WTB Jeep Wrangler TJ - www.ifish.net

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Life in General

Old 08-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #1
Brokeass Boater
Chromer

Default WTB Jeep Wrangler TJ

If you guys know someone that has a clean un-molested Jeep for sale, let me know. We don't want someone's crawler or offroader. The must haves are a Hard top, A/C, <150k miles,, other then those we are open to looking at it. I have cash, and driving up there looking at a decent clean rig won't bother me, I'll turn it into a visit with the kid also,,,gregg

Brokeass Boater is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
Geemo
Tuna!

Default Re: WTB Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokeass Boater View Post
If you guys know someone that has a clean un-molested Jeep for sale, let me know. We don't want someone's crawler or offroader. The must haves are a Hard top, A/C, <150k miles,, other then those we are open to looking at it. I have cash, and driving up there looking at a decent clean rig won't bother me, I'll turn it into a visit with the kid also,,,gregg
We've owned a 1998 2-door Wrangler and a 2017 4-door Wrangler. Both purchased brand new.

Check under the floor mats for moisture-water. Especially in the front.

They both leaked. The 1998 we spend LOT of $$ and the dealer could never stop the leak. Had to wipe moisture off the inside of the windows because the defrosted couldn't clear it. In 2003 traded it in on a new Jeep Liberty. We are still driving the Liberty. It has been a great car.

We bought a 2017 expecting the leak issues with Wranglers to be fixed... After four months, first time out in the rain we found water running down the inside support of the front window.

We sold it back to the dealer that night! I wasn't even going to try and get it fixed.

Check out Wrangler Leaks on you tube so you know what to look for.

Good luck finding a dry one.

Geemo
Geemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:05 PM   #3
sadiesassy
King Salmon

Yeah look under front floor pan. And underneath - frames and joints. Tend to rust out. You can have new steel welded in - but the leak is a recurring problem. In the desert not a big deal. In the NW different story.
sadiesassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2019, 02:12 PM   #4
roguesteelheader
Tuna!

I looked for a long time to find the right one and bought this here in Shady Cove. 4.o,auto,hardtop,rearlocker,4 inch lift.16 inch wheels and new tires and much more. Done right by a adult owner. there are some out there but you have to look and know what you want. I looked at a lot of Jeeps before I bought this one. it is the second TJ I have owned. we are JEEP folks and have 3 right now 2 are 98's a XJ and my TJ. The wife drives a 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.
Meet the Rogue in Shady Cove
roguesteelheader is offline   Reply With Quote