2019 Odell Reports - Page 3 - www.ifish.net

Trout Yak!
Trout & Kokanee Fishing with Buzz Ramsey

Go Back   www.ifish.net > Ifish Fishing and Hunting > Trout Yak! Trout & Kokanee Fishing

Old 07-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #121
tundra5
Steelhead

Default Re: 2019 Odell Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish-on-bend View Post
Nice work Jeremy. Your boy looks pretty happy with that toad.
Thank you Joe. He was very happy. Last year he caught one just a hair over 20lbs so this trip he decided to retire on top and he let his older brother go out with me for the first three afternoons. His brother managed to catch three small Macks on those trip and started to tease him about out fishing him. On the fourth afternoon Aidan decided to go with me to " defend his title " We went nearly four hours without a bite before he finally caught this guy which is his new personal best. ( I think his head might be bigger than the fish. He is very confident in his fishing abilities now. So much so that he was even gracious enough to hand a rod off to me the following day so that I could reel in a Mack )

tundra5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #122
fishwisher
Steelhead

Fished the 9th, 10th, 11th and a few hours this morning. Ended up with 74 fish for two of us. Lost almost that many and tossed back several smaller ones.

We kept to the east end of the lake because that was where we were staying, our boat is small, and we seemed to do as well there as anywhere. Most of the time we had the whole area to ourselves. Almost all the fish were at about 40'. The biters were mostly in 150 FOW or deeper (mostly deeper). A variety of lures worked, but twisted hoochies in pink were most productive -- with tuna and bloody tuna soaked corn, of course.
fishwisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:46 AM   #123
Salem Loki
Coho

Spent July 5 through 12 at SCR. Fishing was great. Got 40 to 60 daily with 4 rods, 5-10 am, orange and pink KK mysis bugs and super mysis bugs did the trick (as usual), fishing 40 to 65 feet deep off the ledge and near Breezy Point. Middle of morning moved further out in lake, then ventured back to west end with no boat traffic and still a good bite. Didn't matter what corn recipe, just as long as there is a scent. I use KK ball flasher and stack flasher with a 12-18 foot setback. Longer setback on lower rod. Already canned 65 jars!! Still plenty of out of staters renting boats and not knowing any boat etiquette, so be careful.
Salem Loki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #124
HiTide
Steelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem Loki View Post
Spent July 5 through 12 at SCR. Fishing was great. Got 40 to 60 daily with 4 rods, 5-10 am, orange and pink KK mysis bugs and super mysis bugs did the trick (as usual), fishing 40 to 65 feet deep off the ledge and near Breezy Point. Middle of morning moved further out in lake, then ventured back to west end with no boat traffic and still a good bite. Didn't matter what corn recipe, just as long as there is a scent. I use KK ball flasher and stack flasher with a 12-18 foot setback. Longer setback on lower rod. Already canned 65 jars!! Still plenty of out of staters renting boats and not knowing any boat etiquette, so be careful.
What size are the jokes running now?
HiTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:01 AM   #125
Salem Loki
Coho

The Kokes are running 10 inches or greater for the most part. I was surprised at the number of fish already at 12+. I did get a few in the 8-9 inch range, but not often.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:07 AM   #126
fishwisher
Steelhead

Quote:
The Kokes are running 10 inches or greater for the most part. I was surprised at the number of fish already at 12+. I did get a few in the 8-9 inch range, but not often.

That was our experience with size, too. Couple of 14" and many 10 -12" but nice and plump.
fishwisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:07 PM   #127
Umpquanuts
Tuna!

I plan on taking a family fishing up there next weekend...does anybody have a report on water quality conditions...trying to avoid a trip cutting through an algae bloom. Fish reports welcome too!
Umpquanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:53 AM   #128
Salem Loki
Coho

Heard from a friend that the algae bloom is going. Keep in mind the fish are down deep and they only encounter the bloom for a few seconds as you net the fish. No effect on the meat.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:39 AM   #129
Umpquanuts
Tuna!

Quote:
Heard from a friend that the algae bloom is going. Keep in mind the fish are down deep and they only encounter the bloom for a few seconds as you net the fish. No effect on the meat.
Thanks for the note....I see the lake is not listed by the Oregon Health Authority yet, but not sure when it was last sampled. A few other waters have some newer advisories. Not so worried about fish caught it just kinda takes a way the whole fishing experience when slicing through pea soup. Keep me posted folks and thanks in advance.
Umpquanuts is offline   Reply With Quote