CR Marine Area #1 Reports - Page 3 - www.ifish.net
Leave no Dog Behind

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Salty Dogs

Old 07-26-2019, 08:09 PM   #121
cutt plug
Tuna!

Default Re: CR Marine Area #1 Reports

Fished today. As others wrote had to wait for the bar to open around 7:45. Got out and had to work for fish. They were scattered and not very aggressive.

We fished from north and west of #1 to to CR Buoy. Couldn’t seem to find the furious bite we had two weekends ago. Ocean was nice in the afternoon.

Good luck to those going this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cutt plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2019, 09:04 PM   #122
young buck
Steelhead

What time does the live bait open in Ilwaco
young buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:49 PM   #123
Hockinson man
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by young buck View Post
What time does the live bait open in Ilwaco
5:00 or 5:30. He gets there early
Hockinson man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2019, 01:37 PM   #124
robby
Steelhead

2 pob limit by 10:00 mile or so west of 1great day with my son. 3 or 4 uncoiled fish released.

robby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #125
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Fished north of the buoy 1 fleet today. Lumpy today, so had a slow ride out. Hooked up immediately when we put lines out.

3 pob, landed over twenty fish, only three of which were legal. Didn't get a clipped adult coho until almost noon, then ended with three really nice size coho in the box..

They took pretty much everything we put out there. But the same rod got the keepers running 60 on the line counter with 12oz lead, a sweet Abby short bus 8" flasher and a super bait filled with fresh anchovies.

Some big, steep swells heading in later in the afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bobber Downey Jr.; 07-27-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Bobber Downey Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:17 PM   #126
PnwChrome
Steelhead

Bobber Downey. Nice report thank you , I am headed out tomorrow morning going to launch around 6 ish , if you see a Columbia with a big guy in a Braves hat say hi, let's hope it's a smoother ride tomorrow
PnwChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:29 PM   #127
Big Game Fishing

Good luck to anyone going tomorrow.

We hooked lots of fish on the north side today too, but legal keepers were tough to come by. We managed some nice fish for everyone (including another Chinook), but the bite overall for the day wasn't what we were hoping for or expecting.

I'm out for a couple days to do some boat maintenance and get ready for the next month or so. I'll be back Tuesday weather permitting.
Big Game Fishing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:17 PM   #128
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnwChrome View Post
Bobber Downey. Nice report thank you , I am headed out tomorrow morning going to launch around 6 ish , if you see a Columbia with a big guy in a Braves hat say hi, let's hope it's a smoother ride tomorrow
I am doing steelhead a few miles up river Sunday. So won't be out there. Good luck to you guys!

Old 07-27-2019, 09:42 PM   #129
Boss Hawg
Tuna!

Started on the red line, was hot out of the gate. Then we had to search & found another hot spot north of the green line all between buoy 1 and the CR buoy. long day bumpy as heck. Ended landing 17 lost another 5 or 6 and only got 4 keeper cohos out of all that. Every one of mine had fins.
Boss Hawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:55 AM   #130
boomguy
Chromer

fished Columbia ocean between light hose and condos on Saturday. 5 POB, 90' of water. first 3 fish were nats then a double hook up. marked the spot and stayed there for our 10 fish with 1 20# nook done by noon. let probably 15 go with atleast the same or more lost. brads was the hot set up. green diver, green short bus, green brads.
nice to see the forecast was just a forecast as the ocean was flat running at 30 mph back in. no crabs in the bay.
if I had tuna gear, I would have ran out for more fish.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:23 AM   #131
Soulakala
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomguy View Post
fished Columbia ocean between light hose and condos on Saturday. 5 POB, 90' of water. first 3 fish were nats then a double hook up. marked the spot and stayed there for our 10 fish with 1 20# nook done by noon. let probably 15 go with atleast the same or more lost. brads was the hot set up. green diver, green short bus, green brads.
nice to see the forecast was just a forecast as the ocean was flat running at 30 mph back in. no crabs in the bay.
if I had tuna gear, I would have ran out for more fish.

Ok now you went and done it, defied the forecast and found gold. It was a no go yesterday as I chipped a tooth this weekend and doc was good enough to fix it yesterday. So now I'll look at that forecast for Wednesday and likely burn some fuel.
Soulakala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:51 AM   #132
Chilly Bean
Fry

Fished on Monday with the fleet in 55fow in front of condos. Fishing a nice rip in some big swells. Ocean calmed down right after the tide change and began trolling back towards light house and picked up our final 2 fish. 3 POB with limits. Caught fish on herring, anchovies, green wiggle hoochie and spinner. Crabbing not great with majority females and 8 keepers. Will be heading out Thursday for first tuna run of the year.
Chilly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #133
Big Game Fishing

Nice ocean and biting fish today. We crossed a little later than most and got gear in around 0745 or so. Not red hot, but worked an area with biters for an 8 fish limit by 1115. Came in the river, dropped off salmon, and tugged on a few dinos.

Good times at the coast.

Jim Fowler
360-772-3274

Old 07-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #134
fishin"G"man
Ifish Nate

Just getting back from an Alaskan cruise and perusing the web for some ideas on where to find speedy bullets aka tuna and silvers.

We are planing to run for the corners Thursday (once the tide lets us out). We're still watching NVS reports and wx. for the day. Looks breezy but not too bad. Wind waves on top of swell (per "windy" and "wind finder") aren't big enough to cause a lot of grief...YET! Let's hope for a good day.

Gonna pile in the boat and try ocean salmon Saturday. I have family coming so doing homework now will hopefully make for a full creel early. The (65*) water has me a little worried they will be lock jawed...

I guess the bite was deep and way off LB today. A cheap pair of bino's found the fleet out there but nothing to see at 1:00 when my buddy perused the port for anglers returning.

We look for signs and fish them, sounds like that's where most of the fish are biting...

BE SAFE and Tight lines guys!
fishin"G"man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:53 PM   #135
just ducky
Steelhead

The fish were north today not sure how far cause I was on another mans boat.17ft to 22ft on the line counters Took us a while to find them but when we did it was game on. 3 rods 6 fish done by 10:00am Beautiful ocean Going again tomorrow.
just ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:15 PM   #136
JD77
Ifish Nate

Looking at the pics on this thread and others, it seems like these coho are running really small for end of July beginning of August. Often they look about 4 pounds. Are the coho this small or just a camera issue?
JD77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:18 PM   #137
8knots
Chromer

My opinion is they seem small this year....so far. I have not caught any really fat coho after 7 trips out.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:27 PM   #138
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Last weekend we got a few wild ones pushing 10 or so (estimate). The hatchery fish we kept were probably 6 to 8.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:16 PM   #139
cutt plug
Tuna!

Very slow for us today. We fished north of the condos then down to the lighthouse. Out to deeper water, then over near Buoy 1, finally off to CR Buoy and in to shallower water but very little action.

Ocean was like a lake. Smooth bar crossings both ways.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:20 PM   #140
Soulakala
King Salmon

We went out today and with a great ocean stopped at S Jetty first for some bottom fish. With a horrible drift we gave up and headed to our original destination Tillamook. On the way down getting near Seaside the screen had some big bait balls and outside of that lots of fish. So bust out the Salmon gear and with only brads, no fresh bait just frozen we dropped the brads over the side. It was lights out Salmon we had our four Coho in less than 45 minutes. With more than we wanted to deal with for the day we headed in. Back at the float by 10:45. The water was outstanding if I was a Tuna guy it would have been Tuna today. We ran at 35 coming back until we hit the river and found a little swell that dialed the ride down to 20.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:40 PM   #141
HuskyKMA
Ifish Nate

Made my first bar crossing today and lived to tell about it.

Slow day for me and my dad. One native coho released and one small hatchery coho on ice. Lost a few that we probably should have had but oh well. Fished around the CR and a little further west, thought about venturing north but didn't. Overall pleased with the day, the ocean was good and it was nice to finally fish it in my own boat!

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2019, 07:34 PM   #142
Hockinson man
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulakala View Post
We went out today and with a great ocean stopped at S Jetty first for some bottom fish. With a horrible drift we gave up and headed to our original destination Tillamook. On the way down getting near Seaside the screen had some big bait balls and outside of that lots of fish. So bust out the Salmon gear and with only brads, no fresh bait just frozen we dropped the brads over the side. It was lights out Salmon we had our four Coho in less than 45 minutes. With more than we wanted to deal with for the day we headed in. Back at the float by 10:45. The water was outstanding if I was a Tuna guy it would have been Tuna today. We ran at 35 coming back until we hit the river and found a little swell that dialed the ride down to 20.
This is my kind of day.. Great report, wish I was able to get out ere today.

Thank you
Hockinson man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:06 PM   #143
Quiet Riot
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyKMA View Post
Made my first bar crossing today and lived to tell about it.

Slow day for me and my dad. One native coho released and one small hatchery coho on ice. Lost a few that we probably should have had but oh well. Fished around the CR and a little further west, thought about venturing north but didn't. Overall pleased with the day, the ocean was good and it was nice to finally fish it in my own boat!

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk
That's a good day.
Quiet Riot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #144
smoky
Chromer

Tough day for me in and around the spark plug. Kept moving all day. Only 5 bites. Two fat nates, two brats, one cracker. Nice ocean, great crew, beautiful day.
Most but not all guys i tt at dock had similar stories.

Should have went north?

It ain’t over!
smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:24 PM   #145
Big Game Fishing

Bar was pretty lumpy, but snuck out the north side to a really nice ocean.

Had our first keeper coho before all rods deployed, then nothing for an hour. Kept working north.

Was just about to pick up and run south, and we had 3 of the 4 rods go off. Coho chaos began and soon we had 5 in bag and several releases. We ran south to the triple waypoint, deployed gear, and finished with 2 Chinook and our last coho. Done by 1130 to make the run in before the wind got too bad.

Chovies and hootchies, and hootchie color seemed to matter. Sorry, can't disclose colors till I've bought up all of them.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:58 PM   #146
Fisher Dude
Steelhead

All set up to do tuna yesterday but with southerly showing up early we decided to stay close and do salmon. Started up by the condos in 100', only 1 drive by in an hour, worked out a bit still nothing. Then went to CR, scratched out a limit for 3 guys, fish are scattered.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:21 PM   #147
cougman
Tuna!

We fished Thursday and Friday and had to work hard for our 3 limits. We were off the old falcon cable tower in 50-80 feet of water. Fish were scattered.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:04 AM   #148
JD77
Ifish Nate

Shouldn’t coho off the Columbia be absolutely off the charts right now? 1 million fish coming in and boats are going out and coming back empty? I am not a biologist but a concentration of 1 million coho should be producing a lot of fish... right?
Old 08-03-2019, 08:54 AM   #149
Clamman
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD77 View Post
Shouldn’t coho off the Columbia be absolutely off the charts right now? 1 million fish coming in and boats are going out and coming back empty? I am not a biologist but a concentration of 1 million coho should be producing a lot of fish... right?
Not really sure where this million coho to the CR came from? This is the fact sheet I’ve only seen.

https://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/OSC...9forecasts.pdf

Clam
Clamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #150
JD77
Ifish Nate

Sorry... 1 million total salmon (not only coho). Still begs the question...

Shouldn't we be seeing A LOT of coho limits out of the Columbia in early August?

https://www.chinookobserver.com/life...728facca6.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamman View Post
Not really sure where this million coho to the CR came from? This is the fact sheet I’ve only seen.

https://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/OSC...9forecasts.pdf

Clam
Old 08-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #151
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD77 View Post
Sorry... 1 million total salmon (not only coho). Still begs the question...

Shouldn't we be seeing A LOT of coho limits out of the Columbia in early August?

https://www.chinookobserver.com/life...728facca6.html
There have been a lot of limits. But even the most abundant fisheries can have off days.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:00 PM   #152
Beach Caster
Steelhead

My 3 day report, 3 rods.

Thursday, Fished south of CR, 5 Coho, worked 4 hours for them, schools scattered and hard to stay on.

Friday, pretty much ditto from Thursday, 4 Coho

Today Saturday, motored North about a mile North of Condos, got in a hot bite and limited w/6 Coho in a couple of hours.

All fish caught on Brads CPs and Superbaits stuffed with anchovy bits. Divers and flashers in top 15 of water. 3.5-4mph speed. Only had to buy one bag of anchovies for three days of fishing. Another unusual observation just about all of the Cohos were males and had empty stomachs.

Glad I could finally contribute.

BC
Old 08-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #153
Openwide
Coho

I think there’s plenty of fish. There’s also plenty of bait. It’s just that fish are spread out and their bellies are pretty full. We fished south of the CR on Thursday and Friday and got limits of 8 on Thursday and 10 on Friday and then fished a bit North of the condos today and got a limit of 9 Silvers and 1 Nook. Had to work a little for them but they are there. The fish South of the CR were stuffed with teeny crabs and the ones up North with Chovies.
Openwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #154
fishin"G"man
Ifish Nate

We (4 of us) went to the big blue water around the CR and in toward "2". We stuck it out Saturday getting 14 fish to the boat. Another five short strikes excluded. Two went in the bag. Natives were THICK! About 2:00 we got blown off the ocean and decided to fish an awesome rip in the river. We brought 2 more BIG natives to the net. Not a bad day in retrospect but the creel didn't show it!
fishin"G"man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #155
robby
Steelhead

Left home at 5:30 AM launched at Hammond on our way by 6:00 AM. Where is everybody? Crossed a bar that was a little lumpy. Fished south of buoy 2 and trolled southwest released one wild back to the dock by 9:00. Two 8 pounders and 2 6 pounders in the box fish cleaned boat washed all by 11:30. Awesome day on the ocean could hear the tuna boats on the radio as they left this morning.

robby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #156
just ducky
Steelhead

Went north to start the day but quickly found out the bite was south. Started at the CR and headed south.240ft 0f water and a long day we managed to limit out with our 8 fish. Many different depths on the line counters so keep working it.
just ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:37 PM   #157
RWTIII
Tuna!

48 hours without a report "That Ain't Right"
Headed back to the ocean after a couple days in the river. Fished around Buoy #1, boats and fish were spread out. Lot of fish still out there just gotta find them and stay on them. Wife and I started fishing at 7:45 done at 9:15. Three of the four Coho kept were on cut-plug herring between 25’ & 35’ on line counters. It was our first day that herring out fished anchovies, most of lost or released fish were on herring also. Water depth fished was 100’ to 250’. Boats were spread out as far the eye could see South and West of us.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #158
Soulakala
King Salmon

We went out to perfect ocean today. Untied the boat at 7:30 finshed at 11:00 with one fish short but we had to be back by noon. We did have one very fat big boy Coho today it dwarfed the others in the box. If you get it out do in now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #159
cutt plug
Tuna!

Fished the river this morning through high tide with no luck. Ran outside, dropped some pots and fished circles around Buoy 1. Caught some fish, released some fish, and lost some fish. Sporadic action with no real consistent bite. Herring won the day, brads and anchovy tied for 2nd place. Ocean was luxuriously flat.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:53 AM   #160
8knots
Chromer

Took my wife out yesterday on her annual fishing trip. Wow, the fleet was scattered looking for biting fish as I have ever seen it. We fished until noon but were only able to get her two fish. Hey, she was happy with that and in we came. At the docks there were lots of boats that did not get any keepers. When we found biters it was hot/quick action but for us that was random yesterday. What a nice ocean to enjoy a day with my wife. Until next year!
Old 08-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #161
baldicrabber
Coho

Out near #1 , So far 1 keeper, 1 lost , 1 native released. A lot slower than it was 3 weeks ago!
baldicrabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #162
Soulakala
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8knots View Post
Took my wife out yesterday on her annual fishing trip. Wow, the fleet was scattered looking for biting fish as I have ever seen it. We fished until noon but were only able to get her two fish. Hey, she was happy with that and in we came. At the docks there were lots of boats that did not get any keepers. When we found biters it was hot/quick action but for us that was random yesterday. What a nice ocean to enjoy a day with my wife. Until next year!

When its a day like yesterday the boat ride and salt make life a joy.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #163
Big Game Fishing

The ocean hasn't been red hot, but there are fish if you work for em.

We ran across a 30knot bar and fished on lake Pacific.

We found action early a ways away from the main fleet. Had to weed through fish with fins and eventually got stuck on 7 fish in the bag when the morning bite died. Worked the area SW of CR hard and got to 9 fish in the bag while tossing back some big natives.

Finally as we were about to quit we found some biters out west and finished off the limit.

It's not stupid easy, but it's pretty fun.

I've got some open days and seats still....

Big Game Fishing
360-772-3274

Old 08-09-2019, 09:17 PM   #164
Seafrk
Ifish Nate

Slow day for us only two in the boat, we went to the 200 ft mark in front of Longbeach where we were Weds and limited. Today they were not there, we went out to 300 ft no love, Trolled in and hooked 2 about 240' mark,

On the way in we hit a patch of 64.5 degree water at 120' and saw a small Opah.
Seafrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #165
greenbuttskunk
King Salmon

we limited today wth 5 hos and a nook. sW of CR bouy. 10oz lead 36 ft on counter. fish flash and herring. numerous other bites and lost fish. all clippers to the boat. plus a bonus thresher shark that spooled me in seconds.
greenbuttskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:36 PM   #166
1st born
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafrk View Post
Slow day for us only two in the boat, we went to the 200 ft mark in front of Longbeach where we were Weds and limited. Today they were not there, we went out to 300 ft no love, Trolled in and hooked 2 about 240' mark,

On the way in we hit a patch of 64.5 degree water at 120' and saw a small Opah.

Opah?? You meant sunfish (mola) right?
1st born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:24 AM   #167
CKthumper
Sturgeon

Started out with the main crowd a bit SW of the CR. From there, I lost track of just where we were, but we only ran the kicker, so we must have stayed close. Very sporadic bite. Flurries, then long droughts, then another flurry. Everything got bit, but the hot rig was a pro troll/whole anchovy. At least hot at getting bit... Went through two dozen herring and over two pounds of chovies to get eight clipped and four high fins to the boat. Checker said not many limits came in.

Had SOMETHING nearly spool a Penn 320, the break or cut thirty lb cxx.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:48 AM   #168
DogZilla15
King Salmon

My daily report from yesterday is consistent with above. Lots of fish found that wouldn’t bite. A couple of adjustments can be made that will produce “sometimes.” Downsize baits and slow the troll. If they’re not hungry, ya gotta make it so easy from them they can’t pass up another bite. A change in the weather, dropping barometer, doesn’t help and can be a real off switch to the bite which is probably what affected yesterday.
DogZilla15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #169
zueth
Tuna!

Any reports from Sunday or Monday?
Old 08-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #170
adrenaline
King Salmon

Fished south of the CR buoy Sun morning, 2 keeper ho's by 9am, bite slowed & we went Tuna fishing, similar Fri, 3 keepers, bite slowed & we went Tuna fishing, late start Sat afternoon, 1 keeper, very slow afternoon bite, early mornings are best.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #171
apelily
Chromer

Most of the fleet is fishing way SW of CR buoy. Heard the bite was not that great over the weekend. Wind got nasty sunday from the south. We went sunday north and got 1 keeper coho and released a short nook and bagged it at 10 am. Couldnt find any big nooks and didnt see any others netted but only 10 boats up there by the condos.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #172
DJensen
Cutthroat

Sunday -> Skunkday. Fished around CR, but we got out a little late and by then the bite was off and the S. wind picked up. We tried to tough it out for a couple of hours, but decided to head back to the river. Fished until around 1:00 and nothing. I heard a couple reports of some good fishing very early. It has been a while since I got skunked in August.
DJensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:07 PM   #173
flatocean
Tuna!

Fished today. Put in about 7:15 and limited in about an hour and a half. We weren't the first done either. Several were running in earlier than us including some charters. Fish are out there, maybe they were just off bite last few days.
Flatocean
boat Nancy J
flatocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:43 PM   #174
zueth
Tuna!

Thanks for the reports.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:50 PM   #175
jokofish
Chromer

I think the key in the ocean right now is to get out to the coho grounds early.. On Saturday I tried to get a chinook off long beach first.. no luck, and then we did not get out to the coho grounds till 9.. too late.. managed a few but it was work.. Sunday we scrapped the chinook idea and wend right to 275' west of CR. We had really good action early putting 5 in the box by 8:30 and having many other bites and hook ups. Then is slowed significantly..
Old 08-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #176
MrsFinn-again
Steelhead

Saturday, wife and I done by 9:10 am. out with the fleet SW of CR. Sunday on the other hand, little closer to CR with the fleet, one in the box and got our butts kicked in the washing machine, gave up and came inside around 11. way too windy out there for my old bones
MrsFinn-again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #177
Highbank101
Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatocean View Post
Fished today. Put in about 7:15 and limited in about an hour and a half. We weren't the first done either. Several were running in earlier than us including some charters. Fish are out there, maybe they were just off bite last few days.
Flatocean
boat Nancy J

Were you trolling anchovies? I’ll be heading out Wednesday and Thursday. I’ll be sure to report back.
3 weeks ago I was out there near Buoy 1 and it was on fire. Limits in an hour for 4 people.
Highbank101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:10 PM   #178
8knots
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatocean View Post
Flatocean
boat Nancy J
We stunk today so nice going and good intel on the early bite. We were early but for some reason went north off the condos. Very few boats and after two hours we went out deep and then we went and joined the fleet south of the CR and did not see many nets. Fish checker said only about a third of the boats today got fish. We did get a ton of mackerel, enjoyed an actively feeding whale and had sharks make quick work of our leaders. It was so nice out that we put the hours in but nada for us.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:11 PM   #179
flatocean
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbank101 View Post
Were you trolling anchovies? I’ll be heading out Wednesday and Thursday. I’ll be sure to report back.
3 weeks ago I was out there near Buoy 1 and it was on fire. Limits in an hour for 4 people.
Both anchovies and plug cuts were hit equally
flatocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #180
Big Game Fishing

Today started slow for most everyone I knew. We were all trying to find fish.

Guys spread out on the hunt and we finally found willing biters late morning. Ocean was beautiful. Mackerel bite was epic till we moved out of em. Whales were playing near us. Coho are getting closer.