CR Marine Area #1 Reports - www.ifish.net
Leave no Dog Behind

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > The Salty Dogs

Old 06-21-2019, 05:46 AM   #1
Soulakala
King Salmon

Default CR Marine Area #1 Reports

With the ocean opening up tomorrow who is going where to prospect for fish. I for one will be nudging the boat north up towards Long Beach looking for those early chinook that like to hang around the surf edge.

Soulakala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2019, 06:58 AM   #2
bolen05
Chromer

I will be there likely off the condo’s launching about 7:45
Blood Vessel
bolen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:59 AM   #3
flatocean
Tuna!

Smile Re: CR Marine Area #1 Reports

Look forward to your reports. Can't fish until Monday.
Flatocean (boat Nancy J)
flatocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
jokofish
Chromer

Default Re: CR Marine Area #1 Reports

I plan on going out sat and Sunday. I am happy to share intel on what I am finding- what VHF channel will you be on Soulakala?
Old 06-21-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
killemall
Steelhead

We will be on the hunt from the lighthouse north to the 30 line!! Reports to follow.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:07 PM   #6
snlphillips
Chromer

Tunatinder will be out there Sat/Sun mornings.

Good chloro beak along the surf's edge, cool water NW a ways, both look fishy to me. Hope there's lots of feeder nooks out there.

Looks like there's a cloro ring around the CR bouy too...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65440547_704533199960689_7491197896583282688_n.png
Views:	255
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	725451   Click image for larger version

Name:	65156170_375077369800682_6637833627679850496_n.png
Views:	239
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	725453  
Old 06-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #7
PHT1950
Chromer

The boat is coming down on Monday going exploring Tuesday morning. Can't wait. Good luck to all.
PHT1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:12 AM   #8
[email protected]
Tuna!

I will be on top a roof. Ugh . I really hope there is some success. Praying for a good summer season. Be safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
derrick454@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:03 AM   #9
Big Game Fishing

I'm sturgeon fishing today.

Looks like maybe 6 boats went out of Hammond this morning.

Just got a report from the condo area, slow, only seen one net fly so far.
Big Game Fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #10
Quiet Riot
King Salmon

I'm icing my knee, hoping to get a calm day to try soon.
Quiet Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:40 AM   #11
Soulakala
King Salmon

Not a bad day limit of nice fish at 260 FOW south of the CR. We should have dropped a crab pot but sometimes a plan just fails.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:31 AM   #12
Clamman
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulakala View Post
Not a bad day limit of nice fish at 260 FOW south of the CR. We should have dropped a crab pot but sometimes a plan just fails.
Thanks or the report! How was the clip to non-clip ratio.

Clam
Clamman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:49 AM   #13
8knots
Chromer

2 rods and just could not get the last fish. One beautiful 30 inch Chinook in 60 fow.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:32 AM   #14
Danny Mailey
Fry

Thanks for the reports. Glad to hear that silvers are showing this early. Cant wait to go out.
Danny Mailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:21 PM   #15
upland hunter
Chromer

We had our limit of Coho by 10:30 and back to the tuna club in time to get cleaned up for the kickoff event.

Old 06-23-2019, 03:15 PM   #16
Tylerwilson
Cutthroat

Had limits of coho for two rods by 7:30 am. Just south of CR buoy, 245 FOW 17’ on line counter. Nothing for 20 minutes then crossed a rip, doubled up and nonstop bites for 30 minutes. Released a few smalls. Bonked four five pound clipped fish, didn’t see a high fin all morning.
Tylerwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:28 PM   #17
Soulakala
King Salmon

To the CR buoy and 245 fow anchovies in the water at 8:30 ish. One two and three fish into the box in a flurry. In addition we had two unbutton and three shorts. But casper took a bit of effort and we were down to three baits left. Finally casper joined the box and we headed in to face a max ebb current at the bar. From 8 to 10 it looked like a washing machine with breaks. So we hugged the green side then tucked around the north jetty for nice ride home. We also pulled our pot from a two day soak - one legal male in the pot. All our fish were hatchery no high fins today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2019, 07:31 PM   #18
Quiet Riot
King Salmon

Quote:
To the CR buoy and 245 fow anchovies in the water at 8:30 ish. One two and three fish into the box in a flurry. In addition we had two unbutton and three shorts. But casper took a bit of effort and we were down to three baits left. Finally casper joined the box and we headed in to face a max ebb current at the bar. From 8 to 10 it looked like a washing machine with breaks. So we hugged the green side then tucked around the north jetty for nice ride home. We also pulled our pot from a two day soak - one legal male in the pot. All our fish were hatchery no high fins today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Nice report, we had similar fishing yesterday afternoon. Got a late start and looked at the max ebb bar from the inside and my flakey knee decided to stay inside until it subsided. Went straight out after it quit breaking and bagged 4 hatchery silvers in short order, then found the nates and longline releases while going for the last two. Trolled in looking for a nook to finish out with but no luck there so pulled 3 pots for only a few crab. 2 pots had the shad missing from the bait bag but bag closed back up....
Old 06-25-2019, 12:00 AM   #19
no excuses
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Riot View Post
3 pots for only a few crab. 2 pots had the shad missing from the bait bag but bag closed back up....

them crab are tricky Joe, probably held the doors open so they could get back out after stealing your bait
no excuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:58 AM   #20
Soulakala
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Riot View Post
Nice report, we had similar fishing yesterday afternoon. Got a late start and looked at the max ebb bar from the inside and my flakey knee decided to stay inside until it subsided. Went straight out after it quit breaking and bagged 4 hatchery silvers in short order, then found the nates and longline releases while going for the last two. Trolled in looking for a nook to finish out with but no luck there so pulled 3 pots for only a few crab. 2 pots had the shad missing from the bait bag but bag closed back up....

I had a call last night from another Ifisher who said he got only a few crab from two pots yesterday. He did the same as you did and waited until the ebb was over and it sounded like a nice bar after the washing machine laid down.

I would say based on reports we are all experiencing a crab walkout.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:48 AM   #21
snlphillips
Chromer

Saturday - Found some fishy looking water with lots of birds up north between the lighthouse and condos. Fished for 6 hours with 4 rods. 9 landed for 18 takes, 4 keepers, 1 being a decent nook. Anchovies, herring, spinners, super baits, all got bit. It was hard to dial anything in.

Sunday - Late start and slow 18kt bar crossing for Tunatinder. Snuck south of the jetty then bumped it up to 25kts out to the CR. Saw all the boat south of the CR but there was a really good rip just NE of the buoy. Fished that and started the day with 8+ missed takes in 20 minutes. Went through our 12 herring in about 45min. Finally dialed in our presentation and started landing fish. Fished for 3.5 hours with 3 rods. Ended the day 12 for 30+, 4 keeper coho. Again, anchovies, herring, super baits, all got bit.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:31 AM   #22
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Hoping to get out to CR for my first crossing this weekend. Really appreciate all the reports and info I've absorbed from everyone on here.
Bobber Downey Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #23
TyBoo
Steelhead

Lots of boats and lots of fish today all around the CR. We stayed a bit away from the crowd most of the time in 200' to 225' of water and got our four keepers while releasing a half dozen nates and a couple small chinook. We also had several quick hits with no hook up and lost three half way to the boat. We kept the anchovies shallow and did not drop down looking for chinook because the little silvers were just too much fun. The downrigger at 10' pulling an anchovy behind an old Konezone small green flasher with a lot of the color worn off outfished the other pole at least five to one.

I say we stayed away from the crowd most of the time because it is more peaceful even if a bit slower, but we did end up right in the middle of the group for a while when everyone was crowding into a long narrow rip. There were a lot of fish caught in a short time. We got our fourth and bailed. All that we saw landed around us looked about the same size as the 3-5 pounders we were getting and the release-to-keep ratio on the other boats was about 50/50.

We left Warrenton a little after 5:00 and were tied back up at the slip by 11:00. Nice day and a nice ocean! There were some swells on the way back in right at the middle of the ebb, but with the small tide and light breeze it was a comfortable ride.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #24
8knots
Chromer

Got our four coho today somewhat near the CR buoy. They were also maybe 4-5 pounds. We had to work harder and it took us until 1:00, which is my fishing curfew these days. Most came at 15 - 20 feet. Just ate the collars and some belly meat. Excellent!
Old 06-25-2019, 06:06 PM   #25
Danny Mailey
Fry

Great reports. We're going out in the morning, so these really help.

What channel are boats monitoring on the VHf's out there?

Thanks!
Danny Mailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:29 PM   #26
upland hunter
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Mailey View Post
Great reports. We're going out in the morning, so these really help.

What channel are boats monitoring on the VHf's out there?

Thanks!

Old 06-25-2019, 08:58 PM   #27
Hockinson man
Tuna!

Went out this morning (Tuesday) and got bit immediately around 100' in front of the light house. After the double we should've circled back but we're lazy and it got quiet.
We picked up and headed to the CR and fished the rip with everybody else. Major take downs and lost a nice Nook at the boat.

We finished with 7 silvers after two days and excellent weather. If I was going out tomorrow I would start south of one first...then venture south west.

16 pulls on one rod and 25 on the other. Anchovies
Hockinson man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:15 AM   #28
Soulakala
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockinson man View Post
Went out this morning (Tuesday) and got bit immediately around 100' in front of the light house. After the double we should've circled back but we're lazy and it got quiet.
We picked up and headed to the CR and fished the rip with everybody else. Major take downs and lost a nice Nook at the boat.

We finished with 7 silvers after two days and excellent weather. If I was going out tomorrow I would start south of one first...then venture south west.

16 pulls on one rod and 25 on the other. Anchovies

Nice job. I had to pull the boat for the 20 hr service on the new motor back in on Thursday. Boy going from a 150 to a 250 I can see already my fuel bill is expanding but what the heck its only money that the Government has their eye on figuring out how to get.

Good report love the detail.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:20 AM   #29
fishsauce
Tuna!

Pretty good fishing out by the CR Buoy. Catching was fast and furious once we found a rip and just trolled in circles around it. Fresh chovies from the Ilwaco bait dock and an inline pink hoochie spinner were what worked. Eighteeen to 24" on the line counters. All clipped hos for us, heard of a couple nooks.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:29 AM   #30
PHT1950
Chromer

Late report
Fished late Monday, for a couple hours and landed two keeper coho. Tuesday and Wednesday the crew wanted to hunt for Chinook so we went north on Tuesday and Wednesday. Landed 4 nice Chi in 28-32 FOW with CPH at about 15-19 pulls. Fished from the lighthouse to the condos. Lost more than we landed (Rookies) picked up 34 crab as a bonus.

Good luck to all.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #31
Tylerwilson
Cutthroat

Fished outside and north of the CR buoy today. Ocean doesn’t get much nicer. Delta divers, triangle flashers and herring with sure spins at 13-21 feet on the line counter. Fast and furious action, missed a few, lost a few, released two native coho and three feeder chinook. Used both green and blue label herring, switched out flasher/diver color and used both bait size which we never found a trend to. Got our two rod limits by 8. Lots of boats up by buoy 1.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #32
Tylerwilson
Cutthroat

Anyone trying for chinook up north on the beach? Or heard of anyone who has? Where are the chinook?
Old 06-29-2019, 01:36 PM   #33
C-Lark
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerwilson View Post
Anyone trying for chinook up north on the beach? Or heard of anyone who has? Where are the chinook?
See PHT1950 post, 2 spots above yours.

J.
C-Lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:32 PM   #34
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

6/29 Started near the CR buoy and zigzagged mostly north all morning. Lots and lots of action that we could not get to the net.

They wouldn't touch herring for some reason, but they loved some 3.5 spinners, and anything involving anchovies. Flashers or not didn't make much of a difference. They also liked the bit of bucktailing we did on the fly rods.

As you can see, the ocean got real nice as the day went on.

We landed 5 coho and kicked a couple back, and I got to land a nice chinook.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2019, 05:19 AM   #35
Soulakala
King Salmon

Yesterday made the turn north around the N. Jetty running on beautiful water. At the LH in 40 FOW we dropped gear with anchovies and chugged north, and chugged north with only a few drive bys. Only saw a couple of boats around us but more boats in deeper water. So we made the turn and chugged west, nothing. After nearly two hours of nothing more than quick hits we pulled up and zipped out to 250 fow north of the CR. Dropped the gear and two poles go down landing two nice Coho. We were done at 10:30 and headed in at 25-30 mph. Lots of boats out past the CR and once your on the school its fast action. What a great day to be lucky enough to be on the ocean fishing.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:21 AM   #36
PHT1950
Chromer

Quote:
Yesterday made the turn north around the N. Jetty running on beautiful water. At the LH in 40 FOW we dropped gear with anchovies and chugged north, and chugged north with only a few drive bys. Only saw a couple of boats around us but more boats in deeper water. So we made the turn and chugged west, nothing. After nearly two hours of nothing more than quick hits we pulled up and zipped out to 250 fow north of the CR. Dropped the gear and two poles go down landing two nice Coho. We were done at 10:30 and headed in at 25-30 mph. Lots of boats out past the CR and once your on the school its fast action. What a great day to be lucky enough to be on the ocean fishing.
Nice work Chuck
Old 06-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #37
Tylerwilson
Cutthroat

A bit tougher fishing today than yesterday for us. Started at CR buoy trolling west, missed a couple of short bites and released a native, then a bit of a dry spell. Picked up and ran outside, following the fleet who was still west of us and started just inside of them, lots of short bites and a couple of natives. Ended up finding a nice pod of fish in 320’ on the way back in and scratching out our four coho right before the wind came up. Water was 60.5 degrees and buddy boat said they got into mackerel further inside. Smaller fish for us than yesterday too but still a great day on the big pond with plenty of action and managed to scratch it out.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:41 PM   #38
fishin"G"man
Ifish Nate

The water temp was 63 around the CR (too hot for salmon) so we went further southwest and deep to get our fish. Unreal calm pond and BLUE water... mackerel caught too. We really considered putting out tuna gear!
fishin"G"man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #39
Quiet Riot
King Salmon

I tried trolling along the beach with the low swell this this morning for notta. Threw the box at them from peacock spit to the lighthouse while making some marks. Went out the green can line later and it was scratchy fishing so we pick d up and ran out to about 330 and git bit on about everything for 4 silver limits in an hour or so. Back in time pull a dozen crabs and now headed home with cleaned fish and cooked crabs. Nice Sunday but the Chinook just wouldn't play for us today.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:28 PM   #40
Ian Harrison
Chromer

Crossed the bar around 7:00am and ran out to the CR buoy to start, continued NW for about 1 Mile before picking up our first fish. Zigged and zagged east/west about 2 miles WNW of the CR to bonk our 8 by 10:30 before heading in for 5 rockfish and 2 long cod. The fish seemed to be in a fairly narrow strip between 240 and 260 ft. Doubles and triples were the norm, but converting on those not so much.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:58 PM   #41
bendavis
Tuna!

we fished drunken circles just west of the CR buoy and away from the crowds west. 10 for 16ish and the sixth fish was a nice chinook. The downriger rod with a red racer flasher (not triangle fish flash flasher) and purple haze hootchie accounted for 3/4 of all the action. around 9 we fished that rod deeper to about 50-60 feet and kept catching fish on it. At one point we shut off the motor so a crew member could fumble with his ODFW app that wasn't working right and the flasher/hootchie was just drifting on the surface. A 6 foot blue shark came up an took it for a ride.
bendavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:24 AM   #42
ThePatriot
Steelhead

Fun fishing on Saturday. Flat ocean. Started at CR buoy around 7am was a little slow. Picked up lines went about 5miles north and started hooking up with multiple doubles. All on anchovy’s. Changed over to downriggers and went deep looking for nooks. Hooked on 3 but all small. Finished the day by filling our tags with coho. Could have been done by 10am if we wanted. Great day.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #43
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Since I'm still a bit new to this planning my own trip thing - What do you guys think of heading out Friday morning? Wind and waves look great. The part I'm unsure of is heading out with the outgoing tide like it is. What's everyone's thoughts on that? Looks like -1.6 at around 9:30am
Old 07-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #44
fishsauce
Tuna!

After a bit of a slow start yesterday, we joined the fleet west of the CR buoy in 340 FOW. We had a flurry of action but lost six straight while continuing to troll west. After a bit of a lull, we decided to turn back east. Found the fish again and improved our landing ratio by boating the next six coho. Fresh chovies and an inline hoochie spinner, both at 18' on the counters.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:16 PM   #45
troutfinder
Coho

If I was going Friday I’d plan on a 10:00-10:30 launch. That’s a big tide exchange even though the forecasted swell isn’t all that big. I got nervous on the bar last year crossing at max ebb when the USCG said it was unrestricted about this same time of year. I now have a rule of no ebb bar crossings unless the swell and wind wave is very small. Living in Warrenton it is easier to call off the questionable days though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber Downey Jr. View Post
Since I'm still a bit new to this planning my own trip thing - What do you guys think of heading out Friday morning? Wind and waves look great. The part I'm unsure of is heading out with the outgoing tide like it is. What's everyone's thoughts on that? Looks like -1.6 at around 9:30am
Old 07-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #46
Soulakala
King Salmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutfinder View Post
If I was going Friday I’d plan on a 10:00-10:30 launch. That’s a big tide exchange even though the forecasted swell isn’t all that big. I got nervous on the bar last year crossing at max ebb when the USCG said it was unrestricted about this same time of year. I now have a rule of no ebb bar crossings unless the swell and wind wave is very small. Living in Warrenton it is easier to call off the questionable days though.

Troutfinder you have that dialed in for sure. The big question for Friday and late start would be when is that wind machine going to start up. A 10:30 ish start means about 11:00ish with bait in the water that is if your running out to the 300 fow line to start. I would check Windy and see what they are forecasting. Your other choice would be a daylight bar crossing. I would not want to plan for a flying ebb crossing of the bar unless your shorts are plastic pants or your boat is like the bar pilots yellow banana.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:53 PM   #47
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Quote:
Troutfinder you have that dialed in for sure. The big question for Friday and late start would be when is that wind machine going to start up. A 10:30 ish start means about 11:00ish with bait in the water that is if your running out to the 300 fow line to start. I would check Windy and see what they are forecasting. Your other choice would be a daylight bar crossing. I would not want to plan for a flying ebb crossing of the bar unless your shorts are plastic pants or your boat is like the bar pilots yellow banana.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge guys. So would heading out at 5:30am-ish be pushin it based on the info available to us right now? (Clatsop Buoy)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	726007  

Last edited by Bobber Downey Jr.; 07-01-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:59 PM   #48
Blugill
Fry

I am new to this and learning also, but when looking at the current times of Clatsop spit it looks like the max ebb is at 720 am, with slack current at 1115. My guess is the early crossing would be fine, but I wouldn't want to try to come back in until closer to 1030 or 11 at the earliest. Please chime in if this sounds incorrect to any of you!
Blugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #49
Soulakala
King Salmon

Wind forecast looks good so wind waves would not be a problem. Big ebbs or flying ebb as I like to refer to them can also create ebb chop which makes for a nasty ride. My rule because I don't like rough crossings is average ebb the no go is 2 hours before and 2 after, flying ebb 2 hours before and 3 hours after, but that all depends on your boat, your ability and how tight your pants are.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:31 AM   #50
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Well, looks like I may party with you guys out there Friday
Old 07-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #51
copycat
Tuna!

Fished yesterday at the crack of 10:30 am took a bit to get in the groove and find fish ended up west of the CR in 300’ not many boats out yesterday maybe they fished earlier and went home before I got there but we had to sort through 15 or so non clipped to get our 6 keepers divers and anchovies and 15-18 feet did the job, headed home at 3:01 with my boat limit, great 1st ocean salmon trip for my boat and my 8 year old daughters 1st ever ocean coho trip, I had her reel almost every fish to the boat, fun day!
copycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #52
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Anyone been picking up much for bonus crabs + rockfish?
Old 07-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #53
fishsauce
Tuna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber Downey Jr. View Post
Anyone been picking up much for bonus crabs + rockfish?
We crabbed in 70' and got 29 for 4 pots, chicken and shad. BF were biting good also.

Last edited by fishsauce; 07-02-2019 at 12:02 PM.
fishsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:24 PM   #54
Bobber Downey Jr.
Chromer

Wow I'd say so I'm 50/50 on if I want to do CR or Newport Friday... Nice thing about Newport is I have a place I can crash fairly close by. For CR I have to wake up at 2am if I'm to get there at the time I'd want to launch Friday Dang holiday weekend and people booking every square inch of rentable space.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #55
apelily
Chromer

I am getting reports the last couple days the coho have been hard to find. They arent concentrated out deep like they were over the weekend. Maybe it is the minus tides. If anybody did well today please post or pm me with some info if you can please. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #56
smoky
Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apelily View Post
I am getting reports the last couple days the coho have been hard to find. They arent concentrated out deep like they were over the weekend. Maybe it is the minus tides. If anybody did well today please post or pm me with some info if you can please. Thank you!

We got our 6 yesterday but had to work for them. Between 180' and 260'.

Scratch fishing most of the day until 1:30 and things turned on but we only needed two more by then.
smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #57
Big Game Fishing

It was scratchy today. I made a couple moves and found our fish, but it wasn't fast and furious. Had to work a small area. Only one double. More small Chinook around than had been.
Big Game Fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #58
Tylerwilson
Cutthroat

Not quite like it’s been but still great fishing on a beautiful ocean, most of the fleet and best fishing for us was found south and outside of the CR buoy. Water was a bit more off color than it has been the last week, maybe influence from the big minus tide ebbs. Water temp where we were fishing dropped a bit and was reading 58 on my lowrance. Tomorrow is a different day, hoping for lights out fishing for everyone! Happy 4th of July.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:32 AM   #59
Soulakala
King Salmon

We did the late start and crossed a nice bar around 9:30 ish. We had a comfortable ride at 25+mph out to NW of the CR. Dropped our anchovies down to 20 pulls and bang two mini Coho that got released. Then nothing for 15 minutes until a fair size coho rung the dinner bell. It was nothing then fish again, a little slow fishing for us but with the ocean as nice as it was when we did get our fish it was hard to pack it up and go home. We saw a few of the charters working the green line as we came in. Back at the float around noon. We did drop one pot off the LH inside the NJ but with the big tides really didn't expect much. As it was we had 3 nice males waiting for us, which by the way went well with the Ribeye last night.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #60
RWTIII
Tuna!

Three day report.
6/30 - left the dock at 07:15 started fish at 08:00 done at 10:00 6 Coho for about 20 Hookups. 350' of water west of G1. 2 on herring w/Dicks SP other 4 on Anchovy with helmets, all at 22 to 35 feet on line counters. Nice concentrated school.
7/2 - Friends boat, started at 10:30 200' of water and trolled west and SW. Picked up 5 Coho all on Anchovy most between 245' and 300'.
7/3 - Scratched up 4 for three rods between 11:00 and 2:30 could not find a concentrated school all on the same set ups as above.
Late starts do to Razor clamming in the morning. Long two days but worth the effort.