bah humbug - www.ifish.net
The Oregonian's Bill Monroe!

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Bass and Panfish and Walleye Oh My!

Old 04-29-2005, 10:27 AM   #1
hawgcatcher
Tuna!

Default bah humbug

Headed out to Hagg Lake to try for bass on Wednesday. Launched the boat and parked the car. Turned the key and zip, nothing. No buzz, no turn over. Brand new battery and an older one. Wiring had been done a short while back but due to work at home and rain, had not been able to get out.

Got my meter and checked the batteries. One dead and one high charge. Hooked all the cables to the good battery. Turned the key, a little bit of sparks. Tightened up the posts tighter, still nothing. Then it turned over for a second then nothing. The kicker motor had been working then it stopped and could not get it going.

So no motors and that 18 footer does not paddle well. Loaded it up and took it to the shop. Mech. says take the kicker off and he does not work on Japanese motors (Yamaha) but he will work on the Johnson. He looks at the wiring and sez, it was set up wrong. Leave it and I will be next in line in a week.

So let the rains come until the motor is working. I will have to try fishing from the bank. Maybe a trip to the Dalles area for smallies or the Willie.

Wrong, the remodeling work wife is having done has now developed a problem. She bought a mirror/medicine chest for the bathroom. Supposed to just fasten to the wall. Oops! Wrong, it is one that has to be set in the wall. So knowing my limitations, I hired a good handyman. He looks at it and said sure, no problem. Well we cut out the wall and it was going well when he went to install the light bar.

The old light was too much to the left and only a small light, so there was a new light bar to put up. He got the wiring ready to hook up and blip, the braker was thrown. He had wired it exactly like it had been but for some reason it would not work.

He said to get an electrician, which was a good idea. He would come back and finish after that. I was OK with that idea and thought maybe some fishing. Wrong again, electrician can only get here on Saturday. Ok I will snivel and accept that. Wife heads to bedroom to get something. Electricity is off in both badrooms. Must be on same line. So I get out the extention wires (heavy duty) and run a line to the bedroom.

So now we have a big hole in the bathroom wall, no electricity (have to use a flashlight to go to the bathroom at night and wife hates that) and there goes my fishing for a few more days. Have to brush teeth, shave and what else in the kitchen as we have no mirror.

And worst of all, No Fishing until it is done. Bah Humbug.

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #2
shalom
Tuna!

Default Re: bah humbug

Things allways come in bunches . I can feel for you .

My boss is a Jewish carpender *
* Catch and release all Bass .
* SHALOM <'(((>< *
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:53 PM   #3
bucketmouth
Tuna!

If things get straightened out with the electricity tomorrow, the OBPC is having a fish-in at Hagg Lake, come join us. Don't need a boat, you can hook up with one of us that do.
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2005, 08:15 PM   #4
rebell
Tuna!

Welcome to my world hawgcatcher!

To many hours at work this week, and now I have only honey does scheduled for tomorrow. But it looks like volforeen will be fishing with me Sunday afternoon. So I guess life aint to bad.

Volforeen, I promise, no salmon on the brain Sunday!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:35 PM   #5
hawgcatcher
Tuna!

Well, let there be light (at least in the bathroom). I can see again. Electrician said, "humm, works now" and it does.

Now all I need is for the medicine chest/mirror to be installed and we are in business. Only problem is that the handyman's sister took sick and he had to fly to see her, as she may not make it. That is fine, I can live without a mirror (my good looks might just break it anyway).