you as they head back up for another pass, it's about the fish, the bite and..........................Never mind.

"Today's the day"......Mel Fisher
Wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #6
apelily
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smj View Post
That's the way down hill troll salmon fisherman do it down here in the Columbia...I think you're just suppose to deal with it? Yeah, I don't fish the Columbia much in the spring!

Smj
Wrong, I will nicely tell the other fisherman that it will be better for all of us to run on the outside of the drift and set the example. Some people dont realize they are being dummies sometimes until they are told. If they say screw you then i will run on extra high waking power and make them understand how the game can be played.